It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glaxo Wins Approval to Sell Pre-Pandemic Flu Vaccine (Update2)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Glaxo Wins Approval to Sell Pre-Pandemic Flu Vaccine (Update2)

www.bloomberg.com

May 19 (Bloomberg) -- GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Europe's largest drugmaker, won European Union permission to sell its pre-pandemic flu vaccine, the first approval in the region of a shot to prevent an outbreak sparked by the deadly bird flu virus.

The vaccine, called Prepandrix, was cleared for sale in 29 countries to protect people against the virus before or at the beginning of a pandemic, London-based Glaxo said today in an e- mailed statement. The European regulator's advisory panel recommended adopting the product in February.

``This is a vaccine that can be produced in advance of a pandemic, that can be stockpiled ahead of a pandemic, which really allows governments to be ready in the event of a pandemic,'' Emmanuel Hanon, director and vice president of the influenza vaccine franchise at Glaxo's GSK Biologicals in Rixensart, Belgium, said in a telephone conference with reporters on May 14.

Governments are trying to prepare for a possible pandemic caused by the fatal H5N1 strain of bird flu that has spread across Asia to Africa, the Middle East and Europe since 2003. Makers of the vaccines are seeking a share of a $1 billion to $2 billion potential market, analyst Andrew Fellows of Helvea in London said last year.

Glaxo has invested about $2 billion in flu vaccine manufacturing capacity and is going to double production at factories in Germany and Canada to 120 million doses at each site, Hanon said.

The drugmaker has orders for Prepandrix from the U.S. and Switzerland and other governments Hanon declined to identify. It doesn't plan to sell the vaccine directly to consumers, he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.legitgov.org

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"It doesn't plan" to sell directly to consumers." Let's not forget the duck take.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I could see no better way of getting people to accept whatever chemicals the governments want to put in your body by creating a "pandemic" to insure the masses come flocking to receive their shots. I wonder what is in this specific vaccine or if its possible to get a list of ALL the ingredients used to make it.

So many people are already too trusting of people with horrible agendas, this will only further their grip on society in whatever way they deem possible.

Another point, will this vaccine only be available to first world countries? Will most of the population of earth that lives on less then 2$ a day be able to afford this? This would be almost too good to be true for anyone with a population control agenda..

Let the bird flu begin.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have absolutely zero respect for Glaxo. I work in the healthcare industry, and was doing some project work on their HPV vaccine regarding it's safety and recommended usage. I sat in a room with a bunch of "executives" and listened to them pitching as to why it should be given to girls as young as possible, and how they were going to promote the drug. The head of marketing said they were going to do a campaign that would scare people into getting it, and that he didn't want anyone to mention to the press or through advertising the success rate of people surviving cervical cancer (which is very high). He only wanted to show friends or family of people who had died, because if girls knew they could survive it, they wouldn't get the vaccine.

I haven't done, and refuse to do, any work for GSK since, they are a really "sick" company.

top topics

join