It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Abroad and Poverty at Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

War Abroad and Poverty at Home

www.informationclearinghouse.info

The Republican Party is willing to fund war, but sees everything else as an extravagance. The neoconized war party is destroying the economic prospects of American citizens. Is “war abroad and poverty at home” the Republican campaign slogan for the November election?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Those who cannot see how the Bush regime is killing this country economically, this article should shed some light. The fact that the President is willing to veto a bill to fund the war because it gives too much money to other programs, including veterans programs, should be enough to make any true patriot sick.

www.informationclearinghouse.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged! Thanks for posting this Scarlett!

This is the craziest part about this endless debacle--This criminal admin and their complicit, spineless congress just keep funneling more and more money that an already suffering nation DOESN'T HAVE into month after month, year after year of this...The country is in shambles financially, the dollar is almost disappearing into non-relevance, and the cost of everything is sky-rocketing while jobs are being lost in record numbers here at home...Yet billions and billions of our tax-payer dollars just keep getting poured into these overseas disasters...And these guys are doing everything in their might to start up MORE wars!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Starred & Flagged!

However, I'm beginning to see some signs of relief from the poverty...I posted one such sign of relief here. However, I believe that much more needs to be done in order to fight at the root causes of US poverty:

For one thing, the Middle Class economy has been nearly wiped out...It must be restored by bringing back "outsourced" jobs & more production industries into our National Production.

The excessive "transfer of wealth" from the middle-class & poor to the already-rich needs to stop & we must restore a better balance to the flow of wealth.

Another thing would be to get the surplus of illegal aliens to go back where they came from, because they raise the unemployment level among Citizens as well as bog down social programs, health providers & civic infrastructures as long as they remain here.

Yes, there are signs that things are beginning to pick up again, but those corrupt politicians who engineer America's downfall must be removed from government & we must restore our Constitutional Republic...This, above all else must be done before America can recover.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightDStroyer
Starred & Flagged!

However, I'm beginning to see some signs of relief from the poverty...I posted one such sign of relief here. However, I believe that much more needs to be done in order to fight at the root causes of US poverty:

For one thing, the Middle Class economy has been nearly wiped out...It must be restored by bringing back "outsourced" jobs & more production industries into our National Production.

The excessive "transfer of wealth" from the middle-class & poor to the already-rich needs to stop & we must restore a better balance to the flow of wealth.

Another thing would be to get the surplus of illegal aliens to go back where they came from, because they raise the unemployment level among Citizens as well as bog down social programs, health providers & civic infrastructures as long as they remain here.

Yes, there are signs that things are beginning to pick up again, but those corrupt politicians who engineer America's downfall must be removed from government & we must restore our Constitutional Republic...This, above all else must be done before America can recover.

While I agree with what you are saying, I often have others who suggest that redistribution of wealth, in any form, is communism. I don't believe this; however, I wonder what your thoughts are on the subject?

Thanks for the star/flag!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'm a huge fan of Paul Craig Roberts because I think that he is one person who has been close enough to the inside to actually have the truth at his disposal. There have been very few in or around this administration who have had the guts to come out against this administration, but those who do give me hope.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125
I often have others who suggest that redistribution of wealth, in any form, is communism. I don't believe this; however, I wonder what your thoughts are on the subject?

I was referring to the kind of "distribution" that helped create the Middle Class economy that has since been rendered nearly extinct. Those who spend a lot of their time to earn a living should be paid a living wage & still be able to have enough to provide the health, life, retirement, etc. benefits that everyone needs. Communist "wealth distribution" involves forced distribution...More like a "self-motivated reward" system.

This also means that our economy should go to a system based upon intrinsic value instead of debt to the Federal Reserve Bank. There's plenty of info right here at ATS about the Fed Res & it's easy to find with the Search function, so I won't go into details here.

top topics

join