It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30% off salary because of sports related injuries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
This is rich. In the Netherlands they now want to be able to stop paying you your salary for in the case that you get injured during your free time doing sports or anything else where injuries are possible (including chores at home).

Yeah, you heard that right. Don't do anything at home, just sit your butt down and watch tv all weekend.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I guess I don't understand how things work in the Netherlands. With the current system, if you are at home doing some vigorous back yard wrestling and injure yourself jumping off the roof, your company still pays 100% of your salary?

It seems strange to me to expect your company to pay any of your salary, much less 100% of your salary if you get hurt in your off time. Where I work, we can pay for short term disability insurance, that will take care of you in an accident, but even that is only a percentage of your salary and it is the insurance company paying you, not your employer.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I'm holding off of this topic a little. I've only seen in on one news sight (telegraaf.nl) I haven't seen it on any of the others yet.

new topics

join