It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Makes War on Doughnuts and Rachel Ray

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

The article from the link above is just plain ridiculous. Fox News makes a comment about what Rachel Ray wore in a commercial for Dunkin' Doughnuts. Then Dunkin' Doughnuts pulls the commercial and will not show it again. Probably because the comments that Fox News made would have cost them business. As there is a good chance Dunkin' Doughnuts patrons are mostly Fox News viewers. "Oink, Oink" if you get what I am talking about. Not only does Ms. Piggy like Dunkin' Doughnuts there are probably a large majority of Neo-cons who enjoy the place. That is just pure speculation.

Fox News is notorious for crossing the line. Take a look at their comments involving Obama. The news casters for Rupert Murdoch's Fox News corporation and Rupert himself needs to be held accountable for the lies, threats, subliminal, and propaganda they put out on the air waves. While I don't agree with censorship in any form. I do think they should pay a price for willful slander, lies, subliminal messages, and propaganda.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

In the ad, Ray is wearing a scarf that Michelle Malkin said in her nationally syndicated column resembled a kiffiyeh, Middle Eastern garb that is "popularized by Yasser Arafat and a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos."

It's a women's scarf, for crying out loud! I can go into any upscale department store or boutique and find something similar. Malkin is a conservative bulldog. Now if Rachel Ray was wearing a burqa, a Nazi armband or even a Che t-shirt, then one could argue she was making a political fashion statement. However, a silk paisley scarf with fringe is hardly a threat to national security.

I say Malkin was having a slow day and decided to grasp for straws.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is another thread discussing this here as well.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
There is another thread discussing this here as well.

I apologize, I didn't know that.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No worries, it's in a different forum. I only pointed it out in case you might be interested to read it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Friggin' idiots. Well, terrorists wear clothes too. Maybe Rachel Ray should go nude! Aaaarrrooooooggaahhhh!!!
Honk honk!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
WOW!!!

AND TO THINK THAT WE ARE IN AMERICA...A COUNTRY OF ACCEPTANCE...NOT IGNORANCE!!!

Associating this scarf with terrorists, is like associating African Americans with ALL crimes.

And the saddest part is that some truly beleive that this act of ignorance is justifiable!!!

As an Arab-American Citizen, I am ashamed on behalf of ALL those who actually let this "connection" or "symbolism" cross their minds as true!!!

---I am officially NEVER EVER stepping foot into another Dunkin Dounts again!!!

top topics

join