It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1960s People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
MEETING THE 1960s PEOPLE

The Rendlesham Affair (1980) is arguably the most important UFO event to have happened in Britain. It has as much, if not more supporting evidence, as that of the famous Roswell Crash of 1947. Rendlesham (RAF Woodbridge to be exact) was not a “crash landing” but a controlled one. Its occupants were not dead but very much alive when the military personnel turned up to witness the craft touch-down. I would recommend that you read the following if you have not already done so:-

Larry Warren / Peter Robbins “Left At East Gate”

Related Site

www.theporthole.co.uk...

& G. Bruni’s “You Can’t Tell The People”

Related Site

www.thelosthaven.co.uk...

On a personal level Rendlesham was the ideal place for me to investigate. There were four reasons for doing so:

1) I was inside the RAF Woodbridge Officers Mess, listening to conversations about the incident, shortly after it happened and before it became public knowledge. The story was real.

2) The RAF Base is close to where I had most of my ET experiences in my home County of Norfolk. Rendlesham is in the neighbouring Suffolk County.

3) I had a very good Source of information. The first people to investigate and write a book on the Incident were the co-authors, Dot Street, Jenny Randles and Brenda Butler (“Sky Crash”). Brenda was a personal friend.

4) It was an opportunity to meet - for the first time - other people with UFO experiences. The story had generated a lot of interest in the UFO community and “sky-watch” groups were reported to be active in the forest.

In the late 1990s there was a publication called UFO Magazine that was available in the high street newsagents. (Sadly this publication has now ceased.) The Magazine featured an article about the RAF Woodbridge / Rendlesham Story and talked about a “tour” that was to be given at the location. The Forestry Commission Tour was to officially start, at the Woodland Visitors Centre, not far from the RAF base flight line / landing strip. I applied to the F.C for a tour ticket giving my name and address details. Attending the guided talk in the morning and the SkyWatch Group in the evening of the same day – great!!

Turning up at the Visitors Centre I imagined that just me and the Forestry Warden would be walking around the woods. Big time embarrassment loomed!! It was not to be because fifty other UFO tourists turned up as well. Phew!! The Warden was surprised as well and could be heard mumbling on about having to organise a follow-up tour for another occasion. It did in fact take place and I am told one hundred people showed up!!!! The tour Guide gave a reasoned and fair account of the whole story as we plodded through the forest. I got the impression that he was genuinely interested in what had happened although he retained a dignified and slightly sceptical approach. Apparently after the second “Tour” he was transferred to the other side of the country, by his superiors, and that was the end of the guided trips.

ENTRANCE THE 1960s PEOPLE:

As I was going around the woods, with my fellow UFO enthusiasts, I couldn’t help but notice this group of five people. Man, they were right out of the Sixties. They had clothes and hairstyles just like I remember as a kid. Just goes to show how old I am getting! The 60s crowd comprised of three men and two women.. The women had those bee-hive hair-dos that went up and up!! Anyway, I say that that I noticed them because they kept in close proximity. Each of these people tried to engage me in conversation. They asked about what I thought of the
ETs, where I thought they came from and why they had turned up. The 60s people seemed very interested in my discussions within the Officers mess. Fair enough this was a UFO guided tour. They did look a bit eccentric but what the heck. I tried my best to satisfy their curiosity although it was annoying to have to keep repeating myself over and over again. The same questions were being repeated with slightly different slants to them. Essentially they were repeated questions. There was a vague notion in my mind that these eccentrics seemed familiar. Anyway, with the tour complete I hung around the forest until dusk and joined the Sky Watch Group. That’s another story……………….

