It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Barr, pros and cons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Since apparently this guy Barr has got the Libertarian bid for President, and since we don't have much of a choice among the Demopublicans and the Republicrats (Obama is the best choice, and that alone is getting scarier by the day!), I'm looking into Barr as a possible recipient of one certified redneck vote in November.

Now I plan on going over all the web-based info I can find and I hear Glenn Beck is gonna grill him a bit later on, but with all the different points of view here, I can't think of a better way to research the guy (not the party, I think I already know where they stand on most issues). What's his bad points? What's his good points? Strictly Libertarian or sorta Libertarian? Should he be shot at sunrise or elected in 2008?

My apologies to Ron Paul supporters, but I don't think a write-in campaign is gonna go over good, especially when the candidate didn't ask to run independent.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I agree with you that the Ron Paul write-in probably won’t be all that successful (even if they actually count the votes!), as much as it pains me I believe I will have to let go of that notion and stick with my true party, which is Libertarian. I’ve read up a bit on Barr, and he is definitely not as good of a choice as Ron Paul in my opinion, but by comparison of the candidates we’re forced to choose from otherwise, he is hands down the best one. The thing that worries me is that he used to be a hardcore republican and he supported one of the worst acts in recent history – the Patriot Act. He is singing a different tune now, and regrets his ill placed support after seeing the results that the act has had on our civil liberties. He claims to be disenfranchised with the republican party now, and feels it is no longer his party, and he has taken on the majority of the views of the libertarian party. In other news I’ve done a bit of research on Wayne Root, who is his running mate, and I think he would make a fantastic president himself and certainly adds a lot of confidence in Barr’s run for me personally. I think if the Barr/Root ticket is endorsed by Ron Paul then in the very least they may have a decent shot at turning some heads and creating a real possibility for some of the real change we all seek in 2012. If you use the search function in the ATS main page you can read some other Barr threads with links of videos and such for him, as well as links for Wayne Root, and Barr’s campaign page is www.bobbarr2008.com

On a side note I’ve enjoyed reading your posts since I became a member. You add a lot of great insight to ATS. A lot of the stars you’ve gotten on your posts have come from me. Keep up the good work - the world could use a few more well-informed rednecks!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I think its great, may he damage McCain just like Nader did to Gore in 2000. This could be a great thing.

new topics

join