It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution is Intelligent Design

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Evolution is, for lack of a better term, "God Speed". It is the speed at which the omnipresent intelligence operates.

There are those that say, there is a God. There are those that say there isn't. And there are those that withhold judgment until further information can be gathered. All sides are correct depending on perspective. If there is something that is omnipresent that means that it permeates everything. Lift up a stone and you will find God. Climb a mountain and there too will God be. Travel to infinity or deep within your heart. God is there.

This is the ultimate truth that everyone is searching for. This is the ultimate truth that they don't want you to remember. For if you remember, you will realize you are God also. And this truth, indeed, will set you free.

With this simple all-encompassing truth all questions are answered and all paradoxes resolved. The idea which we call God is the ultimate layer of existence. It is our home. It is where we come from and it is where we will one day return.

God does not answer prayers because God is not personal. God is universal. Prayers are answered though. But they are answered by higher level thought forms. That is what we are. We are thought forms that have decided to inhabit vehicles in order to experience the creation.

There is free-will. The free-will is limited by the construct of the level of existence that you occupy and the knowledge that you have. For instance, you do not have the free-will to fly from Earth to Mars without some sort of knowledge. That knowledge may take the form of a ship. Or it could be done in other ways. It is knowledge that gives us free-will. The more knowledge you have the more free-will you have. The higher level thought forms have near ultimate free-will. They can access all knowledge and move about freely anywhere in infinity. One day we will be there but it, like where you find yourself now, is only a step along the way back to our home in omnipresence.

Thank you for reading this God. And seeing that you are a personalized fractal of God, I would be honored to hear your thoughts.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"This is the ultimate truth that everyone is searching for. This is the ultimate truth that they don't want you to remember. For if you remember, you will realize you are God also. And this truth, indeed, will set you free."

And you are oh so wise to realize that truth. Indeed, humanity owes you much from here onwards.

"God does not answer prayers because God is not personal. God is universal. Prayers are answered though."

Aside from the blatant contradiction, why would you consider that god being personal is mutually exclusive with it being universal. Christians everywhere seem to think otherwise. Regarding "Gawd", i'd figure they are the experts.

"higher level thought forms"

Was ist das?

One final question. So, yeah, God is everywhere and in every thing. We're a part of God as well. Super awsome. Now what? Why should i care? How does this god thing affect my life in the least? What happens if i don't believe it?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

And you are oh so wise to realize that truth. Indeed, humanity owes you much from here onwards.

It has nothing to do with me in the sense you are implying.

Aside from the blatant contradiction,

It's not a contradiction when you add in the sentence following what you quoted.

why would you consider that god being personal is mutually exclusive with it being universal.

The idea of God that is most often presented is that of a supreme being existing somewhere out there looking down on us. That is the context in which I spoke. That idea of God is not personal but universal. But your point is valid in the truer sense as nothing is mutually exclusive. Since you are God then it is personal as well. Good point, only I wasn't speaking from that vector.

Christians everywhere seem to think otherwise. Regarding "Gawd", i'd figure they are the experts.

That's the beauty of being God. Christians can think or believe whatever they want for however long they want.

Was ist das?

It is what you are without your body. Pure consciousness.

One final question. So, yeah, God is everywhere and in every thing. We're a part of God as well. Super awsome. Now what?

You tell me, you're God. I know what's next for me. You know what's next for you.

Why should i care?

If you don't think you should then you shouldn't.

How does this god thing affect my life in the least?

That is also completely up to you. It could affect nothing. It could affect everything.

What happens if i don't believe it?

You'll be forced to wear a funny hat while dancing the funky chicken.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
first off, how is this evolution vs. ID? did i miss something?

second, just for the record, this has to be the most politically correct belief i have ever heard in my entire life.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
first off, how is this evolution vs. ID? did i miss something?

You didn't miss anything. It isn't a versus.

Originally posted by miriam0566
second, just for the record, this has to be the most politically correct belief i have ever heard in my entire life.

It's the answer I got when I asked the universe what the truth was.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cons Piracy

yay.

freaking YAY MAN!!!

so glad to see such an exact illustration of the truth.

I was going to write an entire post on this exact thing regarding both sides of this ridiculous endless argument over evolution/creationism/intelligent design.

Obviously there was a "creation" .. a "beginning".. one of infinite beginnings.. and ends..
Obviously we can observe "evolution" through fossil records and in various organisms living today.

I think that biological engineering/modification is a timeless art that is harnessed by any intelligent species at a certain point in their history.

I think what we've seen as "evolution"... is either one of two things.

1) random mutations allowing certain lifeforms to survive changing environmental factors and circumstances that their predecessors could not... thus eliminating all but the mutation, and their kind survive while their parents do not. (the standard ... survival of the fittest.. blabla.. doesn't mean it's fittest .. just "fit" to survive that ONE circumstance that killed it's ancestors)

2) "purposefully programmed, genetic survival-oriented changing mechanisms" within biologically modified or engineered from scratch.. a lifeform's genome activated through specific factors, a "dynamic adaptation" and or "triggered upgrading"
would obviously act as not only an insurance policy for the intelligently designed organism's survival, but also act as a "planned evolutionary path" that may have been tried and true, and be a planned and timed expansion of genetic ability, in order to cope with the external framework the organism has built for him/her/it's self.

