It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. Police to Check Drivers In Violence-Plagued Trinidad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   

D.C. Police to Check Drivers In Violence-Plagued Trinidad

www.washingtonpost.com

D.C. Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier announced a military-style checkpoint yesterday to stop cars this weekend in a Northeast Washington neighborhood inundated by gun violence, saying it will help keep criminals out of the area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
How many of you would be screaming \"NWO\" or \"See what George Bush and his hate mongering right wing, war loving, freedom taking, civil rights bashing Neo-cons are doing?\"

This is a Liberal Police Chief and Liberal Mayor putting up a check point asking for I.D. in a LIBERAL city.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yes, I see the difference. They are liberals trying to limit gang violence by infringing on our rights for 5 days, and if it was the hate mongering right wing, war loving, freedom taking, civil rights bashing Neo-cons, we'd be stripped of all rights permanently..

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The 5th Police District, which includes Trinidad, has had 22 killings this year

Is this not a reason to establish a temporary extraordinary measure to limit violence in the immediate area of Trinidad?

After all, it's NOT the entire city. Also, D.C. is not even a state, so I'm not sure how their 'rights' are defined outside the current federal constitution, which is hamstrung more and more each day.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Regardless of which side is doing it, it is a precursor, an omen, a sign of things to come. It may not be a violation of rights, but it is controlling the movement of the citizenry-for whatever reason.

I, for one, hope that it has no impact upon the crime levels. If it does, then the precedent will be set and the stage will be made ready for more and more of these types of "exercises" and they will be made commonplace.

Yes folks, Martial Law is being practiced, rehearsed and made ready. Just another piece of the puzzle.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
i felt this is rather ominous myself
it will happen people will be accepting and it will grow to other cities...and then towns, and then elsewhere if we do not take care...
of ocurse 22 killings this year so far- wow from one neighboor hood!?
but with neighbors like those who needs right wing hate mongers right?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kelbtalfenek
Regardless of which side is doing it, it is a precursor, an omen, a sign of things to come. It may not be a violation of rights, but it is controlling the movement of the citizenry-for whatever reason.

I, for one, hope that it has no impact upon the crime levels. If it does, then the precedent will be set and the stage will be made ready for more and more of these types of "exercises" and they will be made commonplace.

Yes folks, Martial Law is being practiced, rehearsed and made ready. Just another piece of the puzzle.

I agree that the 'precedent' setting aspect of this is troubling. I feel for the local community that has been dealing with the violence, but I would hate to think this could be employed as a 'model' for dealing with crime in our nations cities.

top topics

join