It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen to ATS if....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
My apologies if there has already been a thread like this, but I'm interested to know what would happen to sites like ATS if UFOs/extraterrestrials/visitation, etc, were made public?
Lets say for arguments sake that it was all announced and made public and there was no reason to speculate anymore. Also, how would it affect you? What would your reaction to such an announcement be? Would you be happy and pleased, or would it frighten you? What questions would you have for our visitors? And how would it make you feel if we shared our planet with extraterrestrials and lived alongside them?

[edit on 6/6/08 by Agent Venom]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Don't worry I am certain there would still be enough lies left to go around. Besides I am certain that the space critters and Bigfoot would have their secrets.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I honestly would be very excited about the prospect of getting to know something that nobody before us has really known about.

what questions would i have? well to be honest, i won't start to even list them cause you guys would loose interest in this LONG before i got to the end of my list, but the biggest question i would have is why haven't they made themselves known from the very begining, why wait on someone else to tell us you are real, why not just come out with it and let the truth be known.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I agree w/ sacerd. There will always be the "behind the scenes" secrets to discuss.

How would it affect me and what would be my reaction if the truth about "aliens" were made public?

I have honestly thought this through bc i believe it will be made public, but have come to no definitive answer on how i would react. Although i believe they are there, what keeps me "feeling" (notice i use quotes) safe from them is that as long as it is hidden, there can be that doubt of "maybe i AM wrong in my speculations." Take that away and i am almost sure that i will feel unsure of everything. But I will only know for sure what my reaction will be once it actually happens. I hope above all else that i will have the intuition to decipher between the actual truth and what i am TOLD is the truth.

Would you be happy and pleased, or would it frighten you?

Definately there will be a degree of fear. I would not feel happy or pleased for sure. I am not like a lot of ppl where I am determined to make others see my point of view. The fact that some refuse to believe they exist doesn't negate that they actually do. "Ignorance is bliss" and who I am to try and impose the truth on ppl who would rather live in their ignorant bliss? So, no happiness to be found in the proof of what I already know to be true.

What questions would you have for our visitors?

"Please, can you keep your distance from me, my children, my family, and friends?" That question is composed due to the fact that I don't believe "aliens" are what a lot of ppl on here want to believe they are.

how would it make you feel if we shared our planet with extraterrestrials and lived alongside them?

Doesn't really matter how I feel bc it will happen as it has happened in times past. Don't be deceived by "knowledge" of advanced technology. They look empty and void of emotions bc they are void and empty of emotions, which means how you react and feel is the least of what is on their "minds". Their very appearance induces fear in ppl bc fear is a natural warning mechanism in humans to warn them of danger........ face the danger, but don't side w/ the danger.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The biggest questions would be why the government lied for so long. There would need to be justice against those involved in "silencing" the people who were in the know.

The lies would be outted and the government liars would have to be removed.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
That would be fine. It wouldn't change the name, just the meaning.

Aliens & UFO's:
A place to discuss conspiracy theories about the alien agenda and just what exactly the Targs might be planning with the Thralls. Also the place to discuss all those things you see that we can rule out known alien space ship as an explination for.

See. The change will be easy and straightforward!...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Even if they came... ATS skeptics would debunk them, and point to another conspiracy on hullicigens from chemtrails that aren't real but could be if it's around 2012 and a planet or comet is near, but only if it's not Mass Media disclosure and they can't look human(who would believe that)... and the poles would have to switch by then.

Other than that.... wouldn't be a problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It would be even better if a few of them joined ATS huh!

If they already havn't that is, of course we would still have the debunkers, but my guess would be they wouldn't be half as cocky as they are now.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Venom
My apologies if there has already been a thread like this, but I'm interested to know what would happen to sites like ATS if UFOs/extraterrestrials/visitation, etc, were made public?
Lets say for arguments sake that it was all announced and made public and there was no reason to speculate anymore. Also, how would it affect you? What would your reaction to such an announcement be? Would you be happy and pleased, or would it frighten you? What questions would you have for our visitors? And how would it make you feel if we shared our planet with extraterrestrials and lived alongside them?