Let me tell you a little story-

I took a computer course back in middle school, back in the day using Commodore 64s, and we had this "challenge" where we would make a programmed "robot" (it was only a few pixels of a square with a line pointing out of it signifying a "tank with a gun" )
We'd have to program it, and then let it loose in a room (top view) with all the other contestants, appearing in random places in the room...every time the battle started... and see who wins... (see who survives to the last)
But we couldn't alter anything about it once it was in the battle. It had to fend for itself on its own.

A lot of the kids would form these complex "if-then" circumstantial subroutines in the programs allowing different changes of behavior due to certain situations arising.

Any genetic engineer, especially ones engineering life as beautiful and capable as sentient, intelligent lifeforms, would, no doubt, loose out and find their creation a failure over time, as it encountered specific environmental situations, OR situations involving members of the same species ... if they did not "build in" a comprehensive "dynamic adaptation" area of the created or modified being's genetic code.

Take this a step further.. and create a very intelligent species.. through engineering from scratch... OR modifying already existing primates...
And extrapolate their "probable cultural evolutionary path"... and prepare their genome in such a way.. that once exposed to specific amounts of genome-augmenting electromagnetic radiation.. many many times more than the usual amount they're exposed to, that once exposed to that massive amount.. their genome is programmed incredibly complexly to trigger itself into a massive systemic upgrade of genetic capability.
This timed with the exact time in the specie's culture's development, that they are literally "ready" for this upgrade.. and at least a select few of them, are aware of this change, and capable to understand it, and cope with it, and inform the other members of the species, as to what is occurring.

Hell...If it hasn't been done to us in ourexistence...
then man..if I was a genetic engineer and had tens of thousands of years of other genetic engineer's work and trials behind me as to what works.. if it was a completely ultra advanced art form...
then I'd institute that aspect of programming into the genome of my creation.

oh yeah.. i'd ALSO put in a very complex "undetectable or unremoveable stealth code" that would revert my creation to it's original glory, IF the genome had been tampered with, by certain ...how you say....UNFRIENDLIES.... adversaries...etc...
like.. if you tried to remove the stealth code.. IF it was found... your result would not "work"... however maddeningly complex that would be is beyond my comprehension.. but definately do-able.... somehow... by someone..
and NO it doesn't have to be done by a bearded character called "God".

just a lifeform that's intelligent enough to accomplish it gracefully and with style.

And yes the truth here also leads us to look at the "all of existence" as ... "god" (if you need to call it that) .. but i think it's incredibly disempowering (and insulting) to characterize the infinite glory of ALL .. as one "guy".. separate from you.

I think anything close to "worship" .. would be acceptable to me.. as not completely diminishing yourself in front of this being(s) .. but more or less... realizing they are another person just like you.. but have spiritually/emotionally/mentally.. grown and devevloped themselves to such a level that you respect and want to achieve as well.
Humbling yourself.. watching your behavior around them .. would be as far as I'd go as "worship".
I think they'd proably think you're silly for wirshipping them, as it's contrary to the truth.. the truth that they're made of the same mass-conciousness that you are.. that is ALL THAT EXISTS..

thanks for the thread ...
good to see some truth.

-

oh, P.S.
I won the robot war by the way.. mine was programmed to just go to the bottom of the room.. point upwards constantly and just repeatedly fire, pointing upwards moving back and forth along the bottom of the room ... it's name was "Satan" uh oh oooooo
...sometimes just plain merciless barrage of defense from the bottom defeats all --- which is what we see all around us in the Machiavellian ruling of the powers that be---- sure they survive...
a more productive method would be to self-program ourselves to work together cooperatively and just... not be robots fighting in the first place..
(MESSAGE!)

[edit on 30-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   
oh, P.S.
I won the robot war by the way.. mine was programmed to just go to the bottom of the room.. point upwards constantly and just repeatedly fire, pointing upwards moving back and forth along the bottom of the room ... it's name was "Satan" uh oh oooooo
...sometimes just plain merciless barrage of defense from the bottom defeats all --- which is what we see all around us in the Machiavellian ruling of the powers that be---- sure they survive...
a more productive method would be to self-program ourselves to work together cooperatively and just... not be robots fighting in the first place..
(MESSAGE!)

[edit on 30-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
I think that biological engineering/modification is a timeless art that is harnessed by any intelligent species at a certain point in their history.

Absolutely! That is one part of the equation that I left out in my OP. And I think you explained it exquisitely, with an excellent example no less.

So, 98% Junk DNA? I would think not. Highly intelligent biological programming to be activated by a set of specific environmental and internal circumstances seems to be the more logical approach.

"god" (if you need to call it that)

Indeed. And I personally have no need to call the infinite omnipresent intelligence by a specific nomenclature. But for those that do there is nothing wrong with that. You could call it 'potting soil' and it's all good to the universe.

Humbling yourself.. watching your behavior around them .. would be as far as I'd go as "worship".
I think they'd probably think you're silly for worshiping them,

Another excellent point. Intelligent beings calling for worship of themselves is a definite sign that there may be something off and the individual should exercise caution.

Thank you for adding in the additional points that fill in this particular viewpoint.

Life takes on a whole other level of intricate beauty when everything is seen as having equal potential. No longer can one view themselves as above or below another being. And the respect one would give to "God" is given to all creation since all creation is seen as "God".

top topics

join