It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can't Our Eyes See?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I have been wondering...

What elements can't our eyes see, and how many more elements could be out there and we don't know about! For example, we can't see oxygen and air particles. What are our eyes limiting us to see?

This theory could also be put to use with aliens, and other government conspiracies. They could of created some sort of material which can't be seen by eye, sort of like an illusion or maybe an actual material or what ever.

Is there anyone who can tell us more about this?

p.s Its just a thought it doesn't necessarily mean i am right!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well i am sure you have heard that story of when the first English settlers arrived on the shore of the U.S.A, the American Indians couldn't physically see the boats arriving because it was to "out there" to even comprehend. I guess this goes for what your saying too. I think some people are more in tune with the world and its surroundings and are able to pick up on what others can't see.

UFO's and all that other fun stuff for one.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Our eyes are only sensors that pick up a small spectrum of light. So there is a LOT of stuff that we cannot see and only know through science like radio waves, magnetic fields, gravity, electricity, etc. I'm sure there are many other things that we cannot see and which science has not yet discovered. Also, our eyes lie to us about the things we can see. Our brain does a lot of filling in the blanks with what it expects to be real. So you can't trust your eyes, or any of your other sensors really. They are all very easily tricked.

What is really a head trip is that color and brightness is just an illusion. Our eyes and brain create color for us. As far as objects such as a table or chair for example are concerned, color doesn't exist, only the fact that they absorb and reflect light at certain frequencies. Light is just radiation, same as heat, same as radio waves. The reality we live in is very much a human created illusion.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It seems like we see just around the right amount, if we could see everything itd proabably be hard to comprehend.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Believe it or not, there are people that can actually see and taste musical notes.

There are also people (including scientists) that believe that we are vibrating in a certain frequency that doesn't allow us to see things right in front of our eyes such as aliens who are said to be vibrating in a frequency just beyond our own.

As for what we can and can't see, it remains to be seen.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
Believe it or not, there are people that can actually see and taste musical notes.

There are also people (including scientists) that believe that we are vibrating in a certain frequency that doesn't allow us to see things right in front of our eyes such as aliens who are said to be vibrating in a frequency just beyond our own.

Interesting, i know that some people can see the vibrations that people give off which are called auras. I don't know whether that has anything to do with it though?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Good topic

This is something I have been explaining to people for years. If our eyes are only receptive to a specific light spectrum then there's probably plenty around us that we cannot see. Perhaps, under certain atmospheric conditions, things get scrambled a bit, hence the sightings of UFO's, ghosts, shadow people etc.

Maybe even the animals around us see things that we cannot. I swear my old hound could a lot more than me and, from his reactions, he didn't always like what he saw either!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just because our eyes can only see things that are within the visible spectrum of light between infra red and ultravoilet doesn't mean they can't pick them up.
Our eyes, as first stage input sensors, can actually pick up these "non visible" frequencies but our brain, tempral lobe I think, processes this info and effectively tells the rest of the brain to ignore, diregard or invalidate what the eyes just picked up.

Though we think we didn't see anything we actually picked enough unproccessed info for our confused brain to sense something as odd, thus giving us the eebie jeebies.

So the next time the hair stands up in the back of your neck, it quite possible your eyes are seeing something, ghost or inter dimensional entity, your brain can't process.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes there are a lot our eyes can't see but that doesn't mean we still can't detect it. We can't see air but we can feel the wind. Matter interacts with matter. If there were aliens in your house that were completely invisible to your eyes you would still bump into them once in a while.

Humans have also developed a myriad of instruments to detect things outside of our range of perception. We can see x-ray radiation and infrared with the help of machines. Heck we even have devices now that can (in theory) be used to detect gravity.

The reason why things are invisible to our spectrum of light has to do with the electrical properties of the material. There is no way, for instance, to create a transparent metal or a completely transparent multi-cellular organism. The presence of a cellular structure itself will scatter most frequencies of light that try to pass through and it doesn't matter what the cells are made of.

Jon

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

That's synesthesia.

This sounds like a crock of crap.

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd
Interesting, i know that some people can see the vibrations that people give off which are called auras.

This is probably some kind of eye problem, seeing how there isn't really any sort of "vibration" that people give off.

Originally posted by Britguy
If our eyes are only receptive to a specific light spectrum then there's probably plenty around us that we cannot see. Perhaps, under certain atmospheric conditions, things get scrambled a bit, hence the sightings of UFO's, ghosts, shadow people etc.

Well, you have to wonder where this different light comes from. The light spectrum includes infrared, x-ray, microwaves, radio waves... Our eyes can see the visible light spectrum (duh
), so we see things because light reflects off of them.

Originally posted by Alxandro
Just because our eyes can only see things that are within the visible spectrum of light between infra red and ultravoilet doesn't mean they can't pick them up.
Our eyes, as first stage input sensors, can actually pick up these "non visible" frequencies but our brain, tempral lobe I think, processes this info and effectively tells the rest of the brain to ignore, diregard or invalidate what the eyes just picked up.