After the “Teddy Bears Picnic in the Woods” life got really strange! There was to all intents and purposes a surveillance campaign. Now this is not paranoia. At home when the telephone receiver was picked up you could hear the previous conversation being replayed. My Wife is high up in BT (formerly British Telecommunications) and had the phone line checked out. No rationale explanation could be found. The telephone number that had been contacted did not have a recording device or a call messaging system in place at the exchange.
Also there was the suspicion that our post was being opened.
There was also the remarkable incident where I discovered a man trying to get inside my house with a bunch of keys. He was fumbling through these keys outside the house when I opened the front door. He apologised and said that he was from CID Special Branch, Aylesbury and had come to the wrong address. I recorded his car number plate and had it checked out by the police. He was telling the truth about his CID credentials. A complaint was lodged but there was never a satisfactory explanation as to why he turned up at the door. He had no search warrant.
First the telephone was being tapped and then an illegal attempt to enter the premises. What next? Well the 1960s made a re-appearance. It didn’t matter where I went these people showed up. Whether it was London; Coventry; Norwich; Portsmouth or my home town in Buckinghamshire – they turned up. They appeared with their ridiculous 1960s clothes and hairstyles carting around an antiquated TV recording device. This piece of hardware looked like it had come right out of the Ark!! Do you remember watching black-and-white television? They didn’t have small hand-held self-adjusting camcorders in those days. This thing was a large box on a tripod with wheels! The funny thing was that I never made an attempt to challenge their presence. Odd that! Another bizarre thing was the way they acted. If you looked at them directly head-on they would all freeze rock solid. When you didn’t look at them, but just kept them in the corner of your eye, they would all move together in unison. Robotic like. Bizarre!!

After a period of about three months the Sixties People just stopped making their appearance and the apparent phone tapping came to an end. Where these eccentrics in fact extraterrestrials? I don’t know for sure but I definitely think that they are part of the phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Anybody have similiar experiences?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'm surprised by the lack of response to this thread. I've stayed up late tonight, in England to post it up again, for you chaps / chapesses in the USA. Most of the inhabitants of ATS seem to be on the other side of the Pond. There is a time lag of nine hours so I'm hoping you will all see it before the thread disappears off the listings again.

On the other hand it could be a very boring thread!?!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No, it definitely isn't boring. I find it very interesting. But I sure haven't had anything similar happen. Anecdotal evidence is always welcome, but absent something tangible to investigate, there isn't much to say except "thanks for sharing".

So, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
A strange account, to say the least. I can't say I've exactly met the '60s people, but from time to time I notice people that seem out of place.

I haven't tried to engage any of these, as the land is crawling with folks you would rather not invite home to dinner, if you catch my drift.

As I say, interesting, but I have no idea exactly what to make of it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

interesting story,

They asked about what I thought of the
ETs, where I thought they came from and why they had turned up.

what exactly did you tell them ? just wondering....

where do you think these people were from ? any accents ? did you talk about anything else besides ufo "s

maybe they were the men in black but from the sixties ?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've heard of the Rendlesham Incident, have looked into it, and to tell you the truth, I spent a whole lotta time on your links before coming here to post. I think your story is fascinating. I personally find more meat in the anecdotal accounts. They just roll off with clarity or not.

Good thread. Going ot read again...... perhaps will have some questions for you

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have told this story on here before but it is relevent to this thread here so I shall repeat.
Pardon me if you've read it before.

Once I was driving down the main street of the small town of Green River Utah, and there at a closed resteraunt was an older 50's sedan type car, black with dark windows. Outside of it were 3 '60's' people.
The MINUTE I saw them I thought OMG MEN IN BLACK!! CHECK EM OUT!
and I slowed down as I thought I would stop and engage them in conversation, see what they had to say for themselves....
..but as soon as I had that very thought they all looked at me and I got the creeping willys....I kept driving and didn't stop.
I drove 2 blocks further to my home which was a Bed & Breakfast Inn, and shouted at my guests that I just saw men in black lets all go see them.....we piled in the car and went back but they were gone. MAYBE 5 minutes had elapsed. Mind you the town is TINY so we drove the length of town looking for there freaky old black sedan but saw nothing, and we did not find these odd people.
They were dressed SO WEIRD it was like they were heading for a halloween dress up party but it was not halloween.
There were 2 men and one woman. The men were in dark old fashioned dark suits and ties including gangster looking hats. The woman was in go go boots and a mini skirt outfit straight out of the old 'Get Smart' TV series....she had this piled up high bouffant hair do like a tall beehive and cat eye glasses. This woman really LOOKED like a singer for the B52's.........she was holding a clipboard and had a pen. The men held nothing.
When they turned they're heads and looked at me I swear they looked at me in unison and there heads followed the course of my car.

I swear I WAS GOING to stop but them looking at me the way they were made my just keep driving.
It was really weird.
Sometimes I wonder what may have happened if I had stopped.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by Circle

interesting story,

They asked about what I thought of the
ETs, where I thought they came from and why they had turned up.

what exactly did you tell them ? just wondering....

where do you think these people were from ? any accents ? did you talk about anything else besides ufo "s

maybe they were the men in black but from the sixties ?

