It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ghost was active today....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Though he's been quiet for a few weeks now, he was at it again today...

My two dogs were going nuts barking up the staircase at it (can't see it of course, usually)... Then, tonight something really weird... We're used to it causing the staircase lights to flicker...but tonight it did it when the light was switched off!!! He's getting better....

I just wish he paid rent....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You've got a lot of animals in your place. Didn't know you have a regular ghost too.

Would you be able to tell the difference if it was something else other than the ghost if some other new paranormal happening occurred judging by the reaction of your pets? Just curious.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
ooh..I didn't know you had a ghost...

seems like you have felt his presence before....what other stuff has he done to get your attention??

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Not sure what other phenemenon it'd be... Our ghost is usually just confined to the staircase (except for one instance in the shower)....and that's what they were barking up...hackles all up, etc.

It was definitely their "defense" stance....and it's happened before..

The freakier thing was the flicker....with the lights off, that's a first....

We get along fine, and are happy to share with the ghost for the most part, as he seems harmless enough.....

We've been here a while now, and I learned that the previous tenant also reported the ghost (when talking with my landlord about the history of the house...it's from the 20's..)

He usually just goes up and down the stairs...occassionally is visible (as a dark shadow), and makes the lights flicker...

You can feel him go past some times, as an unnatural chill. There is a "cold spot" in the upstairs hall, that we think may be the doorway...but as long as he's harmless, I won't take steps to move him out....

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Do any of your cats behave strangely or act up with unusual meowing when one of you or a sleepover guest wakes up from a nightmare?

If so, do you know what it means?

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Do any of your cats behave strangely or act up with unusual meowing when one of you or a sleepover guest wakes up from a nightmare?

If so, do you know what it means?

This is not related to Gazrok's post but more to your question to Gazrok
My cat today has been going bonkers and has been doing so since Sunday.
She crouches and meows as if something is after her, runs all over the house meowing and looking like she is terrified.
The only wierd thing that happened was Sunday, after I got home from taking my girfriend to work I went upstairs and the sock drawer was open and socks were everywhere as if someone was digging looking for something . I know the drawer was closed so I doubt the cat opened it, my girfirends son was not home so that discounts him.
We live in a townhome so I don't think that anything has ever happened here, (they are new) another thing that has been happening is a picture of my girfriends older son and his wife keeps getting knocked off of where we have it (no wind reaches the area) and the last thing (but that could be just me) since Sunday I have felt sad, I'm not talking normal sad I mean SAD to the point of crying (yea I'm a guy and I cry so?) Hell I cried while watching Quantum Leap, and haven't a clue why.
I have been asking my Mom (who is deceased) if she is trying to tell me something but I get no "feeling" from her (we were very very close)
Do you know why the cat acts that way? Is she seeing something that is causing all of this?
I know you guys probably think I am loco or something, but I just had to write this, even now as I write, tears are just dripping down.
And for the sceptics no I am not on anti depressants and been skiiping doses
I just want someones non biased view on this

Thanks

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that Netstorm. I'm sorry you feel so down.

I think you answered part of my inquiry. I think cats are very sensitive to peoples' emotions.

It's strange but whenever I'm around cats, I can't feel sad or angry around them. It's an automatic response. I either feel neutral or happy.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
That's part of their appeal...

Strangely though, the cats don't usually seem bothered by him...unless he manifests (which has happened only 3 times I know of)... The dogs pick up on it better.....

I do have one cat that seems to be content meowing it lately though.....

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
man i remember when i had cats they would apparently be seein' things. lately we've sort of contemplated getting a cat or dog, but i like the freedom of being able to leave for a week or more and have no worries. my brother is not responsible enough to take care of it and i know i would be the one house training a dog or cleanin' litter. so i told him no.

but what i want to say was i've seen people make the lights flicker. my girlfriend, sort of ... more live in.. was in the bed not feeling so well and i was in the living room talkin' closely with another girl and she called my name and i did not respond. then as she called again with a more intense voice the lights in the living room flickered as she called my name. this girl was plain psycho anywayz, oh my brothas and sistas. she made true the statement dynamite comes in small packages.
she lived a violent life.

lately i have experienced more unexplained happenings in my house and all this talk of pets SEEIN', which i am absolutely certain that they SEE better than we, is makin' me want to get a puppy!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
That thing you said about cold spots gave me the chills (no pun intended). I used to live in a house that was built in the 1750s or 60s... I always thought there was a ghost living there, but I never put much thought into it. Sometimes I would see shadows where there were no people, and hear weird things at night.

But the thing that got me in your post was the mention of a cold spot in the house. I remember we would always call one room in the house the "cold room". It was just always colder than other rooms, it was a pretty large size room too. That's weird... Maybe I really did have a ghost?

I thought the ghost might have been from a woman who was born and lived in the house. The birthing room had been turned into an area where a woodstove was. Our town's school was named after this woman, Laura A White, she was a big name in the town.

new topics

top topics

join