It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers Explain New Double Star In Western Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I will be looking forward to looing at this. I just hope I can see it well enough from where I am. Hopefully there will be some goods pics coming.
It will be cool to show my boy both planets at one time.

Astronomers say that this July planetary orbits have lined up so that people on Earth can see a rare convergence of Venus and Saturn in the night sky. Just after sunset they will appear in the west, looking like a double star, with Venus appearing much brighter. The two planets are actually hundreds of millions of miles apart, but during July they will appear to be very close from our vantage point on Earth.

"We don't often see things that bright in the sky, that close together. And the funny thing is that in this day and age, we aren't used to looking at the night sky and these things strike us as odd." Through a telescope, Venus will look like tiny a crescent moon and Saturn -- 850-million miles farther away -- will be surrounded by its famous rings.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Flagged !

I hope this stops any hysteria from breaking out on the boards in july time.

My scopes are ready for this amazing event.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

I hope this stops any hysteria from breaking out on the boards in july time.

I never thought of that! Maybe this whole story is just a cover ‘coz they know Nibiru will poke it head out from behind the sun on that day.

I really doubt it will put a stop to it but if you see them start before I do feel free to direct them to the link.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Don't you worry i will...

Unless it happens mid june and then its the Lucifer project and im heading for the hills and my cave.

However, if i see in my scope two nice planets all shiny and great, ill post.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Hi VIKINGANT and thanks for posting this. Could you post a link to your source? I'm having trouble finding any additional info on this. This link states that the two will be sparated by only .2 degrees, however, they show this as occuring on August 13, so I'm just curious and wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.

Thanks for the find.

Rush

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Sorry. Thats not like me...
[url=http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2007/0712-finding_double_stars.htm]Here 'tis[url]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the link VIKINGANT. This will be a stunning sight.

Rush

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Wasn't that article published in July 2007 ? I don't think that it applies for 2008.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I am having a great run lately….
Looks like I grabbed the wrong one. I will have to dig around again and find the story again. There was a story applicable for this year.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
No worries VIKING, I looked at the article and I didn't even notice. What a week!

Rush

new topics

top topics

join