It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainless Voters (Obama Sheep)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Go ahead and bash Obama, join the bandwagon, I heard it's the new cool thing to do if you're into conspiracies and what not.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

Originally posted by bigbert81
what with all the teaming up to call names and make fun of...

I've read the thread. The only 'name' I've called you was Obamatron and Obama zombie. That shouldn't hurt you my friend.

and even calling those names is childish and ignorant. Why cant we ris above name calling after highschool, hmmm?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Whoa one example to dis-credit what I have said!! knife in the heart congrats!

the fact is that we live in a big world and YES sometimes people will get awards for things they dont deserve, However the majority of the time awards are great signifiers of accomplishments.

If you got an honors award in school wouldnt that mean that you've accomplished getting high grades.
If you got an emmy wouldnt that mean you put on a good show?

Yes sometimes crap will slip though but still thats like everything in life and should not be used to disprove Obama's accomplishments.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
I would look at who has compromised their positions in politics more dangerously.

you don't stop! Obama's big issue in the Illinois state senate was to regulate nuclear energy companies. His legislation fell through, yet he accepted thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from Exelon (the company in question) for his U.S. senate and presidential campaigns. C'mon, you even sent me this.

It's a case of attempting to soften your worst enemy. In turn, that enemy attempts extortion by threats. Obama threatened last year to ban all production of nuclear fuel (:lol
and yet he keeps receiving the cash. Hillary is the archenemy of some in the health care industry, yet she takes their money. I don't think it's compromise, I think it's more like ransom, and the companies are pretty damn desperate. Think how Kim Jong Il gets all his money.

Senator Clinton has received $150,600 in contributions from insurance and pharmaceutical companies, which she accused in 1993 of "price gouging” and “unconscionable profiteering."

I would take it too. Then I'd legislate the way I originally wanted to.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

He's black!

To a bunch of self-righteous racist liberals that is all the accomplishment he needs.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Well said!!!!!!!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

If you got an honors award in school wouldnt that mean that you've accomplished getting high grades.
If you got an emmy wouldnt that mean you put on a good show?

Yes sometimes crap will slip though but still thats like everything in life and should not be used to disprove Obama's accomplishments.

Hey, I agree. I just thought it was a good excuse to bring up the story about the Nobel Prize.

Look, I don't hate Obama. In fact, I like Obama much more than I like McCain or Clinton. It just bothers me that people don't educate themselves and jump on a bandwagon without having any idea what they're getting themselves into.

Here's in a case in point. When I went to vote last time, they changed the voting machines to computers. The first screen came up with two big DEMOCRAT and REPUBLICAN buttons on the screen. The much smaller text asked if you wanted to bypass voting for individual candidates, and instead just vote straight Dem or Repub. I'll bet 90% of the people picked D or R and didn't have any idea who they even voted for.

peace

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Go ahead, make yourself useful, name an accomplishment.

There are many listed here.

Sponsoring bills to criminalizing deceptive practices in federal elections and to reauthorize programs servicing the needs of homeless veterans are two that mean something to me.

Sorry if this was mentioned before but I'm not interested in reading through yet another Obama bash. It gets really old.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Well said!!!!!!!

It’s the same thing with Hillary SteveR. Most of the people that I know that are behind Hillary are women. And when asked why they are for Hillary the typical answer I get is that they think it's about time we have a woman as a president. Rather than focus on the real issues of our times so many people dwell on idiotic non-issues that seem to be based more on emotion than logic. But that is what drives modern neo-liberalism...emotion. Make women think sexism is still is still a major part of life in this country and some people will be up in arms over it. Same thing goes for blacks. The most racist people in this country are the ones screaming the loudest about racism. You know who they are...liberals again. And why are they so passionate and vocal about these issues? The simple answer...the only answer is that it is politically expedient to do so. They can capitalize off of it and gain more and more power to push their own agendas.

It’s really a sad state of affairs that we are going through at this point in history. But that is what these elitist bastards want…divide and conquer.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I tend to think you are absolutely correct. Brainless voters aside, the key is in deciphering their personal motives. Obama has alot of dark stuff in the closet... after Rev. Wright came out, Obama became completely untrustable to me. See here. Hillary, on the other hand, read her history. She is preconditioned to fight the good fight with whatever means possible.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I don't understand it.
Almost everyday, another story comes out about Obama doing something, responsible for something, involved in something.

I don't understand why he claims to be a uniter when he appears to be nothing but an agitator.

Obama and all his radical ties are slowly unraveling.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Whatever happened to "to each their own" and all that jazz?

If someone believes Obama is a solid candidate, they are brainless? How can anyone speak in absolutes when it comes to politics? I'm sorry but I think it is narrow minded approaches towards candidates that has resulted in our current political state.

My personal opinion?

Here goes.

(I post as a member, not a moderator)

People that are bashing Obama over juvenile and irrelevant details are doing so because they have an issue with his skin color. This "Obama is a Muslim and can not be trusted" is a cheap scapegoat to mask their real issue. It's not politically correct to say publicly that they have an issue with him as a black man, but because of public ignorance surrounding September 11th, it is somewhat politically acceptable to say they have an issue with him because of his Muslim ties.

It's all ridiculous.

If we continue to reinforce these trends, I bemoan to think of where we will be in another ten years.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Obama sheep are very ba-a-a-a-a-a-a-d people.
That's all I have to say about that.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

(I post as a member, not a moderator)

People that are bashing Obama over juvenile and irrelevant details are doing so because they have an issue with his skin color. This "Obama is a Muslim and can not be trusted" is a cheap scapegoat to mask their real issue. It's not politically correct to say publicly that they have an issue with him as a black man, but because of public ignorance surrounding September 11th, it is somewhat politically acceptable to say they have an issue with him because of his Muslim ties.

