It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A testable hypothesis for the existence of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As has already been posted here, the Vatican astronomer recently released a statement saying that they could not exclude the possibility that life started somewhere else in the universe. There was a lot of talk about why they would do this. Could they be preparing us for some disclosure about aliens? Who knows. What they did do though, is open up the possibility of testing out the God Hypothesis.

First, the Bible has many passages which can be interpreted to read that the Earth is special, God created it specifically for us, and it is the only place he created life. There is no other place mentioned in the Bible where it mentions him creating life elsewhere.

So, our first testable hypothesis would be the search for life elsewhere in the universe.

One might argue that just because the Bible doesn't mention God creating life somewhere else in the Universe doesn't mean he didn't do exactly that.

Which would then lead to our testable hypothesis #2. If there is intelligent extraterrestial life out there, then they should also have knowledge of God. They should have been visited at some point to spread the Word and to save them from sin when it entered the world.

Now, these two hypothesis should lead all the Creationists out there to really get behind science and support it monetarily. For, if what you believe is really the truth, then searching for life outside the Earth could be your ultimate proof. In fact, try passing around a 2nd collection plate at church next week explaining how donating money to SETI may in fact help prove that God exists. Unless, of course, you aren't all that confident in your beliefs and would rather not know if we are alone or not.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Life most definetly could be elsewhere,I believe. That would be the work of Satan.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
To me it seems like the Vatican is finally catching up; there probably has been life on Mars, a very close planet, and we're about to be sure about that (the Mars lander has found something that might be ice) - there's really no denying the possibility of other life in the universe now. So before people can start questioning the Vatican ('but we were never told this, what else dont we know?' and such), they cover theirselves.

Well, that might just be my paranoid opinion
but in any case, I really like your hypothesis! As you might've guessed, I'm not a religious person, but I feel like religious persons might like this as well. Finally, a subordinate goal!

At least when not everyone thinks Satan is behind other life.. really can't reply to that

new topics

join