It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucy? I think we're trouble????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
USA OUT OF BUSINESS

Don Smith

It has been quite some time since I felt the need to formally write to you regarding the state of the US economy. The first time was back at the beginning of the year 2000. I will let the events that have occurred since then speak for themselves.

Once again I charge myself with the task of issuing a warning to good people under the influence of stock-pushing analysts and office-seeking politicians. Many people think we are in a bull market in stocks again while others believe we are in a bear market rally that is going to end shortly and wreak havoc unseen since the early part of the 20th century. What I would like to throw into the mix is the idea that the entire "Game" is about over.

www.gold-eagle.com...

I'm a bit worried.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is no secret.

Houses are the biggest source of debt in the country, but no one would own a house if they had to buy it outright.

The increase in debt and debt services, is due to the increase in the housing market, cars, etc.

Due to the availibility of debt, there is an obvious increase over time, along with new and better incentives from the government regarding home loans.

At any time the market could bottom out, and it has been that way for a number of decades, so I am not sweating it any more today than tomorrow.

Our entire economy is based on using money that is not ours to obtain property, assets etc, and also to MAKE money. In my area, it is not uncommon to walk away with 100k in profit after a couple years from a house.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
USA OUT OF BUSINESS

Don Smith

It has been quite some time since I felt the need to formally write to you regarding the state of the US economy. The first time was back at the beginning of the year 2000. I will let the events that have occurred since then speak for themselves.

Once again I charge myself with the task of issuing a warning to good people under the influence of stock-pushing analysts and office-seeking politicians. Many people think we are in a bull market in stocks again while others believe we are in a bear market rally that is going to end shortly and wreak havoc unseen since the early part of the 20th century. What I would like to throw into the mix is the idea that the entire "Game" is about over.

www.gold-eagle.com...

I'm a bit worried.

All of us should be worried. The war is tied to the oil economy. That's the number one thing to understand about the Iraq invasion.

When the economic axe falls, (like if OPEC went with the Euro) the whole house of cards would fall. And trust me, it would make the great depression look like nothing.

new topics

join