It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey think, monkey do: with robotic arm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Monkey think, monkey do: with robotic arm

www.reuters.com

Using only its brainpower, a monkey can direct a robotic arm to pluck a marshmallow from a skewer and stuff it into its mouth, researchers said on Wednesday.

Schwartz said the technology behind this feat may lead to brain-powered prosthetic limbs for people with spinal cord injuries or disabling diseases that make such simple tasks impossible.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Although the images of the monkey head strapped still and elctrodes implanted into its brain are quite disturbing to me .. the possability of this technology is fantastic.

war veterans with missing limbs able to replace these and move them as you do all your other limbs, with signals from the brain..

the application of this tech is astounding but i am torn between a rock and a hard place when looking at the monkey .. is it ethical ? and due to the possable application to human beings .. does it matter if its ethical or not?

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Freaking Fascinating..

Great Story and it is indeed pretty impressive what they can do these days. I am positive that their is much more known about the brain that isn't published for the public...

new topics

join