It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Pyramid discovered in Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

SAQQARA, Egypt - Egyptian archaeologists unveiled on Thursday a 4,000-year-old "missing pyramid" that is believed to have been discovered by an archaeologist almost 200 years ago and never seen again.

Link to article with related videos:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
UMMM... How do you misplace a pyramid?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
UMMM... How do you misplace a pyramid?

Read the source and find out!

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I did more fully... it isn't a pyramid they found so much as it was the base of one... not exactly the same thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Yes it is, at least in terms of Archeaology.

Still, your post does hold some eeriely coincidential meaning - i can't help but wonder what happened to the rest of it.

Kinda reminds me of a book by Matthew Reily, i wonder if there's an international hunt going on to find the missing peices of the capstone or something.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
RedGolem beat you to it with this thread
Don't worry, it happens all the time here.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This seems anomalous to me...of course its just me...

Take a look at this lid (from the sarcophagus)found at the site of the so called Headless Pyramid...It almost looks metallic. And the perfectly straight edges and holes are a pretty fascinating. And why does Hawass look so shifty?

Its either made of granite or grey schist, depending on where you read about it...

source

Here are some other pics of it:

source

source

[edit on 6-6-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

WOW! I'm having real difficulty believing that's genuine. It couldn't look more out-of-place. So perfectly cut, such a strange choice of colour/rock. Why is it not at all worn with time?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Me too, every time I look at it. So precise in it's carving.

I wonder if this is typical of the stone "lids" of that time.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Is it just me or is Hawass really pushing this is the real thing... in the Yahoo news article alone he says...

We have filled the gap of the missing pyramid," Hawass told reporters on a tour of the discoveries at Saqqara, the necropolis and burial site of the rulers of ancient Memphis, the capital of Egypt's Old Kingdom, about 12 miles south of Cairo.

Archaeologists have not found a cartouche — a pharaoh's name in hieroglyphs — of the pyramid's owner. But Hawass said that based on the estimated date of the pyramid he was convinced it belonged to Menkauhor.

"You never know what secrets the sands of Egypt hide," he said. "I always believe there will be more pyramids to discover."

Could this have been planted or fabricated?
I agree with Photon, The sarcophagus looks metal to me as well...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry folks, but with all of the years of his being untrustworthy, I wouldn't trust Hawass to pour sand out of a shoe. I have heard enough ill news on the man over the years that make me sick just knowing he has his hand in every ancient project in the country.

Don't trust the man. He has his own agenda. Giza is a Military Zone thanks to him. I'm glad that I visited Egypt before his position was created. In my opinion, Egypt's history is being re-writen, Hawass style, & damn the rest of the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheyracingchick

I don't even know if Hawass knows what he's pushing, I mean look at him in that picture I posted above. Doesn't he seem unsure about something?

That "lid" is so out of place it's almost laughable....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by DREAMING MAN
Don't trust the man. He has his own agenda. Giza is a Military Zone thanks to him. I'm glad that I visited Egypt before his position was created. In my opinion, Egypt's history is being re-writen, Hawass style, & damn the rest of the world.

I'm with you DREAMING. Although I couldn't say what his own agenda would be, I just know I wouldn't trust the guy as far as I can throw him. He has a vested interest in keeping "Egypt's history" as status quo.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
You are absolutely on target as for "Hawass keeping Egypt's history status quo." You could not have put it any better! There is so much history that has yet to be discovered. It is as if he has a prewritten book on Egypt's past, & as things are discovered, Hawass politely assigns his own scenario to the discovery.

He has an untold amount of power. Far too much power, & it is Absolute and unquestionable. Armed guards travel with him everywhere. In one interview that he gave a few years ago, he blatantly came forward with the idiotic statement that he was a"Pharaoh reincarnate." I honestly do not think that fits into the Islamic belief system following death. Quite honestly he needs a world class Swiss Psychoanalyst. He is a danger to people & to the history & future of one of the world's greatest treasures, the land of Egypt.

