It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fingerprint Registry in Housing Bill!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Fingerprint Registry in Housing Bill!!!

www.openmarket.org

Yet earlier this week, a measure creating a federal fingerprint registry totally unrelated to national security passed a U.S. Senate committee almost without notice. The legislation would require thousands of individuals working even tangentially in the mortgage and real estate industries — and not suspected of anything — to send their prints to the feds. The database and fingerprint mandates were tucked into housing and foreclosure assistance bills that on Tuesday passed the Senate Banking Committee by a vote of 19-2.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This government, not just the Bush administration, is really getting out of hand. When are people in this country going to wake up and realize that it is long past the time to start taking it back from the fascist criminals...and I don't mean by way of the ballot box either!

www.openmarket.org

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

well what are you doing to stop this nonsence? thats what i wanna know

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I don't blame the government. I blame the people.

The people of this country elect these people based on absolutely ridiculous reasons and then just go about their lives. "He's black, I'm going to vote for him!", "She's a woman, I'm going to vote for her!", "He's from my state, I'm going to vote for him!"

Enough. That's complete and utter bull#.

These people elect these politicians and simply because they don't want to have to keep these politicians in check and keep up with what they're doing (because "politics are boring"), they tell themselves these politicians are in it for their best interest and everything will be OK!

So then what? Then these politicians, knowing most of these idiots aren't paying attention, hide these freedom killing points and clauses in these bills. Then by the time it gets passed, its too late, and the excuse from the politician is "the people elected me to do my job and thats what I did; the people elected me to do this! It's what the people wanted!"

Its the people of this country that are ruining this country. We were told by our founding fathers to keep this government in check. They gave us these liberties in order to keep this government in check; the right to freedom of the press, the right to freedom of speech, the right to bear arms, the right to assemble, protest and petition, the right to impeach - these were given to us to keep our leaders in check and make sure that our government remembers what they are elected for: to represent OUR best interests.

Our founding fathers knew that this would happen and they tried to prepare us. They didn't want this country going down the path that Great Britain did. They didn't want us to have to fight our own government like they did, but they gave us the freedoms to be able to do it if it became necessary.

It has become necessary, and no one even notices it.

It looks like history is repeating itself with repressive governments, but I fear that the people in this country won't have the balls to deal with it in the way that our founding fathers dealt with it.

[edit on 5/23/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Well... I can only keep putting this in threads and hope it sinks in...

Republicans... Democrats... ALL worthless. THROW THE BUMS OUT!!

The "Kick Them All Out" Project

It really should be that simple people (as long as ALL the elections aren't fixed at this point). The only wasted votes are the ones YOU people cast for Republicans and Democrats. I say "YOU" because I haven't voted for one of them in 10+ years, as long as another option has been available. If one isn't, then ya' don't vote for the incumbant. This is why it is so damn corrupt in D.C. YOU keep voting the same morons into office, year after year... and the corruption and crony-ism gets worse, year after year.

YOU want to save our country? THROW ALL THE BUMS OUT!!!!! There are usually plenty of other options on the ballot... from President right down to dog-catcher. CHOOSE ONE OF THEM -- why would you want to keep putting life-long, corrupt politicians into office? It simply baffles me.

I can suggest that people are "afraid of change."

My response to that this time around... you're afraid to change the course that has been set by all these morons? Jezus... look around, people... ANYONE could do a better job than these jack-asses, and things will NOT change if you keep putting them in place... no matter how much Obama or anyone else tries to brainwash you into thinking it will, by repeating it over and over. Wake up, folks... before our only option left is...

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense...

The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.

The Federalist No. 28

I'd much rather we take care of the ENTIRE problem in the voting booth.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Well, it would be nice if the link you posted would have put the bill number in the article so I could look it up for myself. Not that I don't trust the source.........oh wait, I don't. I just like to look up so called facts for myself before taking someone else's word.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
I just like to look up so called facts for myself before taking someone else's word.

I like so called facts as well. Thats why I click so called links in the article before I pass judgment.

You're now being linked to the link that is contained in the article, plus two bonus links. Click them.

GSE Bill
Manager's Amendment to GSE Bill
S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008

They all have .gov on the end of them so surely they're good enough for you.

[edit on 5/23/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I agree, with people that this government needs to change, but go ahead try and change it. I dare you, see what happens.
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing you can do about it, so just sit back and enjoy the time you have left. Play your video games, watch your TV, and get ready.

Again: THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

So stop whining like little babies. And enjoy what you have.

Sorry to be so rude, but I just cannot stand it anymore with this administration. I know its been going on for a long time, but right now there is nothing we can do about it. The only way we can do it, is if we start to fight and people continue to fight with violence.

I am not saying we need to fight, but with all the laws passed and the technology the US has, its unfeasible to do so.

Like I said just wait and enjoy what you have.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harvestfreak
I agree, with people that this government needs to change, but go ahead try and change it. I dare you, see what happens.
There is ABSOLUTELY nothing you can do about it, so just sit back and enjoy the time you have left. Play your video games, watch your TV, and get ready.

Sorry to be so rude, but I just cannot stand it anymore with this administration. I know its been going on for a long time, but right now there is nothing we can do about it. The only way we can do it, is if we start to fight and people continue to fight with violence.

I am not saying we need to fight, but with all the laws passed and the technology the US has, its unfeasible to do so.

