It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Announced

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, I cant wait.

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
Lets hope they got it right this time and put in multi-player. It would be just too damn fun to cavort around a city with friends destroying everything in sight and just causing general havoc!

mwahahah now that's what i'm talking about. imagine, six people with miniguns and an infinite number of rounds... *drools*

i'm so excited. it sucks i'll have to wait forever and a day again for it to come out on pc...

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I hope they add motorcycle cops. That would rock. And NOS! You could out run cops like it ain't no thing with some NOS. Rims on the cars would be cool, or the ability to customize them all together.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Here's a link to a multiplayer mod for GTA3 or Vice City.

www.mtavc.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I hope it is based in the early 70s. Damn good music, damn good cars, damn cool ideas forming, like vietnam. Just think of the soundtrack. Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Doobie Brothers, beatles, list goes on and on. How can you not like that? For some reason, people see "1970s" and automatically assume it's all disco and #. There was a hell of a lot more to it than that. ot to mention, Disco didn't really become popular until mid-late 70s

Also they could do it in present day and go off the War on Terrorism idea and start out in a city in a state of Marshall Law. Think about it you could have troops on every single corner, tanks, apaches, jets, bombs, etc..

Also I think multiplayer would be great imagine being able to get three buddies load up in a car and go over to a rival gang area and blow them away.

No matter what I think that it is going to be great.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yeah, it shall be great.

But now I'm a little scared.... Someone where I work said they don't plan on getting it too PC too, only PS2...

Is this # founded??? Anyone heard something about that???

That would totally suck. I ain't buying a damn PS2 just for that, and I haven't seen any emulator that works yet...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
They are releasing it exclusivly for the PS2 to begin with, but give it three to six months and they will bring it out on the PC.

Also there are a few PS2 Emulators out there but with all emulators they are often not perfected until after the system has been retired.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
They are releasing it exclusivly for the PS2 to begin with, but give it three to six months and they will bring it out on the PC.

Ok, so they'll just do like they did with Vice then.

Man, that guy freaking scared me, when he told me that I just wanted to jump on his face lol...

I'm so addicted.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.gamespot.com... I can't wait~~~~

GTA's are always fun. Especially since I just did a nice project on video game violence =P

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ofcourse it will be out on PC. Im sure they want to show off their splendid graphix and game design. Look at the big leap from gta3 to vice city. This should be even biggger! just cant wait!

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I mean, Its pretty fun, but there is no actual point to the game. Pesonaly, I think GTA sucks.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Part of the hype I think is getting to live out our darker desires like getting even in most violent ways using automobiles. Also the more I play the game I notice small little things that the developers added in that often give reason to laugh. The radio stations alone are hilarious, especially when you track down the information behind some of the comments and refernces ( the comments by Pastor Richards about russian paratroopers comes to mind ) Plus its one of the first games IMHO that does a good job of transitioning from a 3rd person player view to the ability to drive and fly without coming off as total crap. Course those are all just my personal thoughts, take em with a grain of salt.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish
I mean, Its pretty fun, but there is no actual point to the game. Pesonaly, I think GTA sucks.

Personnaly, I think few people will care about your opinion on this thread
As you said, the game is just down-right FUN!

But I agree with Alternateheaven, the more you play, the more you notice little details, that just makes the whole of the game even more fun. Personnaly, I just LOVED the radio stations in GTA3, even more than Vice. There was this station, where it was only talking and they were always saying crazy funny stuff, it was god damn hilarious. Can't remember the name right now... There was some radio ad that were too funny.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Catfish

Well "personally", I think you're wrong and in serious need of an attitude adjustment. :p

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Well "personally", I think you're wrong and in serious need of an attitude adjustment. :p

LOL!!! I agree. It's not the kind of stuff to post in a thread visited by die-hard GTA fans.

I had a hard time resisting the hurge to be freaking harsh on him!

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here's some recent info. It's not a whole lot but at least it's something.

www.gamespot.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Does anyone know what it is about?

I had an idea for the next GTA game where you were captured by the police and sent to jail for murder. You then had to survive jail in hopes to escape.

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ace

I don't know if it's from intuition or something, but it's probably about killing bad guys, stealing cars and fleeing the cops.

(j/k)

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I call it Madness. Mayhem, Death, and Destruction.

They call me Destroyer of Property. lol

Can't wait

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
mOrbid, I am familiar with the GTA games, I have played them and I do know of the killing,driving... but does anyone know what the new GTA game's story will be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join