It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials say Iran attack "unavoidable"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Officials say Iran attack "unavoidable"

uk.news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - An Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear sites looks "unavoidable" given the apparent failure of sanctions to deny Tehran technology with bomb-making potential, one of Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's deputies said on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
"If Iran continues with its programme for developing nuclear weapons, we will attack it".

Another war getting ready to kick off.

uk.news.yahoo.com

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
double post ats link

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
WOW. This is definitely the most direct threat yet. And although this does have the same tone and urgency that Bush had in the run up to the Iraq war, there is still one big reality looming over this:

Israel knows that IF they attack Iran it has to be all or nothing. Meaning that Iran will certainly retaliate, and in a big way. This forces Israel to go with the nuclear option. If that happens, and lets say that Iran DOES have nukes, then this will be a giant mess.

I am just still not sure that Israel is willing to take that grand of a step. I think in this case they are trying to use threats to sway the Iranian government.

I hope I'm right...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433
double post ats link

Not quite the same though.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976

"If Iran continues with its programme for developing nuclear weapons, we will attack it".

Another war getting ready to kick off.

uk.news.yahoo.com

I just don't get it... Why can the US not rein in their pitbull here? I am starting to get really frustrated about this. Any other country making these threats to Israel would be knocked down a peg or two. Any country following through on them would be slapped back into the last century.

I knew this would happen as soon as the "Axis of Evil" was given to us. I do not see this boding well for anyone. Alot of innocent people are going to get smoked for no really good reason.

Hopefully, when it is safe go outside again after the nuclear war I can make myself a Mad Max style vehicle, I will be forgoing the mullet though.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Rook1545

Mad Max! LOVE IT. You have to rock the mullet though. It works to keep the sun off of your neck, and let's face it, you'll need all of the protection you can get.

I am not so sure though that Israel is the US's pit bull. I think it might be the other way around. Either way, one of the two will eventually drag the other into war. It almost seems inevitable.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

. Either way, one of the two will eventually drag the other into war. It almost seems inevitable.

I have to agree with that. there's no avoiding this one

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree,
any belief that an israeli attack on irans faciliites will be the end of this situation is a fool,
Iran have the RIGHT to retaliate against any agression,

In saying this I believe Israel are too aware of this, and will opt for the nuclear option as a matter of urgency.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
[edit on 6-6-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If there are strikes on Iran it won't result in any major all-out conflict, in my opinion. Iran know that the US will never be dragged into a ground war inside Iran, and trying to go on the offensive themselves will just result in getting annihilated by the US's staggeringly powerful air/naval power - both of which, unlike the army, are far from stretched and itching to go.

What I expect to happen is that Iran will huff & puff, claim their facilities weren't damaged severely and that the attacks failed miserably, trot out a few images of dead civilians for maximum effect and go crying to the UN.

Then they can attack in their own way. Flood Iraq with weapons for the insurgents and turn the place into even more of a hell-hole, and give Hizballah more weapons to really step up the attacks on Israel. Basically make the place a living nightmare for the US/Israel. That's the only way they'll get results in the long run.
I think the US knows this will happen and that public opinion in the US will go rapidly downhill when US forces start losing ground in Iraq and the casualties start rising sharply. They may have to pull out with their tail between their legs, or end up stuck there for years in an even worse situation than they're in now. I believe this is the reason the US hasn't taken on Iran already.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

interesting post, and i see your point. I just hope this isn't the case and we dont have to have another long war, against people who aren't afraid to die for the cause.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
Israel knows that IF they attack Iran it has to be all or nothing. Meaning that Iran will certainly retaliate, and in a big way. This forces Israel to go with the nuclear option. If that happens, and lets say that Iran DOES have nukes, then this will be a giant mess.

Israel knows damned well Iran has no nuclear weapons. It knows the worst that will happen will be a conventional response and it knows the US is just itching to get stuck-in in support.

Remember that Tango advert that ran on TV here in the UK some years ago? A large guy painted orange used to run around slapping peoples' ears with the strap line "You know when you've been Tango'd."

What I can't seem to understand is why the world doesn't seem to know it's been 'Iraq'd."

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Sorry - double post

[edit on 6-6-2008 by coughymachine]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wow and all of us crack ass CT people have been saying this since they went into Afghanistan..

Interesting that... How thing all fall into place.. Sell idiots britney spears, and you get wars out the ass.. While the world looks at us like we are mad.. we sit here and watch football or whatever sport is playing now..

ANYWAY.... I as an American am sick of trying to figure you guys out.. When can I become something else...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This has been troubling me, and I'm sorry if it seems trite.

I would appreciate it if the thread were entitled "Israeli Officials say...." vs. "Officials say..."

Pardon the editorially inclined input, bad habit I guess.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I see it happening in quite the opposite way.

I see Israel attacking Iran, and Iran attacking back. This would bring the US into it, and as soon as China and Russia know that their oil interests in Iran are threatened then they will be in there too. I think you could then count on the Iraqis getting more intense with their attacks. All of a sudden you have a full blown war and I am not too sure what happens next. Would China use this as the perfect time to take Taiwan? What would Europe do? This would make for some interesting alliances I think.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rook1545
reply to post by Curio

I see it happening in quite the opposite way.

I see Israel attacking Iran, and Iran attacking back. This would bring the US into it, and as soon as China and Russia know that their oil interests in Iran are threatened then they will be in there too. I think you could then count on the Iraqis getting more intense with their attacks. All of a sudden you have a full blown war and I am not too sure what happens next. Would China use this as the perfect time to take Taiwan? What would Europe do? This would make for some interesting alliances I think.

Russia and China won't get dragged into this mess - not directly anyway. And Iran aren't stupid.....they know it would be suicide to attack the US/Israel directly. There are better ways to go about things.

All in my opinion, of course

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Iran has the ability to reach out and touch israel with conventional weapons - IF this happens and Israel use nukes in reply (or from teh get go) then all hell will break lose,

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

if the Israelis attack they know the Iranians will attack back , unlike their neigbours.

1. Iran has stockpiles of Bio and chemical weapons.

2.they even have long range missiles that can reach every part of Israel.

3. The American administration knows what will happen if Israel was stupid enough to use nukes as the radiation would effect more then Iran.

their neigbours wouldnt like that. and with Israels samson option we can all say good bye to our loved ones as the pricks would nuke most countries causing other countries to fire nukes.

4. i agree the russians and chineese would do jack all apart from help Iran with Intel on enemy forces and supply arms.

5. if Iran did get attacked like any country they would have a right to attack back, maybe blow up the Israeli reactor

6. where is the out cry from people who shouted Iran is evil for saying they would attack Israel if israel or the US forces attacked Iran pre-emtivily.
since we have Israel here threatening Iran again

whats the saying?

7. if this does get out of hand i just hope no one from the UK is sent in.
i havent seen Labour go as Far as the US did when it comes to the defence of the rogue state.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by bodrul]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join