It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs DNA Descrimination Bill - Duped Again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
So Gov. Bush signed a bill prohibiting discrimination by employers and insurance companies from using DNA testing results to deny persons jobs, promotions, health insurance, etc. The bill is being touted by reps & dems alike as 'the first great civil rights bill of the new century'. The truth is it's a fake. What the bill outlaws is *intentions*. If a person is denied something, there are always numerous ways to explain your decision. Just because you reach a decision based on DNA testing results, doesn't mean you can't explain your decision based on interview responses. This bill is to present the illusion that your civil rights are protected without providing any actual protection. I see no actual reason for these entities (employers, ins. co.s...) to have access to DNA testing results. If they can't use the data in making decisions, why do they have access to it at all? Regardless, our fearless leader feed the people that they have protected them from such civil rights violations - and the people believe it.

www.time.com...

[edit on 5/22/2008 by verbal kint]

[edit on 5/22/2008 by verbal kint]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
You need to use the submit button and from there click the correct domain button. It is also required that you cite an article, corroborating ariticles and similar threads, if there are any.

Then you can add your comments.

[edit on 2008/5/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I added a link to the article which informed me of the story. Is that what you were getting at? I found your post kinda cryptic?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe it really is a good move and the administration has changed it's colours!

Seems unlikely.

Still, perhaps even the most totalitarian of governments has to give way sometimes, they still don't have enough control to do WHATEVER they want!

You still have a point though, given that this act pretty much removes the point of employers having access to DNA information, why are they allowed to have it? A blatant breach of privacy if you ask me!

As usual, it most likely has deeper motives.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
If you look at the third button from the left, you will see a submit button, that is the place were breaking news is submitted. If for some reason, you are not in the BTS domain, there is a button above the text field that will take you to the correct domain.

Eventually, a mod will be around to handle the problem, but it'd be better if you did it right first.

The top arrow shows the submit button and the screen cap shows the submit page.

The lower arrow shows you where you can click to get to the correct domain. You can see that I have a choice of political news and general news, so that means that I'm in the ATS domain and my submission would go to Breaking Alternative News, so I would click Political News or General News if either of those were the one I wanted.

It's not that hard once you get started out right.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Ahh... gotcha. my bad. I spent some time trying to redo the post, but was being retarded and got frustrated with losing parts of the submission when obtaining other copy/paste portions. heaven forbid i use another window.

i got it from here on though. thanks.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

more importantly though is the insurance companies. I think they're far more likely to abuse the information. I would think that such testing results will be included in whatever medical records they receive for evaluation of your application for insurance. That's where I see the birth of the dupe.

top topics

join