It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signal From Sagitta

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hello ATS

Before I get into my seti topic I would first like to thank ATS for such a top website, welldone.

Now onto my seti signal....

I have only been running the seti program for about two weeks 24/7 with two computers and so realise the chance's of me finding anything like a signal from space are almost non existant. But the two computers I have seem to be getting a few good triplet's and gaussian's from the constellation Sagitta.

I have been deciding whether or not put these up on your website as It may be nothing, but something strange seem's to be going on. I have done as much as I can to gather evidence of the signal by various means which will follow below. But the last bit of evidence I wanted to aquire was the task information from the seti website so It would match up to my data on my pc and complete my analysis of the said signal, But I can't seem to find the signal referance 23mr08ae.339.5389.12.8.5_1_0. I went through all my tasks one by one but every single signal is there except this one...strange.

If anyone want's to have a look to see if they can track down the WU my seti username is rushncrushem, I may have missed it in the list but my gut tells my it's been removed by seti.

Signal Specs: Rushncrushem
23mr08ae.339.5389.12.8.5_1_0
Guassian Score= 4.6346769
Pulse Score= 1.016933
Spike Score= -0.240655
Triplet Score= 14.683197

Below this will now be the evidence from my pc to support the above signal specs.

peace out

Album of pics here Seti Signal Pics

Please note when zooming in photos allow a little bit of time for the image fuzz to fade or download them and view offline

If there's any info missing let me know and I will try to provide.

Mousey

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
even if it was a signal what next?
send one back, wait 5 years for it to get there, then wait another 5 years to see if anyone sends one back?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow, way to go Mousey, that's awesome

Thanks for posting all the information and the pictures!
I wanted to see where Sagitta was and find out some more information about where your signal is coming from
Keep us posted Mousey!

Sagitta (pronounced /səˈdʒiːtə/, Latin: arrow) is the third-smallest of all constellations (only Equuleus and Crux are smaller). Ptolemy included it in his list of 48 constellations. At that time, however, it was even smaller, spanning only about 4 sq. deg. It is also on the list of 88 constellations now acknowledged by the IAU.

Located not very far to the north of the equator, this constellation can be seen from everywhere on Earth except for within the Antarctic circle.

Here are some of Sagitta's brightest stars

* α Sge: also known as Sham, this yellow bright giant star of spectral class G1 II (with 4.37m) lies at a distance of 610 light-years and together with β Sge (also 4.37m) forms either the feathers of the shaft or the two-pointed arrow once used in the Roman army.
* γ Sge: this cool giant (M0 III, 3.47m) represents with the stars δ Sge and ε Sge the shaft. It lies at a distance of merely 170 light-years.
* δ Sge: M2 II+A0 V (suspected visual double; probably single image, composite spectrum), 3.82m
* ε Sge: G8 III, 5.66m, multiple star (4 components; component B is optical)
* η Sge: this star of spectral class K2 III with 5.1m belongs to the Hyades moving group.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

There's more chance of it being a pulsar or another naturally created signal so probably no need to send anything back.

And if it was an "interesting" signal maybe they would try to decode as apposed to responding to it. A signal has already been sent to sagitta back in 1999 but that won't reach there until 2057, 5 years would be great though

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Mousey]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Thanks for the compliments LateApexer313 glad you liked the pics. I'm waiting to get some more WU for sagitta constellation If I seen anything of interest I'll post it here.

top topics

join