It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any news on a new investigation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Assuming most of us here are well aware of the facts surrounding 9/11, I'm curious what people are doing with that information currently?

Since Kucinich made his pledge to demand a new investigation, news of his efforts have dropped off the radar. I'm assuming he is waiting for a new congress/president or has given up, same for impeachment for that matter. This was a few months ago.

Anything new happening?

Solutions, strategies, what are people doing with the information we have?

As for myself, I've tried to spread the word through 2 local film screenings in Lawrence, KS, one on 9/11/2006, and one in 2007.

They brought in some good numbers, 360 people came to see Loose Change 2nd Ed. and 256 came to "Oil Smoke and Mirrors". As a bonus we also got 3 semi-decent articles out of two of our local papers.

I'll likely screen "Final Cut" this year, unless people know of a newer, more definitive film to come along since.

I also created a website that catalogs all of the best 9/11 films I've found online to provide another informational resource, but which I will not link to here. I guess you can pm me if you're interested in that.

Anyway, living in Kansas, spreading the word seems to be the name of the game. What are people here doing to see some progress on the issue?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Doesn't really seem to be a matter of making the "public" believe (or at least not w/ those I come into contact with). It seems quite obvious to "most" (again, subjective viewpoint based on those I talk to) where the attacks came from when considering who gained the most from the attack.

The problem seems to be holding those who contributed to the crime against the innocent accountable for their actions. Doesn't seem like our leader really cares what we think when making decisions that involve the deaths of thousands of innocent souls. In fact, not only doesn't he care, he seems quite smug about it and that could be due to the fact that he knows there is not much we either CAN do about it or WILL do about it..

What do you suggest we do? There are so many videos up all over the internet already and the evidence can't get any more plain than it is. The only thing left to be done, I would think, is to actually put "them" on trial and find a suitable punishment (which I am making no suggestions in that department :flame

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tribalzendancer

I also would like to know what all this new information we now have is going?

Also more knowledge for you as asked:

Zeitgeist (From 2007)

www.zeitgeistmovie.com...

and the new one

Esoteric Agenda (2008)

video.google.com...

Hope this helps you and other on your quest for truth.

Z

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I just received this update from Congressman Wexler. He seems to be leading the charge on the impeachment issue at the moment.

Last night, significant news broke that directly impacts our push for Impeachment Hearings and a possible Inherent Contempt charge for Bush Administration officials such as Karl Rove:

Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan has revealed in his upcoming book that:

• Karl Rove, Scooter Libby, and Vice President Cheney lied about their role in revealing the identity of Valerie Plame Wilson – actions easily amounting to obstruction of Justice.

McClellan also admitted that:

• There was a coordinated effort within the Bush Administration to use propaganda to pump up the case for the Iraq war and hide the projected costs of the war from the public.

Scott McClellan must be called to testify under oath before the House Judiciary Committee to tell Congress and the American people everything he knows about this massive effort by the White House to deceive this nation into war.

Last week, a subpoena was issued for Karl Rove to testify before the Judiciary Committee. It appears he will take every legal action to block this subpoena. The truth is that Congress has the right – and obligation – to hold him accountable now - not months or years from now. It is long past time to pass Inherent Contempt and bring Rove, Libby and others before Congress.

We simply cannot ignore these recent developments, nor should we postpone serious inquiry until after the next election.

Your commitment to accountability for the Bush/Cheney Administration, and the support of 230,000 other Americans who signed up at wexlerwantshearings.com, has inspired and motivated me in my effort to hold impeachment hearings for Vice President Dick Cheney and Inherent Contempt for Rove and others. During the past months I have been a tireless and dogged advocate of this vitally important cause.

Many of you have written me, asking for an update on where we stand with regards to impeachment hearings. I know most of you believe - as I do - that impeachment hearings for Vice President Cheney – are not only justified, but that it is our constitutional obligation to look into the serious allegations of wrongdoing that have been raised. This is especially true based on the newest revelations from Scott McClellan.

I believe that it is the duty of Congress to pursue impeachment whenever there's significant evidence of wrongdoing, be it by Republicans or Democrats, regardless of the timing of elections or the current political environment.

Some of you have written me demanding that I deliver hearings or impeachment. As hard as I have been fighting for this cause, I cannot make impeachment happen by myself. What I can do, and what I have been doing at every turn, is trying to communicate two simple messages to my colleagues:

• the serious allegations of wrongdoing and the clear-cut rationale for impeachment hearings;and
• the fact that the public will support our efforts when Congress boldly acts on the side of justice and accountability.

Unfortunately, to date, these arguments have not been enough to convince even a majority of the liberal and progressive Members of Congress to support impeachment hearings. In addition, the leadership of the Democratic Party in Congress genuinely feels that pursuing impeachment will jeopardize our congressional agenda and threaten gains in the November elections. Although I genuinely disagree with this view, to date I have been unable to convince them to change this policy.

I understand the challenges that we are up against, and I recognize the odds that we face. Nevertheless, I remain unfazed and unyielding.

This new evidence from Scott McClellan could be the tipping point – but we must move quickly. I will use the McClellan admissions to help convince my colleagues that we must hold impeachment hearings.

Regardless, I will continue to fight for progressive values and our Constitution. I will

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The Wex is a cool guy in my opinion.

Hope nothing happens to this guy (can someone say "accident"). It's guy's like that, that have the balls to stand up for the rest of us, bringing whatever faint hope of justice there is against the true 911 criminals.

More people should rally round him to show greater support in what he is actully doing. He could play a major role in turning the tide. After hearing his speeches in congress, his conviction, and passion without hate bring a full force on the subject matter he produces.

Z

top topics

join