It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mimetoliths

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wallachian
Aren't rocks just great?

I've been collecting rocks and crystals my whole life, i should have become a geologist. I'm taking a seminar in rock identification right now though. I'm a rock freak!

So am I! A rock freak, I mean - and a proud one.

Once I was returning from a holiday and a customs officer, upon lifting my valise, asked me: "What do you have in there? Rocks?"

Well - yeah!

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Wow - this is beautiful!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Thank you for appreciating it (= nature), Wiser.

I think there should be many more programmes on TV to show things like these mimetoliths or amazing optical phenomena to people.
Now that would be "reality TV" that even I would care to watch...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Could I ask for this thread ot be moved into the "Science" section, please?

I think it would be more appropriate.
I could be wrong, of course...

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Just adding a nice article for those who are "rock freaks", like Wallachian and myself - or hope to become one...

How to Look at Rocks

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Bumping this old thread, my friend, because it's been too long since anyone has seen it. And they should.
Very good thread.

edit on 2-8-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAstra

Nice bump, found this from another thread and realized I have the most awesome natural artwork I stumbled upon on a beach one day. Well I was at a "psychic fair" doing, some, alternative healings lol, and before I started, I spent 5mins on the beach...

Whilst there I was drawn to an area, looked down and saw something poking out the sand, at the edge of where the sea was hitting the shore. I pulled out what was some rocky/natural/shell thing - cleaned it off, turned it over, and low and behold is the perfect image of an angel, with halo/aura and massive wings with minute details of feathers on his back (could be a her, but none the less, looks awesome).

I will try and photograph it and add to thread, truly is an extradinary piece, and was very blessed to have been in the right place at the right time to find it

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by moleskin

Great, I'd love to see what you've got.

I've seen many interesting anthropomorphic rocks during my climbing years, but I wasn't exactly in the position to take photos. :-)
One of the nicest mimetoliths I've seen, though, was a piece of old brick or something which had been shaped by the sea into a fish. Makes sense.

It really is a great thread, and always useful, but those who need it the most will never read it....

edit on 4-8-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

There at least a dozen of these within a 2 mile radius.... The odds of these being that close to each other are extremely high.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SpectateSwamp
www.youtube.com...
what is up with my videos?
www.youtube.com...
Seems it was my fault.
There are at least 12 of these unusual features within a couple of miles???
I love them
edit on 17-7-2017 by SpectateSwamp because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join