It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want an intelligent response...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It really pisses me off that so many members seem to love firing off before reading all the relevant posts after I carefully make sure a post conveys precisely what I mean to say and also: check for speeling; grammar; and fallacious logic. I even put links to the relevant threads and give hints as to what to look for. I just have to repeat myself down the thread. Fully half my posts are just idiot buffers. What a waste.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by telepath]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Seriously now, i agree somewhat .

[edit on 23/5/2008 by Omega85]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
yep, happens. what would you rather have?

I mean I do this sometimes, make a well thought out post relevant links good grammar spell checked the whole 9 yards. What does it get me? A thread that just sinks past the bottom of the page never to be discussed again.

What one I think needs to do is to make an idiotic first post. Then after you have a bunch of peoples attentions with your idiocy you can then show the real issue and have people comment on the actual idea you want to discuss.

Here's the thing. If you have a theory, you must be willing to back it up and defend it. Don't reply to every dolt that wanders into your thread with stupidity and idiocy. Respond only to those that actually want to contribute to the idea. Some are going to come at you with both barrels blazing and you have to be ready for them. They want a debate. They are going to hen peck your post with extreme prejudice. If you believe in your idea you must follow up with those serious posters that just either want to derail your thread or give you hell for your post.

That's the fun of a discussion board such as this.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't mind the "hen peckers," in fact, I think they're the best thing that could happen to a thread. They challenge us to think things through more thoroughly. In my first post "Bozeman 2006" in Alien/UFO, one member comes off as a total skeptic, we exchanged slightly off-topic broadsides for almost two pages but once the member saw that I was a reasonable person and would not be tempted to the "trollish side," we began to have... a conversation! About the original post even! ::gasp:: It was brilliant! I was so happy. That member is now a dear forum friend.

What I do have a problem with is the glancers and flamers and people who for the life of them cannot form a coherent thought let alone a sentence. Oh well. :bnghd: Done griping about it for now. I'm sure I'll be back though.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by telepath]

new topics

top topics

join