It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lorry fuel tax protest hits roads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Lorry fuel tax protest hits roads

news.bbc.co.uk

Hauliers say diesel prices topping 120p a litre, plus the government's planned 2p fuel tax rise, will drive firms "to the wall". They want a fuel tax rebate.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I know that oil is fast running out and renewable energy sources are ever increasing.. could this be the start of a revolution. The fuel price rises worldwide could be a move purposely orchestrated by governments to force people (especially haulage companies) away from using fossil fuels and into renewable or cleaner energy sources which would be controlled by the gov and not the oil companies.

Maybe the worlds governments have fallen out of bed with the big oil companies and think they can overthrow the power that they hold over us all.

Although this could be seen as a good thing in the long run, those of you that believe in the NWO, well could this just be another tactic for the governments to reign over the worlds fuel?

What do you think?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

Well, I think this is the time to start pumping a lot of cash into things like hydrogen vehicles and so on. Imagine a joint effort between Europe, the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand etc. to fund, research and develop these kinds of technologies. Some of the best scientists in the world would be working on the projects. And hydrogen would be cheap and plentiful, and there's no need to worry about supply because it's naturally occurring all over the globe. No more being held to ransom by Opec and oil companies.

[edit on 27/5/08 by Ste2652]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

There is certainly enough money in the industry for this so hopefull this will become a reality. I don't see why hydrogen can't also be used to power power stations however I haven't heard or seen this mentioned anywhere.. I haven't looked into it to be honest so there probably are plans for it that I just haven't read about.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by fiftyfifty]

new topics

top topics

join