It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials say Iran attack "unavoidable"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

This is HYPE.

Remember the hostage crisis that occured during an election cycle? This is no different. Everyone is puffing up to look bad ass.

Iran doesn't have nukes (weapons), but Israel MIGHT take out a reactor as they did in Iraq in 1983.

It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

And if if were, it would likely be an excuse to get the U.S. into the war, E.G. a false flag incident.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

1. They don't have nukes OR ICBMs, but that does not mean they don't have the intent on making and using them. Whether you choose to accept it or not, the fact that whether we are at war with countries or not, they are at war with us. Keep your eyes closed for all I care, it's not going to change the fact that Iran has, in fact, made public statements about attacking and destroying Israel, America, and American interests.

2. I'm not a General, but I am an Intelligence Analyst with a TS clearance, but that has NOTHING to do with the fact that Israel has about the same military technology as the US and willing/able pilots to deliver the ordinance. Israel is quite capable of handing Iran's asses to them. They've done it before, when the Iranians were better funded, and more capable.

3. China and Russia already sell weapons and complain. It's not a wish, it's a fact.

4. Exactly, the entire world is oppressed. Somebody eventually has to do something about it. Obviously it's not going to be you, but somebody needs to stand up for the people that can't do it for themselves.

Don't believe all the media propaganda you see on CNN. Believe it or not, the media LOOKS for dirt on the government. Not hide it.

You really don't know anything about anything and I highly advise you just stay quiet while adults are talking. Believe it or not, some people actually know about this sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Air_Superiority

Lets agree to disagree!

A lot of countries are oppressed but you rarely hear america wanting to defend them. I can start listing them but what's the point? It seems Isreal is the only country that gets taken seriously.

Don't get me wrong I think Israel has a right to exist but so does everyone else. And at what cost? We have already attacked two other muslim countries so what do you think arabs will make of a third attack?

Basic common sense but I guess some people lack it.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

We didn't attack 2 muslim countries. We attacked 2 extremist terrorist orginizations that just so happen to find refuge in countries that are predominantly Muslim. How can you say we attacked Afghanistan when the government allowed it? Afghanis are allies in AFG. The TB is the enemy.

As for your stance on Israel. Are you saying that you can put a dollar amount on the existence of innocent civilians in a country hated primarily because of their religion? You can't be serious. At what cost? Take a long look at that question, and while your at it, take a long look at yourself, too. Sorry to say but not everybody in this world is as spineless as you.

America is protecting it's own interests, just like every other country in the world. It's basic common sense, but I guess some people lack it, along with testicular fortitude.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Gordon Brown and President George Bush have warned Iran to accept their "offers of partnership" or face tough sanctions and international isolation

Europe would take action to freeze overseas assets of Iran's biggest bank and impose new oil and gas sanctions.

President Bush thanked Mr Brown for his "strong statement" and added: "The Iranians must understand that when we come together and speak with one voice we are serious."

serious enough to start another never ending war??

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Air_Superiority
We didn't attack 2 muslim countries. We attacked 2 extremist terrorist orginizations that just so happen to find refuge in countries that are predominantly Muslim. How can you say we attacked Afghanistan when the government allowed it? Afghanis are allies in AFG. The TB is the enemy.

The iraqi regime was an "extremist terrorist organization"? Who are you kidding boy? Even the afghanistan campaign was questionable since america actually helped the taliban overthrow the soviets by providing them weapons and tactical support a few decades ago. Do you remember that or do you have a conviently short memory?

As for your stance on Israel. Are you saying that you can put a dollar amount on the existence of innocent civilians in a country hated primarily because of their religion? You can't be serious. At what cost? Take a long look at that question, and while your at it, take a long look at yourself, too. Sorry to say but not everybody in this world is as spineless as you.

I was not strictly referring to financial cost. I was talking about the total all-around cost, including lives lost, damage to the american image, increased terrorism, possible nuclear war with the other super powers, dollar devaluation, increased oil prices, etc..etc. I already made my points quite clear but it seems you have a war agenda to push and could not care less as long as Isreal stays safe and/or america monopolises all the oil.

America is protecting it's own interests, just like every other country in the world. It's basic common sense, but I guess some people lack it, along with testicular fortitude.

"Testicular fortitude", "spineless" I take offense to these comments but I will not declare war on you. I will however suggest that you LEARN MANNERS AND ACT LIKE AN ADULT instead of a coward that resorts to name calling.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join