It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are alien movies secret warnings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this for a while now. Although I have no material to back it up and i'm not even claiming it's real. But whenever I see a movie about alien life forms. I think to myself "could this be a very loose warning?"

The reason why i'm thinking this is because of a couple reasons.

1. All governments often try to hide the existence possibly plots of other life froms.

2. The entertainment industry would be very good way to launch a warning, or just information in a way where the government wouldn't smash it out.

3. People might actually be prepared for things if in fact a alien life forms comes with any intentions good, or bad.

Now I know that this might seem crazy, but when you think about it it sort of make sense. Maybe all these "crazy" alien movies we watch. do, in fact posess some sort of truth behind them. I have been reading alot about the UFO theorys and they do share alot of similar traits as hollywood UFO movies.

This thought I have could go a couple way though. Maybe someone knows something and they are trying to get the truth out there the only way they can. UFO films could be warning on plots and actions a alien race may in fact be planning to do. And another way it could be happenig is. Alien races may be "implanting" information in movies to get us familiar with their images and vessels.

I'm not stating that a little alien man is flying around handing out scripts to directors. I'm just saying that perhaps that all the alien movies do posess some degree of truth both visually and factually. Tell me what do you think?

[edit on 3-6-2008 by USMC-oorah]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I have absolutely no references for this, but I'm sure I heard rumours that Steven Spielberg was given access to inside info when he was making Close Encounters.

I don't think it's crazy at all. If you want to condition the public to feel a certain way about aliens & UFOs, then there's really no other way to do it without directly addressing (and therefore acknowledging) the subject.

I don't believe that all alien movies are laced with secret messages & agendas, but I'm certain that some are.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Good topic
It's not just the Movies look at all the PC and console Games and Cable TV Shows like Star Trek, Battlestar Galatica etc I was thinking along those same lines that we are being conditioned good/bad or in deferent to the fact that there's good guys and bad guys up in space and it seems that the underlying theme is that " Tech " and some sort of United Confederacy will save the day

[edit on 3-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

i did hear the same thing.when president ragen saw the film he said "people dont know how close to the truth this is" i dont have any info on this,this is just what i read a long time ago.i do feel that with the x-files,alien films/mags ect....
it is controled media to cusion the inpact of when they tell us alien are real.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
reply to post by TheStev

i did hear the same thing.when president ragen saw the film he said "people dont know how close to the truth this is" i dont have any info on this,this is just what i read a long time ago.i do feel that with the x-files,alien films/mags ect....
it is controled media to cusion the inpact of when they tell us alien are real.

What film did he watch?
On another note, how would you feel if you were a friendly alien trying to visit earth and when you arrive, the whole world has been brainwashed into thinking you are here to kill them?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Hello

Now i dont believe that the sci-fi movies, tv's and books are working towards a disclosure, it is working for something but not that.
It's more like "You have been watching too many sci-fi shows again" reaction i believe.

I'm all for a disclosure of this topic, the truth about it and such....
But what will the cost be?
Many times the truth is more painfull than a lie....

There are alot of things to consider when it comes to an disclosure, not everyone will be ready for it, we as a species are probably too imature to handle it, meeting another species that can travell between the stars, would make us look like "children", and perhaps that is how we would be treated.

Oops, just got a bit off-topic sorry

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Balez

LOL I'm glad you said that about us being children meeting an advanced race and how we can't handle the truth.

Bare with me here

There is another thread about this tribe of undiscovered Indians in south America and we should leave them alone it would destroy them and they have not changed in thousand of years yada yada yada Blah Blah etc

Every primitive culture in human history has either been wiped out or never really recovers when it met a more advanced culture so by this if the world as a whole met these Aliens that were more advanced than us, then we could theoretically fall into anarchy throw everything we believe in out the window!

in that scenario we are the primitive culture that would be wiped or never recover.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Have you noticed that in scifi lately there have been very few aliens? Especially on tv.

Battlestar Galactica - it's all humans and their robotic creations. Firefly - all humans. Heroes - superhumans. Kyle XY - humans. Eureka - Humans. Even the new version of Andromeda Strain upped the role of humans in it.

The top 10 movies in 2007 only had one movie with aliens in it - Transformers and those were all robots. In 2006 also only one movie with an alien and that was Superman himself.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This reminds me of Stargate SG-1 and the episode Wormhole Extreme. An alien living on earth, Marty, had come up with an idea for a t.v show that was loosely based on what had been going on at Stargate Command. He didn't know that the idea he had come up with, was actually based in fact. But the air force let him go through with his show. And I think it was of the main characters, Daniel, who asked why the air force would let classified information about the Stargate be allowed to air in a t.v show. The General in charge of Stargate Command, General Hammond, said that it was for plausible deniability. In case any of the classified information did get leaked out, they could point to that show and say whoever leaked had been watching too much t.v.

My point is, maybe that's what actually goes on in real life? Who really knows?

top topics

join