As far as I am concerned, and this is my opinion only, Egypt's history is more important than just belonging to Egypt. It's sites are so important to the entire world as a whole. But the fact that the Giza Plateau is now a declared Military Zone tell me that there are some studies going on there which are not to be seen or known about. Sure you can still visit the area of the Pyramids & such, but any thing west of the area is off limits. It's likened to the USA's area 51. Go figure.

Egypt is hiding something major. Actually a lot of things are being hid, & Hawass is behind all of it. In many way's it is scary beyond belief.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

Hello Dreaming Man,

DM: ...the Giza Plateau is now a declared Military Zone tell me that there are some studies going on there which are not to be seen or known about. Sure you can still visit the area of the Pyramids & such, but any thing west of the area is off limits. It's likened to the USA's area 51...

You may be interested in this thread here:

Egypt's Area 51?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DREAMING MAN

As far as I am concerned, and this is my opinion only, Egypt's history is more important than just belonging to Egypt. It's sites are so important to the entire world as a whole....

Egypt is hiding something major. Actually a lot of things are being hid, & Hawass is behind all of it. In many way's it is scary beyond belief.

The first part of your statement is very important and it is the reason why I have become so intrigued with the story of Ancient Egypt. Well, funny thing is, I feel the story we've all been told is not accurate and incomplete at best. We're all on a need to know basis.

There's a lot more going on here. Look around our present society and you can find Egyptian influences everywhere. Look at some of the greatest ancient civilizations known to current man, mainly the Greeks and the Romans, and you'll see that they too were very much influenced by these Ancient Egyptians. I mean they were established as a thriving civilization long before the Romans and Greeks as far as I'm concerned.

The Greeks came in and ruled them over eventually, and suddenly we have Greek names for Egyptian cities and kings; that we still use today... Huh?

Why were these super civilizations so enamored by the AE's? There is an incredible amount of knowledge that sprung up in this land thousands of years ago... where did the Egyptians get their no how? Who was their influence? It seems to me that all major civilizations took something from Egypt, well who did Egypt take from?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Link to article with related videos:

news.yahoo.com...

The link is 404, would like an additional source if possible.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DREAMING MAN

Yeah, imagine how cranky YOU would be if you were in charge of your country's archeology, and every couple minutes, some crank form America or Europe is calling your office to tell you why it is utterly, completely impossible for the artifacts to be Egyptian-made, and instead they HAD to come from space aliens, Atlantis, or the tall white Aryan race.

Constantly

For decades.

I think his agenda is to get the crazy racist nutbars who are utterly convinced that Egyptians were too stupid to stack rocks, to shut the hell up and sit down.

Also consider just how much Egyptian archeology is packed away in museum basements in Europe and America, while we're at it. I'd be a snarly, irate badger of a man, too.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
That's the strangest thing I could imagine finding in the middle of all that rough cut limestone... doesn't look like it was ever buried in sand or rubble either, just sitting there plain as day "lost" for 200 years?

And that's not a 'lid' of anything, it's obviously one of two pieces that are designed to lock together. Maybe on a sliding track to form one big ass door.

Yeah, he looks shifty alright. Like the photographer just became a huge problem for him.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
That is metal, They are hiding something by using that to cover an entrance I bet. Kind of like a giant portable door with hidden lock.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

If you ask me, its one solid piece of material. Though, there is a risen section that we see on top, there does not seam to be any seams where there should be if it were two different structures. Look on the front face, there is no seams.

If you are asking me what it is that we see there?:

Its a information board of some sort, much like you see in malls. Also known as a sarcophagus, at one time telling the information of the one that was buried there.

Anyways, I have no idea what it is, though Im willing to bet my account that its not a "hidden door" as you guys so easily speak of like they are every where, and common occurrence.

Maybe on a sliding track to form one big ass door.

OMG thats golden, please more comedy! Please, do expand on your "Big Ass Door" theory, its rich!

How about you take a look at the back side picture and see if you would like to keep going with this whole 'hidden door' theory any longer.

Come on people, if your going to make a claim like a 'hidden door of metal', at least look at all the links and pictures before you hit that bong, swill back your 12th coors light and decide to post on ATS.

[edit on 2-8-2009 by MrSmith]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join