It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA: Hypocritical organization gets caught out there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
PETA Killed 97 Percent of 'Companion Animals' in 2006

(grabbed from online sources)

Finally, the squeeky-clean crypto-fascists 'club' masquerading as heros for our furry little friends gets some REAL exposure...as HYPOCRITES!

No one on Gods green earth loves animals more than I, but these people are complete creeps that have duped the public time and again with their Bullpoo causes..absolute hypocritical nonsense, campaigns led by barely literate champions of celebrity/sobriety....anyway it is a true PLEASURE to bring you the following: (God i hate these people...so full of poo .)

WASHINGTON-- An official report from People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), submitted nine months after a Virginia government agency's deadline, shows that the animal rights group put to death more than 97 percent of the dogs, cats, and other pets it took in for adoption in 2006. During that year, the well-known animal rights group managed to find adoptive homes for just 12 pets. The nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) is calling on PETA to either end its hypocritical angel-of-death program, or stop its senseless condemnation of Americans who believe it's perfectly ethical to use animals for food, clothing, and critical medical research.

Not counting animals PETA held only temporarily in its spay-neuter program, the organization took in 3,061 "companion animals" in 2006, of which it killed 2,981. According to Virginia's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (VDACS), the average euthanasia rate for humane societies in the state was just 34.7 percent in 2006. PETA killed 97.4 percent of the animals it took in. The organization filed its 2006 report this month, nine months after the VDACS deadline of March 31, 2007.
petrelocation.blogspot.com...

www.PetaKillsAnimals.com....

LOL i love it...ahhhhhhhh

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Ya know

my wife and i had a ru-in with a person who said they were with PETA (though...never verified...if thats even possible?)

PETA tells you to do this and do that and do this for your dog
*like what dog food you are 'supposed' to use*
how much exercise every day
how big a dog can be for the area you live in
how many vet visits a year, etc

We adopted a dog from the humane society - a VERY smart Austrailian Cattle Dog. We named him Jake.

Jake had a problem
and Jakes problem was his weight. he was a little chunky

But - hey, that doesnt mean people abused him with neglect and ill-intent.

Anyways - my wife and i were walking Jake when we caught the riot act from this snotty "peta" lady about how we're criminals for letting our dog get fat.

This woman followed us home, and stood outside my house writing down my address!!!! Well i called the police (lota good that did..)

Point is
For a PETA member, it seems (after comparing to your article) that living with a loving family and having a few extra pounds, is much much worse than being in a PETA death camp where your mortaility rate is less than 5%.

Thank you for the post, it really made my evening.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
S & F

I can't stand PETA and their attitude. Nice for the world to finally see their true colours in a form that can be shown to everyone.

I'm impressed their figures tally nicely with the public documents they recovered. From the evidence provided it is true.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am actually not suprised.

... well the numbers are staggering but the fact that they killed animals was not suprising.

here is me trying to understand the logic peta uses.

I am being held captive by beings that are stronger and smarter than me.

The feed me well and pet me often.

I cant go outside without a leash maybe for my own safety.

I get to play.

I would not be able to survive in the wild without my captors protection and provisions.

I feel a genuine love for and from my captors.

Maybe I should be destroyed because I cant live in the wild...

If it was me and I had the choice I would probably want to keep on living. I have two cats. Their names are Dane and Cosmo. If they could speak I am pretty sure there are two words that would not come from their mouths, "kill me".
Dane was given to the humane society because the people were allergic to cats.
Cosmo was found in an abandoned house.
I adopted both of these animals and saved them from death. I feel like peta never gave the other Danes and Cosmos a chance. its sad. well i am going to go be a little girl somewhere else. then i will play with my cats and reflect on the fact that the people for the ethical treatment of animals want Dane and Cosmo dead.

I of course will share this information with Dane and Cosmo so that they can be better prepared to fend of Cat burglars. lol. weak

H.P

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I've had arguments with people about this. Their rebuttal is generally something along the lines of "how hard it is" to find homes for animals.

Well sure, that's true, but 12/3000 is a disgustingly low margin. With a $30 million reserve to tap into, you'd think they could find somewhere to put more than 12 animals.

top topics

join