[edit on 6/6/08 by Agent Venom]

Well it would prove alot on ATS to be right, and there's plenty more conspiracies to go around.
But i would love to hear full disclosure in my lifetime.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Venom

The ATS team would be rushing out to get live interviews with the visitors and try to get the scoop..

Go Johnny Anonymous...

Then immediately after the believers would be gloating with "I told you so" while the debunkers scurry back under the nearest rock...

That's what would happen in my opinion

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

What questions would you have for our visitors?

i would ask the visitors if this picture Agent Venom posted in my thread was really data's head ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I really am holding out for a lot more than a release of some of the file and an admission of some of the truth. Disclosure to me means THEY show up and we get to choose between NWO and FREEDOM, with an upgrade. I know what my choice is. So if they show up, and the leaders try to twist it into some kind of attack by ets, its not!!!!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I would not be shocked as much as relieved that what I have believed for years was true. I might do some gloating to the debunkers,lol. I would be somewhat shocked still to the fact of actually seeing a real, confirmed ET. I would also be wondering what their intent was. But as far as ATS, it would still be around and prolly would get some type of award for being on the front lines trying to get the truth out. The site would change only in the fact that the arguments "if ETs exist and are visiting Earth" would be done. But there would still be many new topics to discuss, like ET politics, agenda, if the gov. told us everything, etc. We may be discussing new technologies as well. Anyways I think something like that would happen. Good question!

PS: Good to see you back Zorgon!

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

that's hilarious considering it's a picutre of a rock and C-3PO's head. Don't know where you keep getting "Data's head" from. Incase you're still confused, the rock is the image on the left! Also thank your friend zorgon for resurrecting a thread of mine that's nearly a year old now, I would tell him myself but he's on ignore.

Anyway it's nice to see more people replying in this thread.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Since your question is, "What would happen to ATS if...." I'll stick with that.

We would probably get about a million new members at once and crash the servers. But, for the sake of it lets say the servers hold. Traffic would be so heavy the moderators would have to run from thread to thread, putting out the fires started by the folks who didn't bother reading the T&C's.

It would be wonderful.

I've been here for many years and watched this site grow by leaps and bounds. Disclosure, regardless of how it happens, would be great for ATS. I wish it would happen today.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Best reply yet

I hope it happens in my lifetime anyway, as I'm sure many others are.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
If it was made public I think there would certainly still be a need for speculation and lots of discussions. ATS would be the perfect place for that, if anything it would probably become more popular.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

Don't know where you keep getting "Data's head" from. Incase you're still confused, the rock is the image on the left!

your the one that posted it

are you sure you know wich one is the rock ?

maybe you should take my advice and ask the visitors you speak of in this thread ? maybe that will help you then...

and i ain't your messenger boy

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Nope, if you had read the post correctly you would have seen I wrote this:

For me, it's all about as convincing as the time they said they found C-3PO's head on the moon!

Then under the picture I wrote:

(I make no guarantees that it is infact C-3PO's head on the moon. It could be Data. After all, who knows how many Data heads are out there.)

And judging by your threads/posts you'd be the last person I'd take advice from on this site.

Maybe I should put you on ignore too, you and zorgon are going from thread to thread that I have posted in to try and stir up trouble by the looks of it. If you can't handle taking the heat of different viewpoints and opinions other than your own maybe you should get out of the kitchen.

[edit on 18/5/09 by Agent Venom]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There would still be a lot of debate and discussion about the true nature of these hypothetical aliens. For instance, there are those who would be upset that their pet-theories were not confirmed, and be convinced the government is lying because of it. There will be those who are convinced they are not aliens, but some plot by the New World Order. There are those who will say they are not aliens, but demons. We'll debate whether a particular UFO incident was the work of these aliens or not. And so forth. Even if alien visitation is confirmed, ATS and this forum in particular will continue unabated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join