It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McClellan Pressed on Book Profits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

McClellan Pressed on Book Profits

washingtontimes.com

The liberal anti-war group MoveOn.org yesterday launched a petition drive calling on former White House official Scott McClellan to donate the proceeds of his book to veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The petition drive, intended to create pressure for Mr. McClellan to be asked about it on the morning news-interview shows today, is the latest signal of a backlash by Democrats and Republicans alike against the former press secretary who turned against his ex-boss, President Bush.

MoveOn's petition e-mail, sent out to its supporters yesterday morning, said that Mr. McClellan's "coming clean is admirable."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Though I understand the knee jerk reasoning for this call I must say this. I DISAGREE WHOLEHEARTEDLY. Why?

WE NEED WHISTLEBLOWERS! We don't need people to think that once they destroy any chance they will have at maintaining a decent political career that they will also have no chance at making any money from their info. Let's face it folks, it IS about money when we come down to it. People will not give things up for free.

Yes, this will create a situation where some may try to sell bad info. What's new about that? As long as these people can bring facts to the table and back them up then we MUST NOT punish them in the pocketbooks. I suggest that Moveon.org backs down from this request. They are only hurting themselves and their mission.

washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

I would like more of a middle ground approach. If he is genuinely trying to come clean, then I think he should make a gesture and give at least a portion of the proceeds to the families. After all, if he is doing this because he really does feel bad about what he did, then it shouldn't be a problem. If he is only doing this to make a buck, then he is using the death of innocent people to further his agenda... again, which in my opinion is despicable.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree fully. I must have missed that point. It was one I was going to make. It was what I had suggested to moveon.org. I told them that they should change their stance from everything to a portion that is reasonable.

Do I think this guy was truly clueless as to what he was doing? No. He is a smart man and he knew what BS was being played on him. I really believe that he was esctatic with being in Bush's 'inner circle' and that he truly does like and respect Bush. I feel that he thinks Bush has been manipulated by his administration.

Well, I personally don't give a damn about that now. Bush knows what he has done and he knows full well what information he had to go on. Yet he presses the point.

Anyway, I agree with what you are saying.

top topics

join