Wait, you're saying that our eyes detect and send signals to the brain about other frequencies of light?

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Interesting, i know that some people can see the vibrations that people give off which are called auras.

This is probably some kind of eye problem, seeing how there isn't really any sort of "vibration" that people give off.

Are you claiming that auras don't exist? Because, in fact they do. It's a vibrating electromagnetic field and it's scientifically proven.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
hence the sightings of UFO's, ghosts, shadow people etc.

I believe this earth has a memory and i will be posting a topic about it soon...
Its about the frequencies at which every object vibrates (Which is in fact the "aura") and it actually explains alot to do with ghosts, UFO's and other unexplainable things!
Look out for it

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Ryan Lloyd]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Wait, you're saying that our eyes detect and send signals to the brain about other frequencies of light?

If some of these signals and frquencies overlap into the visible spectrum as we know it, sure. Even if this is not the case they are still frequencies with fundamental and harmonic properties, which means our visual sensors/receptors (eyes) are capable of picking up some harmonic frequency of a fundamental frequency that is outside our visual spectrum.

These are probably more likely to be in the infrared range. The Mexican UFO 's from a few years ago was only seen when the pilots turned on their infrared gear.

Maybe the grays know how to to hide from us.
All this while we arrogantly wait for them to reveal themselves based on our terms and nothing else.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

You're not referring to that 'aura detecting machine' that you put your thumb on and it displays your 'aura' on a monitor are you?

If you are we saw the same show on the discovery channel
except you would've missed the part where they put a block of wood on a larger model and it shows it as having an aura
I forget the name of the show, they were debunking supernatural myths, like auras.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I have been wondering...

What elements can't our eyes see, and how many more elements could be out there and we don't know about! For example, we can't see oxygen and air particles. What are our eyes limiting us to see?

This theory could also be put to use with aliens, and other government conspiracies. They could of created some sort of material which can't be seen by eye, sort of like an illusion or maybe an actual material or what ever.

Is there anyone who can tell us more about this?

p.s Its just a thought it doesn't necessarily mean i am right!

Well through certain meditations and various other means you can change your consciousness and see things normally not available to your eyes, sure it can be said that it is a trick of the mind and isn't actually there (but who's to say?)
We see a certain frequency range because our internal cycles are closely related to those frequencies, when/if you change your internal cycles you will notice that the world around you changes and certain things become manifest.

I am sure there are craft out there you can switch on and watch disappear as it reaches higher or much lower frequencies than we are able to visually make sense of.

Aleister Crowley also talks a lot about entities and realms out of view, he also makes mention that whether they are objects of the mind or objects in "reality" the methods still produce results and are not to be given special significance.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1-Cent

Are you claiming that auras don't exist? Because, in fact they do. It's a vibrating electromagnetic field and it's scientifically proven.

You're not referring to that 'aura detecting machine' that you put your thumb on and it displays your 'aura' on a monitor are you?

If you are we saw the same show on the discovery channel
except you would've missed the part where they put a block of wood on a larger model and it shows it as having an aura
I forget the name of the show, they were debunking supernatural myths, like auras.

Soo apparently then assuming from your statements that Blocks of wood aren't alive and/or do not give off an aura? ..

It should be safe to assume that everything is giving off a certain amount of radiation and would produce certain colors indicated by the objects intensity.
Just by putting a piece of (what you think to be) DEAD wood and the machine producing an aura doesn't mean auras aren't real... Who built the machine and who can verify its results?

I wasn't aware that a machine could debunk thousands of years of machine-less observation.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
All matter gives off some form of energy and thus has an aura. All people can see these auras given the proper focus. Some objects give off more energy than others, and so have stronger auras of different shapes, colors etc.

It may be called pseudo-science, or I may be nuts, but the way it was explained to me made perfect sense and I to this day can see this energy as long as I focus my eyes on the object enough.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

hello,

yes i totally agree with this everything is frequency we all evolve at our own personal frequency, we resonate with those around our own frequency

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SantaClaus
It may be called pseudo-science, or I may be nuts, but the way it was explained to me made perfect sense and I to this day can see this energy as long as I focus my eyes on the object enough.

i can see auras so your not alone! Most of the time i can't see colours but a kind of see through aura around people which when they are talking or thinking turns into a swirling colour. Its weird stuff and have been freaked out by it since i was about 10 or 12.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

No. Auras don't exist. Please enlighten us with a scientific study that outlines their existence.

People who see auras are most likely just getting confused by how their eyes work. Our eyes constantly play tricks on us, so to accept that everything you see is 100% accurate is a joke, as it's never going to be that way. This is why paranormal research gets laughed at, as people rely on their own senses to "research", which is ridiculously flawed. I can stare at something and see all kinds of patterns. It's not anything paranormal or hitherto-unknown, simply my brain trying to figure out what I'm looking at.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join