It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Woman Comes Back to Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Stupid doctors should be shot. You need 8 percent CO2 in the lungs to start rebrebreathing reflex. If the patient did not have the CO2 in her body, the oxygen would keep her switched off.

She obviously was not brain dead. If they had bagged her instead of putting on oxygen in the first place, she would never have winked out.

They locked her in the off position, and were about to cut her up for spare parts!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I don't know any details of it, but a homicide investigator once told me of a similar experience. A man was found dead with no obvious signs of trauma, but an autopsy had to be performed to determine the cause of death and rule out homicide. The guy had been dead for about a day. There were a few people in the room when this guy actually sat straight up on the table. Of course, they thought it was just the effects of rigor setting in. The body does some strange things after one has passed on. Including even groaning and such I've heard.

But in this case, the guy sat up, then opened his eyes, screamed out in pain, and passed out again. From what I remember, he had been poisoned and suffered a heart attack as a result, but wound up surviving in the long run.

I also heard another similar story a long time ago, where a young woman, new to the medical field (possibly a student even?) happened to notice an eyelid flutter on body. Of course, those in charge tried to explain that this can happen sometimes well after a person has died. But the young woman remained adamant for some reason, and in the long run, the woman who's eyelid had fluttered, wound up surviving.

EDIT to add: Death is not an absolute science. It's really a judgement call by the doctor, or whoever is administering treatment. That's why we have people that survive on machines and wake up twenty years later sometimes.

[edit on 5/25/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The brain transmitts to the bodies electrical system to shut down, if it can't shoot proper electrical signals to the whole body. Riga mortis is usually when the spirit has left the body, but the spirit could be lingering over the body if it is still repremandable.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by menguard]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Back in the day they had bells hooked up to dead peoples buried fingers. For whom the bell tolls indeed.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Ok i read the article and i believe we are not reading it correctly.They never say her heart stopped for 17 hours.

They said Thomas suffered two heart attacks and had no brain waves for more than 17 hours. At about 1:30 a.m. Saturday, her heart stopped and she had no pulse. A respiratory machine kept her breathing and rigor mortis had set in, doctors said.

"Her skin had already started to harden and her fingers curled. Death had set in," said son Jim Thomas.

They rushed her to a West Virginia hospital. Doctors put Thomas on a special machine which induces hypothermia. The treatment involves lowering the body temperature for up to 24 hours before warming a patient up.

After that procedure, her heart stopped again.
So what they say there is her heart stopped again after the procedure. So the only real question is, was her brain dead or was there machines not working right. Just by that statement. we know her heart was not stopped till after that procedure. The curling of fingers abd toes may be a resukt of a siezure of some kind. Sounds like there was more speculation then fact when this story was reported. based on a few staements made to the press. But ofcourse, its all speculation onmy part. just pointing out how i see it.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by russ1969]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Ok, i tried to edit the last post and it didnt add what i wanted.

I was gonna point out, the statement made about rig setting in and her toes curling was made by her son not a doctor. So the story being told is not what it appears. Like i said before, alot of speculation on what happened to her.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This is quite common. folks wake up at the morgue more often than coroners would like to admit. I just hope if it happens to me I wake up in the morgue and not undreground........yikes!!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There is scientific study going on "near death experiences", that go's into detail about when does death actually occur. It has been published in some medical journals, so it is being taking seriously.
Watch the video or listen. Near Death Experiences and the Afterlife

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This all seems a bit weird to me and perhaps an exaggeration of the facts(I hope!)

I had a friend who was a nurse at my local hospital and he said that before postmortems are performed its common practice to inject the body with a huge dose of morphine 'just in case'. I always thought he was trying to creep me out but after reading some of the replies here i'm not so sure.
Eeek I will have nightmares now

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I just saw this x-files episode last night. Mulder was dead for three months and came back, the life support was actually incubating the alien virus inside of him.

Maybe that's what happened to this lady

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What really goes on.

"Give it up!" " It's mine, It's mine!"

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Howie47]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It simply was not her time. Like it or not, we all have a purpose here beyond our recognition.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Back in the day they had bells hooked up to dead peoples buried fingers. For whom the bell tolls indeed.

Hate to nitpick but..
It wasn't exactly 'hooked up to their fingers', they would place a wooden lever at the bottom of a coffin, near the deceased's feet, in case they actually came back to life their feet would obviously hit the switch which would trigger a bell above ground and then hopefully somebody would take notice..

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have a story.

A friend by the name of Rob, he was walking to take the bus. There was a thunderstorm out and he got struck by lightning. Rob didn't have any vitals when the paramedics came. They pronounced him dead at the hospital and stuck him in the morgue. I'm not sure how long he was in there. However he woke up some time later in the morgue. Everytime we are over his place he pulls out the toe tag to show off to someone every time we retell the story.

Ever since that time we have nicknamed him "Lightning Rob". Rob has some issues though. Every once in a while he'll be talking and just stop for a few seconds and then continue speaking. It seems that he has a few brain misfires every so often.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I have a friend that died three times after a bad car wreck. Cut his face right in half with the door jam on a Fiero, and was crushed inside with a big old stationwagon on top. They declared him dead at the scene, but he came back during transport.

Then the ambulance he was in crashed. They finally got him to the hospital, and called in a helicopter transport to take him to the region's premiere trauma center. The helicopter crashed in a field about half-way there. Sometime between the helicopter crash, and finally arriving at the medical center they lost him again, and stopped working on him. But again he came back.

Sometime during the night he was read last rights, and he flatlined when they turned off the machines. I don't know how long he was gone, but he did indeed come back for a third time. He spent the next six months in the hospital, but is still alive today more than a decade later.

Also, as a side note. I have been hit by lightning. TWICE!

[edit on 5/25/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So no one makes the connection between this woman's faith and that of her family's and her remarkable recovery?

I see it as the action of a loving God responding to prayer. Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

So no one makes the connection between this woman's faith and that of her family's and her remarkable recovery?

Only so much as I connect the Placebo Effect to very real recoveries.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

We're a biological battery. The mystery is the chemistry inside her head at the time she woke up.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

I see it as the action of a loving God responding to prayer. Just my 2 cents.

I'm sure the hospital would rather the general public feel the same way too rather than having them terrified that they'll be cut up for spare parts before they're even dead. This "miracle recovery" is sheer media spin as killing patients is kind of bad for business. I believe the doctors made up the rigor mortis bit to save their own licenses.. why should we believe they are being honest about what really happened?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by riley]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Or maybe, a contrived story to generate renewed interest in donating organs "because it might save your life"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join