It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force officials ousted over nuclear gaffes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Air Force officials ousted over nuclear gaffes

edition.cnn.com

Chief of Staff Gen. T. Michael Moseley and Secretary Michael W. Wynne resigned over the department's concern over two incidents, including the August flight of a B-52 bomber that flew across the country with nuclear weapons.

"Focus of the Air Force leadership has drifted" in terms of handling nuclear weapons and equipment, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said.

Gates also cited this year's discovery that four nuclear warhead fuses were accidentally shipped to Taiwan in 2006.

Gates said he asked for the resignations after consulting President Bush.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Thought this might be interesting seeing as this received alot of attention here back in August.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thats bloody rich of GW Bush isn't it ? they get busted because some one high up tried to steal a US nuclear weapon and the heads of the irforce get it in spades.

The nuclear triggers, well OK thats not a good thing to send out, but hell, they aren't attached to nuclear weapons are they ? unless again some one was trying to steal the triggers for their own bomb.

Well, heads had to roll for political reasons I guess, sad it wasn't cheneys head.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I figured that someone would get the ax over this, just didn't think it would start up this high. I'm sure that there a lot of senior guys at Minot that are looking for work at Pick N Pay shoestore right now.

top topics

join