It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC interview with Jeff Peckman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This video is an interview with Jeff Peckman and NBC. It shows a still shot of the video and Jeff Peckman explains about the encounter. Jeff Peckman I think is really just trying to get disclosure for the general public.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi eric52081 and thanks for posting that link. It was a good interview and I agree that Mr. Peckman seems sincere. I've been following this story, I'm slightly skeptical about this whole thing, but it sure seems like a bunch of trouble to go through for a hoax.

Rush

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

It's really this simple:

If he was interested in "disclosure" he would just release the 'evidence'. If it was about the evidence, it would be about the evidence. Instead this little propaganda stunt is about Mr. Peckman and money.

To me, what's sad is the amount of attention this is receiving and the lengths some will go to cut this guy some undeserving slack. I want to believe. I want it to be real.

Bottom line: this guy wants someone to pay him a bunch of money before he is going to 'share' this 'evidence' with the rest of the world. Don't be fooled with the "legitimate research' claim. That's bogus and total BS. Find someone like Stanton Friedman and just give him everything you’ve got. Peckman, basically, is saying he cant release the video to the public because it wont be studied properly unless he is paid beforehand so he can ‘decide’ which ‘respectable’ organization he will give it to?

Or is it more likely he is looking to create a bidding war and the “evidence” will go to the highest bidder?

This scam follows the scam/hoax model we see on so-called disclosure here, on these very forums. That is; make huge promises, give everyone a taste of what you claim to have (with no other evidence what-so-ever), string people out for as long as possible, make guest appearances on shows like Coast to Coast, ride the gravy train for as long as possible then..........make even bigger claims to get yourself back into the spot light.

If it walks, talks and acts like a duck....guess what?

Shame on you MUFON, shame on you. Spare me the apologies on CTC, you’re in on this sham.

The unfortunate consequences: this clown has made the footage – because of his actions alone – secondary to his personal interests, motivations, history and background. If there is anything questionable in Peckman’s background it will forever sink this ‘evidence’. Before you say that shouldn’t matter: yes it should. When you conduct yourself this way, concerning (IMO) one of the most important facets of our human existence, it is entirely reasonable to question motives.

Remember, this guy decided to shop this video around for money. He started this circus with amazing claims, a press conference (shame on you MUFON!!!) and continued pleas for ‘funding’.

Don't let our desire for real disclosure taint our, the collective body of ATS, ability to see and understand what this is.

EDIT: Peckman is not the guy who filmed the "ET", mearly the (apparent) spokesperson.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

I agree with you. I think it is a stunt, a way to generate interest in the upcoming documentary. The only thing that is curious in this is Stan Romanek has a lot more pictures of UFO's and Shadow People on his web-site

Here are a few;
Scroll down to see

Stan

and a whole slew of stuff here;

So I don't know what to make of all of this, on the one hand his recent claim is very suspicious (Aliens Peeping and so forth), but he seems to have gathered and documented a large amount of interesting pictures and strange events.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by talisman]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

This Stan guy is hardly a "skeptic" as reported by Peckman. What a sham!!!

His web site is full of 'orbs' and other nonsense he is claiming to be UFOs. I have to give him some credit, however. Some of his pictures are quite interesting. Others (one notable: raindrops reflecting the flash of his camera being described as “:UFOs”) are laughable.

What I find suspicious is the shear volume of interaction this guy claims. Does anyone else find themselves ‘surprised’ that this character is involved in what was sold as definitive evidence of ETs? If his experiences were so profound, why the need for super-stealth, secret squirrel video camera nonsense? Wouldn’t almost any laymen be able to capture what he claims to capture on film? Why does all of his photographic evidence come from him, and not some outside observer? If his claims of interaction were at all what he says, wouldn’t the smoking-gun proof be…..well……proof?

In the absence of any actual proof: this guy is a sad attention-seeker. Apparently he has been making claims about ET for some time. He is not the ‘skeptic’ his spokespeople are trying to sell the media. You’ll notice that as time goes on, his claims become grander and grander. Is it really a stretch to consider the possibility that this is nothing more than the evolution of claims made by someone desperately seeking attention?

Important to note: when the MUFON hack came on CTC a couple of days ago he let the cat out of the bag: there is no documentary in the works. This media blitz is an effort to find a buyer.

Also, I reference some information taken from the MUFON CTC interview in my previous post. That is, some of what I am talking about came from outside the scope of what you presented.

Just for clarification.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
If there is no documentary in the works and he is lying then all he is doing is hurting our cause. He is the reason we are laughed at by the mainstream media and public. If this is false information this will be the last time anybody ever trusts his information period.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

I concur.

How fortunate can one person be to catch all these "out theres" on camera and video? I ain't saying he did not really catch all these but how does one man get so lucky all the time? I have literally taken thousands upon 1000's of photos and videos by feeling or seeing something, and out of all that i have 2 photo's for my own proof and they are from the same object that was there before i grabbed my cell!

All of us serious ATS'ers have their camera's on hand almost 24/7, we go out and make this a 2nd job or main job and we just do not get this lucky

Stan Romanek could be an "attraction" to such things, yes, but all these previous cases of UFO and paranormal issues will hurt the credibility on what Peckman is on about. Fact.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have my doubts as well. This looks too good to be true as they say, especially with the footage being under wraps because he is probably after a fast buck or three!!

But consider this....what if this is a staged event to raise awareness before the real deal? A kind of stepping stone to the full monty?

top topics

join