It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, where will you be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I hear many things about 2012, from those who think nibiru wil be coming to destroy us, to a government conspiracy to bring aliens to earth. So i ask you all, what will you be doing on the 31st of December 2011, 11:59:59?

Heres what i'll be doing, i'll be sitting in the back garden or anywhere pituresce and lonely, doing what i do every year. Taking some time alone, to sit down, drink a beer, look up at the stars and figure out the next years plans. I never plan it exactly but i set my goals and try and achieve them.

I take the time alone just to think things through, examine the year and think about many things, look up at the stars and hope for true extraterrestial contact, hope that some genius somewhere discovers the cure for any number of diseases and many other things besides.

So what will you be thinking of or doing?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well considering the Mayan calendar stops with 2012, Nostradamus and a few other profits predict the end time in that year, and the Bible seems to point a battle of Armageddon where all nations line up against Israel (almost there, I think the US is the only one still backing them up)...I will prob. be spending my time making sure I was right with God. Here is a link that talks more about it: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I will either be sitting down trying to relax and catch my breath after themultitude of events of that year or jumping onto ATS the have myself a good 'ol chuckle at the back and forths of 'I told you so'

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
But the predictions are for the end of 2012 not the beggining of the new year.
I'm planning a camping trip for december of 2012.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
If I have the money, I will be taking a 3-4 month vacation at a remote location starting starting September. I'm thinking islands near Indonesia or something. This is supposing the world hasn't gone to hell beforehand. If nothing happens at least I will have taken a sweet break, and if something does happen, well...I won't be stuck on the highway that's for sure

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Assuming I'm not in the cemetery by then ( I'll be 64) I will be getting ready to shoot off fire crackers with my children and grandchildren.

Of course I will be watching the heavens with my telescope also. Then after the family leaves I'll be logging onto ATS to join in on the End of the World as we know it watch.

I expect it to be a very interesting time.

Hopefully it will pass without any unusual events.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
its not one moment.. like... "new years eve ball drop"

it's happening NOW.

it's happening INSIDE US.

it's a ramped build-up.

learn about it NOW...

click the link in my signature for the REAL 2012 DNA CHANGE.

in-form yourself.

literally.

-

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I read all that stuff a long while ago, it didn't impress me thena dn it doesn't impress me now. Maybe you should read up on the new scientific discoveries. Humans are not missing 2 chromosomes, two of ours merely fused and science has found the fusion point.

Anyway my original question is what will you be doing and where wil you be, even if what you say is true (it isn't by the way) then you'll still be somewhere on that night i mentioned
So where will it be?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i think i will sit down with my family and closest friends and wait what will happen while we discuss it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
well i'll either sit back light a doobie and watch the end of the world...or sit back light a doobie then go to bed!! but i predict much sitting and doobie smoking followed by horrible flaming death ...or bed!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
somewhere driking my jack daniels + coke
I don't think anything will happens at 31 december - 1 january so I will be doing something fun

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well, i think that we will all be busy with the world epidemics. I mean if all of you believe the 2012 story then you all believe there will be a major amount of activity here on earth. You see it happening now. You should stop thinking about how its ganna change and start thinking how your going to adapt. Mayanmar, china, the amazing amount of earth quakes, the volcanoes...jezz ect. So i hope everyone is preparing for it.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Most likely doing the same as my Bride and I do every December --- thanking God that we survived yet another hurricane season, looking at the stars, planets and occasional satellite zipping by at a liesurely 27,000 mph whilst lounging in the double-wide hammock in the back yard of this little chunka rock in the Caribbean that we live on. Oh yeah, and sipping homemade Naseberry wine. I think it's not unlike a fruity chardonnay...... my Bride still maintains it tastes like socks.

I have to say that I think the Nibiru fuss seems almost impossibly thin in a cosmetological way. My mind remains open to evidence to the contrary, but I can't accept, thus far, the concept that a brown dwarf or other planetary body is at this moment bearing down on the Big Blue and all these quarreling nations have conformed to some silent agreement to keep the masses uninformed. I could almost accept the reptoid theorum easier than the previous nation notion.

Now, as to 2012, who the h*ll knows...... I think there are many cultures, presumably geographically separated, that seem to resonate together as to great changes occurring during this time. One of the reasons we moved here years ago was a perception of patterns that pointed toward difficult times, and global observations since have only served to reinforce that decision. I think it's prudent of all of us to prepare for potential life-changing events...... hey, I can't think of a single place I've ever been -- and there have been many many place -- that are devoid of any natural disaster risks, be they earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, tornados, tsunami, CERN collider, or what have you. Buy a little extra food when you shop, store it away. Provide for many times more water than you think you need; unless you live in the country, your water source is likely more tenuous that you think it is. Rotate your foods, and in this way, it really doesn't cost you a noticeable amount. Acquire survival skills if you don't have them. If you need X and can't make it, stock it up. Toilet Paper. 'nuff said. "Oh, I can use leaves if I have to..." yah. Well, go try leaves for a week. I guarantee you'll finish the week being the mega-case TP king/queen.

Hopefully, we'll all gather 'round this fine site filled with intelligent and quirky/fun people on December 13th and say, "so when's the next date for the apocalypse?"

Peace

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
It 2012 hey? With any luck Ill be out partying and Ill probably be to drunk to stand up let alone care that planet X is about to destroy life on this world.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
not sure where I'll be.

international date line?

auckland islands?

I wonder how many royal family members and elites will be at "Ascension Island" in the mid-Atlantic.

that name has always puzzled me.

"ascension island"

-

[edit on 22-5-2008 by prevenge]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'll be home as usual around midnight with the television turned on to one of the local channels showing some fireworks, waiting for the countdown to midnight and jumping up and down in feigned excitement while banging some pots and pans together for some good luck. At this rate, I need good luck to do better than the above mentioned scenario.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The Mayan Calender (source of all the hoo-haa) doesn't end till December 2012 so I'm not holding out for anything come NYE.

Maybe 2012 will mark the precession of the equinoxes from Picses to Aquarius in which case we can expect to see the religous establishment continue to crumble and make way for a new and equally self-serving scientific establishment.

Here's to the end of blind faith in men in fancy dresses and the beginning of blind faith in man in lab coats.

As long as they don't stop me worshipping deity of choice by hanging upside down on monkey-bars and contemplating my pineal gland I'm easy.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElusiveGoddess

Here's to the end of blind faith in men in fancy dresses and the beginning of blind faith in man in lab coats.

That isn't quite fair, scientists and doctors have peer reviewed research to back up their claims so it's hardly blind faith.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
If accepted too faithfully peer reviewed research can become consensus logic...

I am just as happy to reject dogma from a bunch of people who claim to get their information direct from God as people who claim they must be right because everyone who knows anything says so.

Question everything, including 'peer reviewed' research.

Having said all that, it's still the best system going. It's just not as infallible as it pretends to be.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Most likely off my face same as every other New Years Eve

Don't see why 2011 should be any different

Seriously tho, I've seen so many variations in times, dates, places and things that may or may not happen in 2012 or the couple years preceding and following, I'm not sure I believe any of it...

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join