I said that the ETs I had met were able to bend the very fabric of nature. (Recently our scientists have been working on this at a molecular level to create cloaking devices on invisibilty). Over and over again they asked what I thought about rips in the space / time continium and how the Redlesham incident was a long line of leakages from other dimensions. Apparently the military had caused this "rip" by doing some experminent.

The accent of the one person I interacted. most. was typically Queen's English of the old school - cultured and polished. Some of the expressions she used were decidely oldfashioned. Things said, that my grandparents used to come out with.

Apart from from overtly UFO subject matter the conversation went into aspects of global damage to the environment. They kept going on about a big freeze that would hit China and a war of utmost brutality that would start in the Middle East. They also explained how this war would be triggered-off with Jew (military leader) being assassanated in Jerusalem. Before his death he was travelling in a Jeep near the perimeter wall at the Mount of Olives. When I asked what the specific dates would be for these things the reply I got was that the road ahead has many forks in it. I took this as a rerence to the "Tree of Alternatives" device that I had seen on an ET craft on an abduction incident. The future is like a tree with alternatives - many branched.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Good thread. Going ot read again...... perhaps will have some questions for you

I look forward to your questions. I will try to answer them to the best of y ability. If I don't have the answers I might speculate and will say so when I'm doing this.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hiyah Circle,

Wow, once again you post another thread that deals with somewhat fantastic experiences....

I don't know what to make of the three threads I've read from you so far. I certainly don't want to slight your experiences, but I am finding that, you've had 3 very extraordinary events happen to you...this one being the least out of the ordinary, which is saying something

Nice presentation though on all the threads, I am just having a problem with the stories themselves. Humor my skepticism, as it is not directed at you as a person, you seem sincere so far, but humor me when I say I am becoming a tad unbelieving as you continue to post your "experiences" as interesting as they are...

Do you think the other 2 threads you have posted tie into this one? How about a timeline to help us out, which ones happened in what order? Thanks for your patience

[edit on 10-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Once I was driving down the main street of the small town of Green River Utah, and there at a closed resteraunt was an older 50's sedan type car, black with dark windows. Outside of it were 3 '60's' people.
The MINUTE I saw them I thought OMG MEN IN BLACK!! CHECK EM OUT!
and I slowed down as I thought I would stop and engage them in conversation, see what they had to say for themselves....
..but as soon as I had that very thought they all looked at me and I got the creeping willys....I kept driving and didn't stop.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

I know that this might seem strange but I had the definite feeling that these 1960s people knew a lot about me. I was unnerved by the automoton reactions when they were together. The one that I interacted with seperately, didn't make me uncomfortable. Only when they acted as a group. Weird. I find this aspect of my experiences the most unsettling because while it was going on I had the distinct impression that what I saw was NOT what was actually happening. Although not a screen memory it felt close to it.

link   
Deleted double post

[edit on 10-6-2008 by NGC2736]

link   
reply to post by Circle

Hi Circle, always nice to meet a fellow Brit.

I enjoyed your story it was a good read, one thing that puzzled me though is you did not seem to be carrying a camera, did you not feel the need to make a photographic record of your tour ?

They appeared with their ridiculous 1960s clothes and hairstyles carting around an antiquated TV recording device.

My apologies if I sound a bit to personal here but "TV recording device" seems to me to be an odd term to use did you mean a video camera or perhaps a cine camera, cine camera being more likely if they were using 60's technology.

If they were indeed using a TV camera that would have been really bizarre because as ar as I am aware these were only used by professional companies like the BBC and ITV or maybe it was ATV in the 60's.

Was you on your own when you had these experiences in the 60's zone ?, only I was wondering if there could be anyone else who had experienced the same thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It seems typical for these visitors to assume the character of some groups here. Star Trek? Doctor Who? Just like someone mentioned the MIB.

I've met some odd(er) people too. There were some who dressed in what appeard to be 1800's US Marshals uniforms. Not a pleasent memory though, because they apparently died and were decapitated or turned to bloody mush. (bizarre story, mid 80's)

A guy on the beach that smelled like he crapped his pants and had two toddlers following him along that acted more like little people who didn't say a word while walking through the cold water on the beach. When they went back to his car, I walked around the back and I would swear the plate was from the 80's, just like the car, but, by this time the kids were crying as if they were back to normal or themselves.