Like I said just wait and enjoy what you have.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to you but I must point out that that sort of thinking is exactly what has gotten us into this mess in the first place. The government needs to be reminded of who the god-damned boss is. Every damn day we the people live in fear of the government. We fear what the consequences are for living our own lives as we so choose. We fear what sort of legislation is going to be brought into existence because of politicians playing to their lunatic constituents. Rights are being taken from us at breakneck pace and people like you just go along with it and do as you are told. People need to stand up to these fascist bastards and tell them I AM MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE! When the government tells you that you are going to sit down, shut up, and do as you are told, you, me, and everyone else needs to tell them: F___ YOU! I, just as everyone else, want to live my life in peace and happiness. I want to make the most of my life. But I have come to the realization that I am going to have to fight for that at some point in my life. Are you going to?

To the mods

I apologize for the strong language in this post.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

This government, not just the Bush administration, is really getting out of hand. When are people in this country going to wake up and realize that it is long past the time to start taking it back from the fascist criminals...and I don't mean by way of the ballot box either!

www.openmarket.org

I will bet that 75% or more of the senators and "esteemed" congressmen never even read the bill. They rarely do. They'll vote for or against something on a whim, or in pursuit of party wishes.

I saw an interview many years ago in which the reporter asked the senator what he just voted on and why he voted that way. The senator tried to duck and run, but eventually let out that he had no idea what he was voting for, who wrote it, nor did he have any idea what it said because he didn't read it.

I believe that's the rule rather than the exception.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harvestfreak

Oh my! Given up already? Going to stand against the wall with your arms crossed and let the PTB sift through your rights and decide which ones you can have and which ones don't apply to you?

Less is More!
War is Peace!

The "nothing can be done" attitude is called complacency and it has allowed the government to take away what the CONSTITUTION guarantees us. Are you sure you are ready to turn your back on the one of the most important documents written in human history? Are you going to sit back and let people die because you want to wring your hands and scream out helplessly?

If you don't want to fight for your rights, step out of the way and let someone else do it for you. But don't be a naysayer before the fight has begun.

I think the phrase I'm looking for is "Lead. Follow. Or get the hell out of the way!"

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Now I understand what you guys are saying, but think about it. If you can come up with 500,000 people to stand up to the current government, then you my friend are a leader.

You guys probably misunderstood what I was saying about enjoy it. Enjoy it until there is action, or until you need to stand up.

I have come to realize sad as it may seem, there are far too few people willing to take a stand, until something really big happens. You guys are doing exactly what I know people will do, argue about it on the internet and not do anything about it.

Tell me have you done anything about changing it? Because I have, but I have done stuff that for right now tries to get my point across, without aggressive action, as it needs not be.

If you really feel the need to do something to make you feel good, write your government and tell em how you feel. Even though it probably won't make a difference. But at least you are doing something about it.

While you can, learn survival skills.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Since the early 1990's, the US Government has been hell bent on tricking the people into a life of "false security". Today, most of our military is outside of the United States, there is little left to "defend" us from foreign or alien invasion at home.

I am in total agreement with the plan and work of our founding fathers. We have tools to take back our government by force if necessary, but that may not be for long if the limp wristed pacifists have their way.

I have long said the following and it is absolutely true:

"Americans will not raise up arms against their own government until it is too late. After all their liberties are gone and they realize that they are now servants instead of masters, then, only then, will they raise up against the tyranny that is holding them down, and then, it may be too late to do anything about it".

Evisscerator; a member of AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Evisscerator]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yeah there are things that can be done. In the end, however, none of the three branches of our GOV care about the Constitution. They have been confronted with things they have done that appear to conflict with the ideals of the Constitution and have said they don't care and, in the case of Bush himself, that it is just a piece of paper. The fact remains that it would take an all-out civil war between the populace and the military. And that aint gonna happen. Too many are just trying to get by, they don’t want a fight. And those that have worked so hard to get to where they are at won’t give it all up just to be a freedom fighter, to say nothing of the silver spoons that depend on the current paradigm to uphold their cushy lifestyle. Any attempt to usurp the US government will be seen as a "homegrown" terrorist attack and maligned in the media.

We can write all the emails we want (and I have) and vote all we want, but this world is full of people. And people are greedy. The greediest will adorn their motives with compassion and idealism. And they will take as much as they can for as long as they can. And they will rise to power and never let go - even combine efforts with enemies to keep their positions and provide the life they want for their offspring.

When the people rise up against a government thousands of miles across the sea, a government with the same technology and outdated military tactics (despite the finances to pay for a war), the people can obviously win. (Hindsight and all that)...

But when only pockets of people have enough weaponry to fend off a siege for a short while, and millions more have but a few guns, this government will win without hardly trying. The technology, the money (OUR MONEY), the training and the weaponry are far superior to civilians.

What are we left with? A vote? An email or letter? These times have been foretold, and we cannot change, either as a nation or a species. History has proven it time and again.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
ehhh, break out the exacto knives and lye,

I'm going change my prints and head underground.

Really, I heard that every four hundred years that governments go from a good idea to a complete animal that protects its interests to revolt and back to square one.

And what is the point of doing such a movement in the first place when people comfort bubbles haven't been popped yet?

I could say more about this but I don't feel like having the suits at knocking at my door..

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by kelbtalfenek

I will bet that 75% or more of the senators and "esteemed" congressmen never even read the bill. They rarely do. They'll vote for or against something on a whim, or in pursuit of party wishes.

I saw an interview many years ago in which the reporter asked the senator what he just voted on and why he voted that way. The senator tried to duck and run, but eventually let out that he had no idea what he was voting for, who wrote it, nor did he have any idea what it said because he didn't read it.

I believe that's the rule rather than the exception.

I agree with this. I think that the debates contain predetermined information that lead uninformed voters toward a certain conclusion. Those town halls meetings are full of planted voters who will ask the questions that the candidates want to answer.

Personally, I have never seen a politician cite a rider to a bill as a reason for not voting for it. Instead, they give some ridiuculously lame excuse that people buy into because it's easier than the truth.

top topics

join