It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Heard this Strange Sound?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My subwoofer in the living room will make that sound if my phone is near it. My car radio does this every 15 min. as well. I just figured it's signal interference.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Asnivor

I am amazed that one of my tunes ended up getting so much interest from a conspiracy forum! It's just plain old mobile phone signals connecting which occurs when the phone is about to ring, make a call, send and receive a text message and when it reconnects to a transmission tower.

This sound can be a pain in the recording studio but I decided to turn it around and use it to make some funky electronica - don't worry it's not the aliens trying to take over your brain...

Apell Mobile Cell by Apell

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It also happens when your phone is checking for mail, receiving text messages or calls. no conspiracy

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Interesting. I used to hear this while driving in my truck and always wondered what it was. I did some research and found out the cell-phone answer. I can hear the noise very distinctly through my truck speakers even when my stereo isn't on. Once I heard it before the ignition was even turned. Not sure why. I don't hear it in my car unless the stereo is on.

I heard on C2C a while back that Stanford University had published some research they conducted on long term exposure to radio frequencies and the results, from what I understand, are pretty shocking. The field of the publication was called "bioelectromagnetics". More on the subject here:
www.geocities.com...

Absorption of RFR depends on many factors including the transmission frequency and the intensity, the duration of exposure, and one’s distance from the source. Other factors include an organism’s size, shape, water content, and orientation toward the radiating source. Children, for instance, absorb energy differently than adults.

The term used to describe the absorption of radiofrequency radiation is "specific absorption rate" or SAR, which is the rate of energy that is actually absorbed. Specific absorption rates are measured in watts per kilogram (W/kg) of tissue.

Specific absorption rates are a more reliable determinant and index of RFR biological effects than are power densities because SARs reflect what is actually being absorbed rather than an energy quotient in space.

In addition to SARs, there are some indications that biological effects may also depend on how energy is deposited in the body. Different propagation characteristics such as ‘modulation,’ or different wave-forms and shapes may have different effects on a living system. For example, the same amount of energy can be delivered to tissue "continuously" or "in short pulses". Different biological effects may result depending on the type, kind, and duration of the exposure.

There are flaws and important gaps in the RFR research. The majority of the studies on RFR have been conducted with short-term exposures, i.e. a few minutes to several hours. Little is known about the effects of long-term exposure such as would be experienced by people living near telecommunications installations, especially with exposures spanning months or years. What are the effects of long-term exposure? Does long-term exposure produce different effects from short-term exposure? Do effects accumulate over time?

There is some evidence that effects of RFR do accumulate over time. Here are some examples:
Phillips et al. [1998] reported DNA damage in cells after 24 hours of exposure to low intensity RFR. DNA damage can lead to gene mutation, which accumulates over time.

Magras and Xenos [1999] reported that mice exposed to low-intensity RFR became less reproductive. After five generations of exposure, the mice were not able to produce offspring. This shows that the effect of RFR can pass from one generation to another.

Persson et al. [1997] reported an increase in permeability of the blood-brain barrier in mice when the energy deposited in the body exceeded 1.5 J/kg (joule per kilogram) -- a measurement of the total amount of energy deposited. This suggests that a short-term/high intensity exposure can produce the same effect as a long-term/low intensity exposure. This is another indication that RFR effects can accumulate over time.

There is some indication that an animal becomes more sensitive to the radiation after long-term exposure. Let us consider two of the critical experiments that contributed to the present U.S. RFR-exposure standards -- the "Behavior-Disruption Experiments" carried out in the 1980s:

In the first experiment, de Lorge and Ezell [1980] trained rats on an "auditory observing-response task". In the task, an animal was presented with two bars. Pressing the right bar would produce either a low-pitch or a high-pitch tone for half a second. The low-pitch tone signaled an "unrewarded" situation and the animal was expected to do nothing. However, when the high-pitch tone was on, pressing the left bar would produce a food reward.

Thus, the task required continuous vigilance in which an animal had to coordinate its motor responses according to the stimulus presented in order to get a reward by choosing between a high pitch or low pitch tone. After learning the task, rats were then irradiated with 1280-MHz or 5620-MHz RFR during performance. Disruption of behavior (i.e., the rats couldn't perform very well) was observed at a SAR of 3.75 W/kg for 1280-MHz and 4.9 W/kg for 5620-MHz. Disruption occurred within 30-60 minutes of exposure.

-ChriS

[edit on 20-6-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Okay just wanted to add that I do not use a cell phone and I always hear it!
My house phone is really never used much at all!

So, would it be coming from someone using one nearby, or maybe from something else in my house?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Mobile phone.

It isn't the mobile operator that is the cause so much as the operating frequency of the handset. It can also occur if you're near a mast.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I've also caught a very similar sound on my camera while video taping one of the local pd helicopters flying over my head. I'm trying to find the vid so you guys can hear it. It's slightly different but super loud. I also here this all over to, on my computer speaker, guitar amps, my PA system, on the phone..it's actually pretty damn annoying.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I just got that sound too, first time I've ever heard it on here. Maybe related, maybe not, but we've also been experiencing a lot of interference in our tv screen whenever we try to play our PS3. My hubby has been going crazy trying different cable configurations (we have 3 systems hooked up) and so far nothing changes it. Anyone else had this problem? It was working fine until just very recently.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You guys are so stupid. Don't you know that is the federal government is testing their wire tapping technology. I have heard that sound lots of times and I was no where near a cell phone. It happens on my car speakers, home stereo speakers, television speakers, and computer speakers. Our government is so scarred of what we know about their corruption that they have to spy on us. So much for freedom and privacy. WAKE UP AMERICA!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

OH MY GOD! What am I doing my brain when i'm on the phone for half an hour? That's scary

EDIT - I've been looking at this on youtube, can anyone confirm if it is real or not? Some say it is viral advertising, some say fake, others say it's real... i'd try it but I haven't got any corn! Maybe this deserves another thread?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by fiftyfifty]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join