It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Denied Ability To Speak MN Convention

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
They've already picked a winner, they don't want adversity there because this is the Republican Convention.
I was a Paul supporter too, but you have to understand that the party wants to pull together before the general election. It's not like Paul has any shot at McCain's nomination at this point anyway.

So we have to get the party to pull together. Thats what this country is about making sure the party is together. How about voting for the person you really want instead of some stupid 2 party dictatorship. The dems and the repubs have lets us down for to long and there needs to be a real change. I dont see how you could of been a paul supporter now a McCain it makes no sense to me. McCain is a tool and I would never vote for him. Ill write in paul because I think you need to vote for the candidate you like and not based on some stupid party.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I hate McCain, I'm not voting for him, even though I think he's less bad than either of the Democrats.

And if you're going to write in Paul, just don't vote. If you want to have a registered "dissent" vote, pick someone who's actually on the ballot or has at least expressed that they want your vote.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
And if you're going to write in Paul, just don't vote. If you want to have a registered "dissent" vote, pick someone who's actually on the ballot or has at least expressed that they want your vote.

What
The
$%#@
Is
This???

I voted Paul, and feel GOOD about my choice. At least the blood will not be on my hands next year when the bombs are flying or we are all going even deeper into being a Third World Country. Or both.

Glad you have a better solution, to vote for a 'lesser of the three evils'. Stereotypical.

EDIT TO ADD: Use an argument you know something about. Ron Paul WAS on my ballot !!!!!!!!

[edit on 31-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
LostNemesis, you sound like an idiot.

And how'd you go to the future to vote for Paul? The general election hasn't happened yet...

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

You are entitled to your opinion, unfortunately.

Paul may not have been on the primary ballot in every state, and surely it will be that way in the presidential. I am curious to know how someone who votes based on their true belief of the best for this country, equates to idiot? You have to expand on that. Voting for the 'winning team' really makes you feel that good about yourself?

Possible further proof that the USA is doomed.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I want to antagonize you to get you even more worked up, but that's a bit too far. I never said anything about the primary. I was talking about people who want to write in Ron Paul's name in the general election and why that's a bad tactic.

Stop making assumptions about me, you fool. You sound like you're twelve.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Back to the topic at hand...

While there's little doubt that Ron Paul got the shaft during the primaries, the Republican party is a private organization and is under no obligation to give him a forum to speak at the convention. Is it petty of them to block a man from speaking who is somewhat of a dissenting voice in the party? Sure, but that's all it is. It isn't illegal or anything remotely close. They're well within their rights not to include him in the list of speakers at the event.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join