It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama praised Wright, criticized black churches on homosexuality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Obama praised Wright, criticized black churches on homosexuality

www.cnsnews.com

(CNSNews.com) - In an Apr. 10 interview with The Advocate magazine, Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) said "homophobic" messages are coming from the pulpits of black churches because "most African-American churches are still fairly traditional in their interpretations of Scripture." In the same interview, Obama praised the controversial Rev. Jeremiah Wright, his former pastor and long-time spiritual adviser, for being on the right side of the homosexual debate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
God damn America = Good
Homosexuallity = Bad

Hmm, it seems to me Obama is in for a whole loot of trouble with this one in a society where gays are more accepted than ever.

www.cnsnews.com

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I recently read what the OP posted.

I find it a bit odd (the info, not the OP
), considering that Rev. Meeks is a huge homophobe and is also a close friend/mentor of Obama's.

Info on Meeks on this thread

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quarantine

God damn America = Good
Homosexuallity = Bad

Hmm, it seems to me Obama is in for a whole loot of trouble with this one in a society where gays are more accepted than ever.

www.cnsnews.com

Ummm.. Not to call you out or anything, but you completely misinterpreted the article.

Obama is supporting gay rights, and praising reverend Wright for supporting gay rights.

"I mean, ironically, my biggest ... the biggest political news surrounding me over the last three weeks has been Reverend Wright, who offended a whole huge constituency with some of his statements but has been very good on gay and lesbian issues," Obama said. "I mean he's one of the leaders in the African-American community of embracing, speaking out against homophobia, and talking about the importance of AIDS."

I think you should read the articles you post about before jumping to conclusions. Especially wrong ones.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
drwizardphd hit it right on the nose. If Wright is the only thing that the republicans can throw at Obama then it is going to be a long campaign for them.

McCain has had it easy for the last few months and has really not had to contend with anything. He is going to start having to answer some serious questions as to why he is so close to Bush on so many issues.

ISSUES after all should be the thing that counts, not this petty dribble about who Obama's reverend was and what a 10 second sound byte meant.

top topics

join