It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged 9/11 Mastermind Seeks Death Penalty, Martyrdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Alleged 9/11 Mastermind Seeks Death Penalty, Martyrdom

www.washingtonpost.com

GUANTANAMO BAY, Cuba, June 5 -- Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the self-proclaimed mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, calmly told a U.S. military court Thursday that he wishes for a death sentence so that he can become "a martyr."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think he is cold blooded we got the guy who mastermind it but those guys who were behind it still out out reach

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-6-2008 by 123space]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I saw about this on FAUX this morning. I think this guy is being severely mistreated, and NOT being well-represented by trial. He asked to represent himself.

I would not doubt if this has all been spun and lied about. No offense.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

WoW.

You support him? He requested to represent himself...he has that right.

I say you give him what he wants

The Death Penalty
by way of rotting in a jail cell of total confinment for the next 40 years.

He wants to be a martyr, don't grant him that wish.

His movement will be long gone before he dies, if we just jail him for the rest of his natural life.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!!

BIN LADEN WAS THE ONE BEHIND 9/11..

When will these people get this fact......... I mean lies straight.... its hard to keep up.. really..

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Can you count? 1 Bin Laden. 4 hijacked planes. Is Al Qaeda one man or one organization?

Who else besides Bin Laden are on the FBI's terrorists wanted poster.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

you wait a minute

Bin Laden is behind 9/11

this Khalid Sheik Mohammed guy was the mastermind

Its like hiring a hitman to kill your spouse.
Just because the hitman pulled the trigger, doesnt eliminate you from responsibility.
Khalid Sheik Mohammed pulled the trigger, Obama gave him the gun

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by QBert

He is??? can you prove that?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You're right, i cannot provide you with a tape recording of Bin Laden admitting fault...i left it in my other pants.

I also cannot prove to you that Jimmy Hoffa was murdered
I can't prove that Hitler died on the battlefield
I can't prove that Omelia Airheart isnt still alive
I can't prove that Billie the Kid didnt die in his home under an alias

I can't prove that 9/11 was not carried out, in a solo "mission impossible" style event by George W. Bush himself.

There is a war and peace BOOK of things that cannot be 'proven'

You know what i can prove?
You are born. You die.

Thats it. Everything else is subject to scrutiny and submissive to common belief.

I can tell you that i know Osama Bin Laden hates this country and everyone in it. I can tell you that the man in trial right now is a subordinate to Osama Bin Laden.

But since we're playing the 'nag' game

Can you prove that Osama wasnt responsible?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Bin laden has been dead for like 5 years...the first video was a fake,everything after just old material...do you really think some guy running about with a dailysis machine,and according to a french agent suffering from MC survived?....
plus i want to know twhat the pakistani Intel officer knew...> Any thoughts on that?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Prove that Osama is dead.
Dont you think that Martyrdom would greater server the terrorist ideals if they could use "osama's" death in a good way?

If he was dead, they'd find a way to twist it so that it angered their followers, like saying an American killed Osama Bin Laden.

It would qualm the American people, and leave zero reason for us to stay there, and it would strengthen the terrorists.

So no, Osama is still alive. If he were dead, the world would know about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBert
Prove that Osama is dead.
Dont you think that Martyrdom would greater server the terrorist ideals if they could use "osama's" death in a good way?

If he was dead, they'd find a way to twist it so that it angered their followers, like saying an American killed Osama Bin Laden.

It would qualm the American people, and leave zero reason for us to stay there, and it would strengthen the terrorists.

So no, Osama is still alive. If he were dead, the world would know about it.

Lol Osama is dead...and has been for a long time...hate figures are good....dont believe me?..well,thats not my problem.Go find osama (tip) look 6 feet under

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, alright then.

I give you reasons why i believe he's not dead, and you respond like that? LOL

Nice contribution.

Both sides of this conflict would benefit from Osama Bin Ladens death. The only one's who'd loose anything is the U.S. govt, because we'd HAVE to stop the "war" immediately.

So now i suppose you'll respond and say "wellll YEAH thats why they havent let stories leak about it"

Please, in an internet age, and a country like this - nothing is able to not be 'leaked'
Why would Al Qaeda want to hdie the fact that Osama is dead? It would only benefit them.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hey i dont tell you what to believe,thats for you to make that decision,Osama *has* been dead since at the latest 2003 though...but hey im not saying you have to believe me!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123space

GUANTANAMO BAY, Cuba, June 5 -- Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the self-proclaimed mastermind of the Sept. 11, 2001,

the report is accurate.... Khalid Sheikh Mohammed
self-proclaimed mastermind....

i'v always disputed his claim of brainstorming, masterminding the chance-in-a-million undertaking...
once he was captured, he admitted to every terror act he could think of...

and the reported red-haired CIA female agent might have been the
final humiliation for breaking KSM, and not just the psychological torture nor the degrading situation of being strapped to a 'water-boarding' device...

[edit on 5-6-2008 by St Udio]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If an american was treated like that there would be screams for someones head, however back to the topic, if he admitted it and there is proof he did it then why the trial? take him out and shoot him right now, and stop wasting time, It benefits both sides to have Osama still alive, because the Bush admin hasn't finished what it set out to do, and IMO its about something hidden somewhere in the middle east, something which to the Bush admin is worth thousands of American lives.

new topics

top topics

join