It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you identify the "Lake Monster"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I stumbled across this supposed "Lake Monster Footage" on YouTube. I haven't seen it before and it's unclear what the source is.

www.youtube.com...

It looks like an otter swimming in very shallow water...

Has anyone seen this before? Or is it just the usual YouTube trash?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I have seen it before, its an otter. The location is escaping me right now, I want to say that it was in a sound off Alaska. But I very well could be wrong.

In related Lake Monster news, can anyone translate this web page? It has some impressive pics of something in Lake Seljordsvattnet (or something) in Norway.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by testrat

Thanks Testrat. A source would be great, but that were more than helpful. Perhaps you should U2U Hellmutt.

He may be able to help you out with the translation.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
My guess is an otter too. Based on its quick movements, its definately not 'nessie'-sized.

Off topic: Gem, the link in your signature doesn't work.

[edit on 6/6/08 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
Off topic: Gem, the link in your signature doesn't work.

[edit on 6/6/08 by Thain Esh Kelch]

That's strange... Thanks. I'll fix it.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Looks exactly like an otter Gem.

I concur in spades gentlemen!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

its actuly a mistake its not really the monster of the loch but well..... it cinda a elliphent long story there was a circus in town somone thot it would be funny to say that the elliphent was while swiming the lochnes monster to his friends on msn intil it was put on youtube and thene 2 yeres later scincetists looked it up talked the ring leader and he told them about how the elliphent loved to go swiming and the let it off in the lake. you see the trunk is the head of the monster because he sticks it out like a snorkle and the eliphents head is the body because the elliphents cant swim wel thair so there heads ar always half under thats why he uses his trunk if you look closly you can see it look a bit like a trunk

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I too lean towards an Otter. ( after several looks )

First glance.. certainly does look like something else, but rationalizing has Otter all over it.

I like seeing these vids, keeps your brain in check

As to the other page listed, I translated it and it seems vaguely familiar.

The 'creatures' name is Selma.

Just as I was typing this I had a recollection.

I remember watching this on TV not too long ago. It was one of several sea monster sightings around the world.

It was the same show where they were looking for Nessie as well (different stories of course)

Not sure which location, but one crew actually had a line of boats from one side to the other and travelled the whole length using sonar. No findings

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
did anyone notice that this thing (if not an otter) moved some how a bit plastic for an animal

new topics

top topics

join