It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution of Dinosaurs/Reptilians Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm not saying that this is truth, or even that you should give it a second thought. But what if Dinosaurs evolved into what we call Reptilians. I'm not much a believer in any lizard men or anything like that. But it is possible. I'm sure many of you have wondered that if the dinosaurs have been here for about 165 million years, and we for 3 million. How in the world did they not evolve?

Now, lets think outside of the box for a second. Don't stop reading after the next sentence. What if there is a inner-earth and that the dinosaur fossils we find beneath the surface of the earth, are actually the last layer for an inner-earth. What if we dig deeper and find even more evolved dinosaurs. It could show backbone for the reptilian theories.

Now again, this is not true, or false in any way. Just a theory. So don't get carried away.

I want you to share some thoughts. Reflect on this before you post, because you can't just deny everything. After all, when people look at acorns, do they only think about whats on the surface? Or whats inside?

Will be on tomorrow to introduce evidence/examples for this theory.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

But what if Dinosaurs evolved into what we call Reptilians.

what if the dinosaurs had aliens experimenting with their dna and the reptilians were the dino hybrids ?

just a thought...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
If dinosaurs did evolve into "reptilians," I have just one question:

Where are the feathers?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
If dinosaurs did evolve into "reptilians," I have just one question:

Where are the feathers?

www.daviddarling.info...

If a species evolved than they may have altered the genetics. Im not here to debate as I already dont deny with open-mindedness.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If dinosaurs did evolve into reptoids, they've not done much in 65 million years have they?

in only 2,000 years we've buggered up the whole planet and wiped out countless species, and 24 hour deep mining which must give them a right headache, whilst they've watched without doing a thing

Lazy little buggers!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrinceOfLights
If a species evolved than they may have altered the genetics. Im not here to debate as I already dont deny with open-mindedness.

What? That doesn't make any sense.

First, the reptilians and this "dinosauroid" in the link you posted are missing feathers. Fossil evidence shows us the troodon, from which your dinosauroid would have evolved, has feathers.

Second, this model assumes that a roughly humanoid-shape is the best model nature can come up with for intelligent beings. Examples from nature show this is not the case; high intelligence among animals comes in all shapes, from primates, to octopi, to dolphins.

Third, it completely discounts models for how dinosaurs evolved into birds. Why would troodon, a bird-like dinosaur, diverge from it's cousins and evolve into a humanoid-shape, while the others evolve into birds?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Okay, everyone thank you for your little debates.

I have a link that can introduce a way that the dinosaurs could have reached the poles. Remember, as always, this is not true if you don't want it to be.

www.reptoids.com...

After I read through this, I had a bigger concept of how lizard men, could have evolved! Or that dinosaurs still exist!

Even a simple wikepedia search can help you understand the theory that I am proposing.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also some background information on the subject.

www.freewebs.com...

When ever you have free time, just skim through some of these. It will help the thread, plus your knowledge of this subject. We have examples of reptoids in many continents and countries.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Second, this model assumes that a roughly humanoid-shape is the best model nature can come up with for intelligent beings. Examples from nature show this is not the case; high intelligence among animals comes in all shapes, from primates, to octopi, to dolphins.

Yes, these creatures are all pretty intelligent, but those creatures can't use their intelligence to creat a civilisation, technology, litterature etc, cause they can't use tools. Provided they are actually smart enough to be capable of that.

Of the animals you mentioned only the primate uses tools. Why is that?

Because they have hands and fingers and are somewhat humanoid, only they are on all fours.

When we took the evolutional step of walking on two legs, our hands became free, and "technology" started to develop with it.

So I think the humanoid is a logical form for a creature that is intelligent enough to create civilisation and technology.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
*bump*

I was thinking about starting a topic on something similar. I'm not really that busy (or even concerned) with reptilians and all but the subject has my interest. A few months ago I thought about it and came up with this theory.

In some beliefs, when a person dies it is sometimes believed they 'stick around', caught in between the hereafter and this world. Such a person usually died in a tragic way or very sudden and may not be aware of being dead and continue to live on in their own memory which repeats itself over and over (like a haunted place).

What if something similar happened to dinosaurs? They might have died suddenly because of a meteorite or a very agressive airborne virus and all died, but they were not aware of it because it happened so fast.

Instead of being reborn or moving on, these beings got stuck inbetween the hereafter and this world, but because they all went there at about the same period of time and in the same way they exist there collectively.

Like a shared dream or memory they continued on existing and evolving but in a different dimension. After many many billions of years they have established a culture there and some way of communicating and maybe in their dimension they came to a point where they realize what happened and made it to a part of our reality (the collective mental realm) where they influence us or maybe try to communicate. Or, tying more to the theories already know basically everything about humans for the last thousands of years and steer us in some way. We humans would then view them as for example naga's or 'reptilians'.

Just a theory of mine trying to fit in something others call reptilians

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
Of the animals you mentioned only the primate uses tools. Why is that?

Because they have hands and fingers and are somewhat humanoid, only they are on all fours.

Not true. Dolphins have been observed using tools. Birds have been observed using tools (Crows even bait fish). Octopi have been observed using water-bottles to squirt researchers.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
As a (admitedly severe) amatuer paleontologist, I'mm still trying to understand how you came up with the idea that the deeper you go, the more evolved dinosaurs get. Frankly, that's not the case. In fact, that's incredibly poor logic. How poor? Based on your model...
Eh, look, I can't even figure out where to begin really.
I'm still not even sure how exactly folks figure a hollow planet would work, or why there'd be a conspiracy about it. Nevermind.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
as you said 165 million years is a long time what if we are really their pets, or what making more sense they already left the planet, think about it what if there was a smart dino breed living among all the others 165 million years of evolution would possibly allow them to have developed space travel when word of the meteor which we believed kill the dinos were found they left the planet and erased and trace

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
165 million years...... WOW! Perhaps too long ?

Alien: Hey Bob , this looks like a good place to support life , intelligent life. Why are there always stupid reptiles on the planets we visit.
Alien2: Yeah i think you're right Roberto , lets wipe these stupid reptiles off this planet , and get some real life forms evolving.
Alien: ana one ana two ana BOOYA! muahahah goodbye reptiles! hello smart humanoids.
Alien2: So ahh.. whats for lunch ?
Alien: Meat =)

top topics

join