Maybe the hippies were abducted several years ago and these were grown clones? I guess the hippies had limited knowledge and vocabulary? Maybe they were Muslims?

We have a Magazine here that's called UFO Magazine or did until recently. It's not at the bookstore anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Hiyah Circle,

Nice presentation though on all the threads, I am just having a problem with the stories themselves. Humor my skepticism, as it is not directed at you as a person, you seem sincere so far, but humor me when I say I am becoming a tad unbelieving as you continue to post your "experiences" as interesting as they are...

Do you think the other 2 threads you have posted tie into this one? How about a timeline to help us out, which ones happened in what order? Thanks for your patience

If I had to read these accounts from another person I would be unbelieving. They seem so fantasticly farfetched dont't they? Please remember that this sort of stuff doesn't happen to me every day of the week. In fact I might go years without much happening at all.

As a time line my experiences fall into two main time frames - 1) 1970s as a young person and the late 9os / early 00s as an adult. I have kept a record of my experiences as a timeline, the thread you are reading falls in the later period.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
reply to post by Circle

If they were indeed using a TV camera that would have been really bizarre because as ar as I am aware these were only used by professional companies like the BBC and ITV or maybe it was ATV in the 60's.

Was you on your own when you had these experiences in the 60's zone ?, only I was wondering if there could be anyone else who had experienced the same thing.

Yes thats exactly right I am saying they had a device like the old ATV. It looked old and professional.

These events took place on busy shopping arcades and a High Street. Also in amongst a a load of UFO tourists going around Rendlesham. No I did'nt have a camera on me (damn!!) and yes there were people that did. The odd thing was nobody seemed to be interested enough to take pictures of the people.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well thanks for not getting all snarky about me questioning your stories, yes, to me, they seem unbelievable, yet I try to keep an open mind.

But Sherpa asked a great question, and I want to expound on his sentiment when I ask...ok, compared to the rest of us, yes, you've had a series of fantastic and improbable happenings.

You say you are logging your experiences, so you do care about indexing them and keeping a record, and you obviously care about sharing them with others because you are here on ATS posting them so:

Why then do you not carry a camera and do you have any shred of proof, besides your seemingly sincere word, that any of these things happened to you?
What is your agenda, if you have one...thanks

Ok you answered his camera question about Rendlesham, thanks, so, do you NOW have a camera at all times and do you have any proof? I am not demanding any proof, just asking if you have some is all. If I had had even one of your experiences I'd be getting DNA, carry around a tripod, many memory cards, a video camera etc. is why I ask.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Why then do you not carry a camera and do you have any shred of proof, besides your seemingly sincere word, that any of these things happened to you?
What is your agenda, if you have one...thanks

I do have some proof in a set of co-ordinates I was given by the ETs that I posted on the "1998 For Me" Thread. Anybody that got a large ordinance survey map would see that this site (called Golden Chair) is linked to the archelogical sites of Stonehenge; Avebury, Old Sarum. What I'm sayung is that the sites run towards Golden Chair in angles of mutiples of ten degrees.

The other proof I have is that other people have witnessed these happenings - friends and family. I also have a media story that ties in with one of my experiences that I haven't yet posted.

I do try to verify experiences that I've had with logical reasoning. After 1998 for two years I pursued the leads that the ETs gave me that eventually led me to Golden Chair. I was not aware, for a long time, that seperate incidents were forming a pattern to their final disclosure. While this was happening I was using a n RV method to locate things / people that the ETs had put down as markers using a suspension of logic and going on vibes. Cameras were not on my mind because that was the mind-set at the time.,

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Circle]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Circle

Well forgive my ignorance, but, just because you post coordinates that you say an alien gave you, that are the same coordinates of Stonehenge, that you claim houses a portal, that is not proof....and it's ridiculous to claim that it is. Imagine our skepticism that you would even put this fact up as proof?

The other proof I have is that other people have witnessed these happenings - friends and family. I also have a media story that ties in with one of my experiences that I haven't yet posted.

Well, there you go, so are you going to post this media story that "ties in with one of your experiences" or is this another thread where you're going to reply "in time" or "I can't just now" due to "insertfakereasonhere "

And I find it telling that you answered all of my questions except the one that mattered the most....What is your agenda with these posts?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join