It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Mayan performs Crystal Skull ceremony [pics]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Sorry guys. Really, really excited here about the new film. I did a search about the Mayans and their ceremonial traditions and I found these pictures from coast to coast. The guy in the bottom pic sure does look Mayan to me. And he's holding a crystal skull. Note the real ancient pyramids in the background.

Note: this thread is not about the movie, but about Mayan traditions and ceremonies.

www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Correct me if im wrong, but isnt the mayan people extinct? And adding, how do you become a modern mayan?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The various Maya groups still exist. I use to work with them in Mexico.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
i think the power of the crystal skulls lies in the power of suggestion. kind of like a placebo effect. i'm pretty sure that they've tried testing the mitchell-hedges skull to determine if any psychic phenomena exists, but have been unable to produce anything worthwhile.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The Mayas today inhabit two specific regions of México. They are both the Lowlands and the Highlands. The lowlands represent 30,000 Chontal Indians, 200-300 Lacandon Indians, 40,000 Chol Indians, and 400,000 Mayans of the Yucatan, Campeche, and Quintana Roo areas. The highlands people represent 100,000 Tzotils, 60,000 Tzetals, and 30,000 Mames, as well as 15,000 Tojolabals. All of these diverse groups make up an area that has extreme cultural and historical wisdom (Bernal 1980).

source/more

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shramana
The Mayas today inhabit two specific regions of México. They are both the Lowlands and the Highlands. The lowlands represent 30,000 Chontal Indians, 200-300 Lacandon Indians, 40,000 Chol Indians, and 400,000 Mayans of the Yucatan, Campeche, and Quintana Roo areas. The highlands people represent 100,000 Tzotils, 60,000 Tzetals, and 30,000 Mames, as well as 15,000 Tojolabals. All of these diverse groups make up an area that has extreme cultural and historical wisdom (Bernal 1980).

Aren't these peoples (all inclusive of the different 'Indians') completely despised by the northern "Mexicans" ? They can't get menial or potty cleaning jobs because the mainstream Mexicans (with a little conquistore/european blood) consider these 'Indians' sub-human -
sorta like parts of America did in the slavery era? ... yech! dispicable!

so, to the bigots of that society, any 'rites' by these Indians.... is only looked upon as superstitious mumbo-jombo, and doesn't rate the attention
which open minded US liberals (aka Gringos) might afford these peoples...

just a little balance and enlightenment as to the forces at work.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Some do, some don't look down on the various groups. The caste war of Yucatan was fought over this and other similar ideas.

(1847–1901) was the range of the war.

I noted some tension between the city dwellers and Maya but I also noted tensions between the various Maya groups!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
there are still 100% mayans hiding in the forests of mexico and many Inca's left over in Peru also. the ones that are in the city and have becomed "Mexicanized" are forced to work for one peso a day. Their daughters raped and killed, poor and begging for money in the streets.

the modern Mayans who still practice these ceremonies are doing the others a favor by keeping their traditions alive. but it's true that they knew that their end would come in 2012, meaning that their traditions and religions would die.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

but it's true that they knew that their end would come in 2012, meaning that their traditions and religions would die.

They know no such thing! The present calendar cycle just ends and the next one begins. Just like western civilization will not end on December 31 2008 - we just go to the next cycle, called 2009.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
there are still 100% mayans hiding in the forests of mexico and many Inca's left over in Peru also. the ones that are in the city and have becomed "Mexicanized" are forced to work for one peso a day. Their daughters raped and killed, poor and begging for money in the streets.

By who? why don't you mentioned it? By you? The USA american or your grandpa the european? who? say it!!!!!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join