It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reposting threads? Suggestion =D.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Few ideas
As you may know that I know that you know that we all know that sometimes threads get reposted. I think that there is nothing wrong with doing that because the purpose of this forum is to keep people involved with the all the news and not missing something just because someone wants full credit.

If reposts are with a reasonably short time of each other then yah they should be removed. But if the threads are longer apart and one is removed then many people could have missed the information. We should have some sort of a mechanism to either allow specific thread reposts or bump important older topics so that everyone can be aware of the information.

I've also noticed a problem with unanswered threads which are rather interesting. When I see those threads I always give a reply. In another forum which I often go to, new threads are bumped to the top until it is answered, so maybe that could work herei as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
If reposts are with a reasonably short time of each other then yah they should be removed. But if the threads are longer apart and one is removed then many people could have missed the information.

My only problem with your suggestion is time. Specifically what is a "reasonable" amount of time? 3 weeks? 6 months? Where is the dividing line?

By the way, I like your posting a reply to threads that have had no replys. It sorta gives threads a "second chance".

join