It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not use money to save man-kind by investing it in...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
ok so at my school we are doing a relay for life thing june 3rd (which i am not apart of). In this students make teams of 10 and each person pays 10$ to join a team and must raise $100 adding up to $1100 a team. Currently i believe there are 5 teams so about $5500 all for the cause of cancer. I believe that cancer is totally curable through natural methods so i see this as a huge waste of time, effort and money (even when people ask me why im not participating i tell them "im not into that stuff, but i think its great you want to put thousands of dollars into the pockets of the richest people in the world)

so my alternative is that we spend the money on something different that is becoming a huge problem.

my proposal is investment for research into more effective, cheaper, Desalinization methods.

i mean we have whole oceans full of water, we should use it, especially with the posters on our lowering water supplies.

i have many ideas on how money should be spent as opposed to giving it to the worlds elite but id like to hear some other people's perspectives so...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
You have the cure for cancer? All natural? can you share what the natural cure is?

I don't think raising money for cancer is giving to the worlds elite. I believe most people who do this are doing it voluntarily.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
huh this thread isnt about cure for cancer

but i would point you in the direction of CORAL CALCIUM

and if you have stomach cancer eat LOTS of garlic and onions

Disclaimer: the author of this post is not a licensed professional in the area of medical care and the above writing is his opinion and not in any way to be used as professional medical advice.

lol i dont want to get sued by the FDA

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
yeah. just let anyone die out.. how stupid and greedy and heartless. Youve obviously never been affected by the long term suffering most people with cancer endure. Spending what little money is raised for it on oceans or other ideas is nuts.. Why dont we just invent flying cars so we dont have to pay taxes on roads?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My personal opinion, is that the Cure for Cancer has already been found, That some poor Scientist, already found the cure, and was paid off.

In terms of other ways to spend Donated Money, My opinion, is that Clean Water, would be be up somewhere near the top. Along with Food & Clothing and Education etc...for Third World Countries, that can't recover by themselves. Starving Children who are dying every second. These are things that we can stop.

But, unfortunately, not everyone has the same agenda when it comes to money. We have the technology to help them, so why don't we? People are selfish.

As of January 1, 2006, Alberta's population was estimated at nearly 3,306,400.

www.statcan.ca...

If my whole Province donated 2 dollars, that would be 6.6 million. For the price of a Coffee, we could make a Difference.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
the thing is people dont want to make a difference,

they want to follow a crowd like sheep and get rewarded for it by the government

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
There are different types of cancers, so how is cancer curable? Dont waste your money on a cure, hell spend your money on giving terminally ill ppl a speedy humaine death if they want it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
yeah. just let anyone die out.. how stupid and greedy and heartless. Youve obviously never been affected by the long term suffering most people with cancer endure. Spending what little money is raised for it on oceans or other ideas is nuts.. Why dont we just invent flying cars so we dont have to pay taxes on roads?

i have family members who are dying of cancer right now, they're just to old fashioned to try natural methods, which there do have but are being suppressed, like the ones i stated above

also that flying car idea is a little cliche i was looking for some original thoughts

top topics

join