It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space station crew to NASA: Our toilet is broken

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Space station crew to NASA: Our toilet is broken

www.ajc.com

The international space station's lone toilet is broken, leaving the crew with almost nowhere to go. So NASA may order an in-orbit plumbing service call when space shuttle Discovery visits next week.

Until then, the three-man crew will have to make do with a jury-rigged system when they need to urinate.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-5-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Haha....the last place you would want your toilet to break down is in space. I wonder how much that plumber is going to charge for the service call....

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Looks like relief is on the way....just a couple more days to go.

NASA has made a last-minute change to its cargo aboard the space shuttle Discovery on Thursday, swapping 16 kilograms of equipment for something far more pressing: a toilet pump.

A lone NASA employee carried the pump on a commercial flight from Russia to Florida, arriving on Wednesday night, NASA said.

Source

The shuttle will also be delivering the new Kibo Lab module which will become the largest module on the station. You can bet they will be fixing the toilet before they prodeed with the Kibo installation...

It must feel amazing to the astronats when they suddenly have so much additional space added to their "house". I imagine they are all pretty stoked about this.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So much for the commode!! That would almost suck as much as running out of super-advanced space TP

Goes to show everyone depends on a good plumber. Even those in orbit! At least it hasn't backed up into the ISS!!!!

That would be a disturbing video downlink!!

-ChriS

[edit on 29-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
That is funny, gave me a laugh.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!1

omg COULD YOU IMAGINE A FLOATING " FLOATER"

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
From what I read it is still accepting solids. As far as number one though....? You would think of all the primary necessities there would be spare parts a plenty for that unit. But what do I know. Might be time to get "This old house" guys up there to install a half bath.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hahaha! That's hilarious.

If I was up there, I would have done the Caddy Shack joke -- release a Baby Ruth candy bar and enjoy the show.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

there is space pee out the window
not like the waste will effect anyone

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What was interesting to me was that they had to remove 16kg of tourqe wrenches and other equipment from the shuttle to make room for the pump. I guess when you really need to pee your priorities tend to change...sure hope they dont need the tourque wrenches when they replace the toilet pump!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Must be one serious vacuum pump at 16 kilos! I'd hate to be the astronaut responsible for breaking the loo. You know he will never live it down.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

If I was up there, I would have done the Caddy Shack joke -- release a Baby Ruth candy bar and enjoy the show.

catch it in midair and take a bite out of it while on the Air with houston and claim you need more snack food

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This just in! The shuttle Discovery just docked with the international space station.
And for the first time since the space program...there is a line to go to the bath room.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by RUFFREADY]

top topics

join