It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Hagel Takes On McCain, Praises Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Chuck Hagel Takes On McCain, Praises Obama

www.huffingtonpost.com

Chuck Hagel is quickly becoming Barack Obama's answer to Joe Lieberman.

The Republican Senator from Nebraska was a political thorn in McCain's side on Tuesday night, repeatedly lavishing praise on the presumptive Democratic candidate and levying major foreign policy criticisms at the GOP nominee and the Republican Party as a whole. At one point, Hagel even urged the Arizona Republican to elevate his campaign discourse to a higher, more honest level.

"We know from past campaigns that presidential candidates will say many things," Hagel said of some of McCain's recent rhetoric, namely his policy on talking to Iran. "But once they have the responsibility to govern the country and lead the world, that difference between what they said and what responsibilities they have to fulfill are vastly different. I'm very upset with John with some of the things he's been saying. And I can't get into the psychoanalysis of it. But I believe that John is smarter than some of the things he is saying.

"I never understand how anyone in any realm of civilized discourse could sort through the big issues and challenges and threats and figure out how to deal with those without engaging in some way...."

When asked to respond to rumors circulating within political circles that the Bush administration was ginning up the possibility of war with Iran, the Senator even raised the specter of impeachment.

"You've got the power of impeachment, now that is a very defined measure if you are willing to bring charges against the president at all. You can't just say I disagree with him, let's impeach him," said Hagel. An attack on Iran without Congress' consent, he added, "would bring with it... outstanding political consequences, including for the Republican Party."
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Ahh... yes division and desent... the true legecy of uncurious george.

How to proceed after him is tearing both parties apart at the seams... the end result is that we may very well end up with a true multi party system if both parties split... the fault line... supporters of Obama vs Clinton and the supporters of McCain vs those who wouldn't vote for him if he were the last politician on earth (a nice image actually).

So much for being a uniter HUH?

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join