It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close encounters of the fourth kind - what's your take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I recently finished "Close encounters of the fourth kind" by C.D.B Bryan. It is based on the 1992 MIT alien abduction conference. It is the first piece of abduction literature I have read, and I am eager to know what you guys think of it.

As expected, some parts were a bit hard to stomach. Naked aliens in cowboy hats being one. Although first hand experience with abductees is considered of paramount importance, I don't have that luxury. I can only mull over what is presented in this book, and sometimes found myself wondering whether some of these abduction stories were in fact dreams of some kind.

The cases with at least one witness to the event tend to interest me much more. Kids going missing for periods of time is mentioned by the author, but that's about it.

The case of the lady that was floated through her apartment into a UFO blew my mind. Surely something like that (with witnesses to the event) would receive far more attention. Does anyone know if there was any follow up investigation to this event, or any of the cases presented?

What became of the abductees I wonder?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
ok...no replies.

Should I assume not many have read the book?

This book was written for a conference that took place back in 1992. Even back then, the abductees were saying that they felt like they were 'part of something big', and that 'something important would happen soon'. This was 16 years ago.

If no-one has read this one, then what have you guys been reading?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I just saw the trailer and all I can say it's in horror style and I don't like that
fear fear fear....

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bagel

You should find this interesting:

Alien Abductions: The Real Deal?

Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bartolas

Did you read the OP? They are talking about a book they read not a movie they saw.

OP I have not read this book, I will have to look it up and if it interests me I shall order it today when I hit up Barnes and Noble. Abduction cases always seem to interest me. Thanks for the post

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I've met quite a few abductees at Mufon meetings.

It's all a little hard to stomach. The way I see it, it's hard to explain the unexplainable. As in the movie "The Fourth Kind", he see's a white owl, but it's really an alien. Possibly, the mind is attempting to make sense of what it's seeing. Even in the Bible, Ezekial attempts to describe the wheel inside a wheel. A naked alien with a cowboy hat? Who knows.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cdesignmaster

Someone could also say the mind is trying to make sense of the situation by seeing an "alien". In any event of high strangeness the mind is going to try to put a comprehensible "face" on the anomaly.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Sure, someone could say that, but they would be wrong.

Just reading websites and books won't do it. Talking to people in person at the various meetings will give one a new sense of what's real.

Some that I have met have seen the alien crafts relatively close (less than 100 yards, no abduction). Others have seen the crafts and aliens (no abduction). Yet others have seen the crafts and have been abducted.

The one thing that is common with them all is that they know what they saw. For the most part, they won't even mention these things to anyone else for they live a normal life otherwise.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical, but try meeting others in person, totally different experience.

top topics

join