It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dinosaurs....................[a question]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Need an Answer. Where Did monkeys come if the Dinosaurs evolved before us? Were monkeys ever part of the dinosaur world, I mean I dont think they would last a secound......Even if I comet were to blast, it still doesn't give an explanation..............

[edit on 26-5-2008 by CosmicVegeta100]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicVegeta100

Monkeys were along a very long time AFTER the dinosaurs were extinct. The only mammals around at the same time dinosaurs were fairly small rodentlike critters, unless something new's been discovered and I've missed it. (Very possible, I've not been paying as close attention to new find, been busy lately)
The dinosaurs died out around 65 million years ago, the earliest ancestor I can come up with for primates were around during the Creataceous, and they still looked a lot like ferrets.
Also, we didn't evolve from monkeys, we evolved from apes, like gorrilas.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicVegeta100

the smaller animals particularly small mammals were more likely to survive a cataclysmic extinction for two main reasons.

1) They require far less food, which would be scarce following such an event
2) They generally reproduce at a much faster rate than larger animals thus allowing for a more rapid re-population following the disaster.

The earliest primates known date to 56-million-year-old, which is just after the end of the Mesozoic, the period of the dinosaurs.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Someone really should answer a question for me. What did the apes evolve from? Monkeys? If so, we might as well say we eveolved from monkeys. If you don't agree, then why not say we evolved from the creature only one step back in the evolutionary time line? Why do we have to say we evolved from specifically apes?

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Apes are our closest ancestor. Monkeys and Apes share a common ancestor, sure, but it's specificaly the APe branch we came from. If you want, go far enough back and we share a common ancestor with fish to.

new topics

top topics

join