It's all ridiculous.

If we continue to reinforce these trends, I bemoan to think of where we will be in another ten years.

Why do you feel they need to pull the damn race card again? This is exactly why racism will not die out. People like you just have to open up old wounds time and time again. Just keep throwing gasoline on the fire and it will never go out. You never even stopped to think that some people may not like him for reasons OTHER THAN the fact he is black. I don't mean to be offensive to you but you might want to do a little soul searching yourself!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
OH MY GOD!!! LOL, my gf was eaves dropping while I was watching the last video where the guy says "he's an african american", my gf said, that guy thinks he's got a good answer but all he really did was just pin the tail on the donkey, he stated the whole point this exercise was trying to prove without actually saying it and he comes out and says it. That is basically it, his and hillary's policy is basically the same but she has more experience and doesn't try to avoid questions or stumble when questioned unscripted, there really is only one "accomplishment" or difference that sets him apart and that moron at the end nailed it. Seriously people, you think a sheep knows their a sheep though, once they've made up their pea brained minds not even god himself could come down and tell them "uhhh, yeah......that guys not cool.....peace" and they still would choose to ignore the truth.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

On the contrary.

There are plenty of reasons to not like Obama and even more reasons to not vote for him. But my issue is with those that attack him for illogical and irrelevant details that have nothing to do with his politics. I genuinely feel that those people are masking their issue with utter nonsense. I would prefer them to speak honestly.

When people speak ill of Hillary or McCain, they do so with legitimate reasons. When it comes to Obama, some of the nonsense that we read is painful to endure.

There is a difference in what I am referencing and what you are.

Every vote against or for him is not done so with racial implications.

But when people are going out of their way to concoct ridiculous theories, I feel it is done so with racial implications.

And on a side note, if you look into my post history; you will see that I typically fend off those that play the "race card".

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

People that are bashing Obama over juvenile and irrelevant details are doing so because they have an issue with his skin color.

And what do YOU consider 'juvenile and irrelevant' details?

- That fake smoking picture? Yep. I agree.
- The flag pin? Yep. I agree.
- The ALLEGED not putting his hand on his heart? Yep. I agree.

What else do YOU consider 'irrelevant' and therefore alleged evidence of bigotry?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry this has bothered you, chissler, let me see if I can explain your misconceptions.

Whatever happened to "to each their own" and all that jazz?

Or, to each their thread? Or so I thought.

If someone believes Obama is a solid candidate, they are brainless? How can anyone speak in absolutes when it comes to politics?

If someone believes Obama is a solid candidate based on his race, or his pandering to their victimization, they are brainless. This is not so much about politics chissler, but psychology. Do any of the Obama supporters in the video seem well thought out to you? Do they base their support on policy? Can they even name one valid accomplishment? It is emotion, or peer pressure on a gigantic scale, that pushes their irrational endorsement.

I'm sorry but I think it is narrow minded approaches towards candidates that has resulted in our current political state.

The first nine months of Bush's presidency was not so bad. Our current political state is caused by lack of power in the people - the perceived inability to remove wrongdoers.

People that are bashing Obama over juvenile and irrelevant details are doing so because they have an issue with his skin color.

That's a too broad a brush to be accurate. People bashing Obama over his skin color are bashing Obama over his skin color. Who really knows why an individual would criticise Obama over details you find to be 'irrelevant'. So, to each his own, yes?

You are buying into a very dangerous philosophy by rendering all criticism of Obama moot due to his purported racial vunerabilities.

This "Obama is a Muslim and can not be trusted" is a cheap scapegoat to mask their real issue.

Not an issue of this thread. Or ANY of my threads.

It's not politically correct to say publicly that they have an issue with him as a black man

Nor is it politically correct of Obama to say he has an issue with caucasians, yet he has said so. "My grandmother is just a typical white woman..."

but because of public ignorance surrounding September 11th, it is somewhat politically acceptable to say they have an issue with him because of his Muslim ties. It's all ridiculous.

Yes, that is rediculous... but it is not an issue of this thread. Do you really think you found the right one?

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

This is plain wrong. You shouldn't be accusing people of being racist. If people bash Bush it's ok. If people bash Clinton it's ok. If people bash Obama it's because he's black? PLeeeeze....

Give me a break. This is the lowest form of race baiting, but sadly, probably a large part of the reason that Obama's gotten as far as he has. People are afraid to oppose him for fear of being accused a racist.

Seriously, you should really re-think this type of racist branding. Accusing somebody of being a racist is a serious accusation. I would expect a more thoughtful approach from a member who is also a Mod.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
Go ahead and bash Obama, join the bandwagon, I heard it's the new cool thing to do if you're into conspiracies and what not.

Can you say....detached! The reality we are facing in this country is the EXACT opposite, "the new cool thing to do" is to join the praise Obama bandwagon, unless you have been hibernating for the past year. Obama is ALL I see, I turn on TV, basically any channel except FOX and 9 times out of 10 someone is either supporting Obama or passive aggressively doing it, while trying to appear "unbiased". I open my yahoo mail and BAM! I get a big Obama 08 banner constantly. I open a paper, BAM...Obama! This man is being force fed to us and the sheep are lapping it up. Thank you very much if I choose to own my mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join