It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids of China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm still new to ATS and I'm pretty sure there might be some post about these but I cannot find out too much info regarding them I'll post a link to a Google Earth vid, but I've been to a few pages that show more info.

www.youtube.com...

and here

www.earthquest.co.uk...

A few years ago I was shocked to learn that they existed in the first place

What I don't know nor can find out do these Pyramids have anything in common with those of Egypt or Aztec/Mayans outside of their basic shape?

1. The Earth orientation N/S etc?
2. Are these Giant burial mounds?
3. Temple complexes?
4. Age?
5. Was there a progression of development?
6. Dimensions?
7. Artwork from inside of the tombs?

It seems to me that Red China is being very selfish with whatever research has produced.

If you have any info please reply thanks

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Howdy

The wiki gives a clear if brief introduction to the Chinese "pyramids" , really earth mounds.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Hey thanks for replying I was going to use that link but we can see theres not much info. that is what I'm talking about there just does not seem to be any kind of information on what if anything scientific has been discovered

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Do a run on google scholar to see what has been published.

This book from 2000 has some Chinese P information

Book

Ancient Technology provides a fascinating look at a particular area of technology as it developed in ancient times, from the first humans to the fall of the Western Roman Empire in A.D. 476. Each chapter covers a different ancient civilization, beginning with Stone Age cultures and progressing chronologically through others, such as the ancient Middle East, Egypt, China, Mesoamerica, Greece, Rome, and India. Every book includes a world map and timeline to show the location and timespan of each culture. Supports the national curriculum standards Culture; Time, Continuity, and Change; People, Places, and Environments; Science Technology and Society; and Global Connections as outlined by the National Council for the Social Studies.

The first things off a scholar run are With the key words, Chinese pyramids archaeology:

Space age archaeology - all 2 versions »
F El-Baz - Scientific American, 1997 - sciamdigital.com
... across the moun- tainous terrain of China and the Great Pyramid gracing the ... of value
to other disciplines, including geology, geography and archaeology. ...
Cited by 16 - Related Articles - Web Search - BL Direct

Time in Archaeological Thought: China and the West
S Vinsrygg - Time, Science, and Society in China and the West, 1986 - books.google.com
... Archaeology and Society Archaeology always mirrors the society ... is worth noting that
neither China nor northern ... glorious past comparable to the pyramids of the ...
Cited by 1 - Related Articles - Web Search

Mid-Holocene environmental and human dynamics in northeastern China reconstructed from pollen and …
P Tarasov, G Jin, M Wagner - Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 2006 - Elsevier
... the inhabitation of northeastern China by sedentary ... The archaeological excavation
results indicate very limited ... form of monumental tomb pyramids with adjoining ...
Cited by 1 - Related Articles - Web Search

The Tangut Royal Tombs near Yinchuan
NS Steinhardt - JSTOR
... 9. Li Qiang, "Zhongguo dejinzi ta" (Chinese pyramids), Renmin ribao [People's Daily],
27 ... Ningxia Institute of Cultural Relics and Archaeology, "Xi Xia lingyuan ...
Web Search

... 2 (Norton, New York, 1997). Chang, KC The Archaeology of Ancient China (Yale Univ. ...
Wang, WSY Explorations in Language 375-396 (Pyramid, Taipei, 1991). ...
Cited by 16 - Related Articles - Web Search - BL Direct

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I was hoping for something online

I found a lot of books at the Library and at Barnes and Noble both online and in person but they only give passing statements and no real details

I was hoping for any info

Please reply with if you know anything or can find out please
thanks in advance

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Sorry Slayer this isn't in my area of expertise. May I suggest you go to the Hall of Ma'at or archaeologica.org

Hall of Ma'at

Archaeologica.org

And search their threads or just ask a question

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

thanks for your help that lead me to this page it's a little light on info but it does
ad more to the picture
www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The Hall of Maat is about the least credible website on the internet.
Their cirticism of Graham Hancock are laughable.

They are clearly biased in favor of the obviously wrong outdated notions about history, and clearly biased against the truth and anything new.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
The Hall of Maat is about the least credible website on the internet.
Their cirticism of Graham Hancock are laughable.

Wholly irrelevant
But I take you you haven't checked out some of Hancock's 'references'? Sorry Hollywood, but some people believe you need evidence, others, like, so it seems, you, think making up stuff makes it real

Anyway, as for the Chinese 'pyramids' this is a great site with good pictures: www.trilobia.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Thanks for the link

But not much on the prograssion of development.

I'm wondering if there is more to tthis than is bieng told.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
what about the pyramids found in a lake in China?

link here

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

there are pyramids ALL AROUND the world. i still say this is because of the fallen angels. All these civilizations couldnt have made the same stucture like that

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks I have seen that also.
I was wondering if anybody had info of the development stages of pyramids in china I guess I wont find what I'm looking for.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iesus_freakAll these civilizations couldnt have made the same stucture like that

Says who? I disagree. The pyramid is a fundemental shape, simple geometry: something our brain excels at.

Consider this: Why have the same civilizations almost exclusively built box shaped houses? Or are you saying that the Mayans, Egyptians and Chinese also couldnt have made the homes they lived in, since this is a shape and design even more complex than the pyramid?

[edit on 24-11-2008 by merka]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Thanks I have seen that also.
I was wondering if anybody had info of the development stages of pyramids in china I guess I wont find what I'm looking for.

You're looking for information under the wrong term.

They're not true pyramids (no squared off sides, etc.) They are burial mounds.

If you google for "chinese mound tombs" you get a lot of information about them. Some Japanese tombs follow this same model as well.

In general, they're bronze age type monuments and have a pretty complex inner structure. Depending on where they were, they had different features -- near Mongolia, they're called "kurgens" and can be pretty elaborate:
en.wikipedia.org...

Near Korea (part of China at one time) you do get stone, but they're very different (low round mounds of stone):
en.wikipedia.org...

One book I have looked at indicates that these tombs (Chinese, Korean, Japanese) have some common histories... the earliest forms are tombs dug into hillsides. By the 5th century, they start building their own hills ("pyramids") and eventually incorporate stone in the building rather than soil.

As I understand it, when they did the "build your own hill" type burial, a tomb was constructed first and then covered with earth.

The pyramid was not the only shape. Apparently Emperor Qin's tomb (with the soldiers) was dragon shaped:
www.travelchinaguide.com...

top topics

join