It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was able to control electricity the other day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
My science class was doing experiments with electricity, and we were looking at the pattern of voltage = resistance.

While measuring the amperage of one of the bulbs, It stayed at a steady .47 amps. After awhile of doing this, I decided to see if I had 'electrokinesis', and apparently, I have it slightly. I concentrated on the value of the amps getting higher, and it started to rise. I'm not sure what it got to, but it got so high, the bulb burst. The whole class was puzzled.

Not alot of documentation, but something cool I thought I'd share.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hexidecimal

Did you try this experiment again to see if you could repeat what you said you did by bursting the light bulb? What was the wattage of the light and did you actually increase the amperage like you said you did or did you mentally break the glass of the bulb without raising the amperage? I hope you are not pulling our leg. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
We were using a multimeter to check the ampage, and when I was concentrating on raising the electricity, the amps went up. So I didnt mentally break the glass, it must've been the electricity. I haven't tried repeating it, but I will as soon as I get a multimeter, and all the other tools. I'm unsure to what the wattage was, but I'll ask my science teacher tomorrow afternoon when I see him.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Please record this aswell in the interest of fairness.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
If I can re-create it I will.

I don't want to look like a complete douchebag on camera.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Hello and interesting post

I don't doubt that something happened, for instance as temperature increases or decreases resistance in certain materials change (principle behind thermo couples) , as well as line voltage, if there were no voltage regulators, could cause current to change (ohm's law is I=V/R where I is Current, V is volts and R of course is resistance, therefore if Voltage increased so would current, if the resistance decreased, current therefore would increase due to the inverse relationship).

Now, the bulb exploded ... that happens in disney movies, but not in real life and certainly not with todays LED's or small voltage incandescent bulbs. Why? Well in your home when a bulb burns out, does it explode? no. The filament simply burns out or "opens" resulting in an open circuit. Same with LED's kind of, but that's a whole nother solid state electronics discussion of PNP, NP, PN junctions etc.

So, like I say always, show me facts and data, a video of the bulb exploding would be nice. I say hoax or embellishment in my opinion.

Thanks for posting

new topics

top topics

join