It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic boy banned from Minnesota Church

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowmann

Thank you for sharing your views on this. It really is a no win situation for everyone. If it were just inappropriate behavior or yelling or things of this matter, I don't think it would have been an issue. I personally never mind the screaming and kicking kid in the next pew to me as I know how hard it is to be a parent. It's only when the behavior of someone becomes a threat to others around them that I think prudent precautions should be taken.

Hopefully your daughter wasn't injured severely and appropriate measures have been taken to secure her safety in the future. You situation is almost a mirror to this one. Should the child who caused your daughter to be injured be allowed to stay in that class? Who has the more rights, your daughter to be educated in safety or the other child's right to education in a "normal" situation?

[edit on 5-6-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The priest is supposed to spread God's words on earth. To be a true Christian is to accept everyone as God did, according to the Bible. He forgave unconditionaly, was merciful, didn't fear those with leprosy, forgave the sinners.

My autistic son displays these behaviours at times, they are easily triggered but very difficult to stop when occuring, especially for the autistic individual who finds it hard to regulate themseves.

God created the quietly seated person sitting next to you, but He also created the autistic person. In the Bible, did God refuse anyone entry to His Church? No!!! All were welcome.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is not ok. Every church I've been too has at least one mentally challenged young man. And as a poster before me described, everyone understood and did what they could to accommodate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join